Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
in the endless quest to be the first by any metric, any qualifier at all, ofc they have

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Macartney-Snape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
speaking of that guy, I found his website earlier

http://deepcave.com/

its got some photos including of the dead people cave, the dive report from when he found the guys body and a live blog of the preparations for the retrieval

also an optimistically named future plans sections

also have a rough diagram of the cave from somewhere else

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the only bodies ive seen in these threads are george mallory's mummy which is interesting, green boots who is a landmark and that canadian woman under the flag not sure which ones youve been reading

the death pool was tasteless but i enjoyed the mountaineering stories i think its a cool/scary thing to do

e:also its bad that lots of people died in nepal

XMNN fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 26, 2015

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
no

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
that photo is awesome

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if anybody had the ability and will to drill a pressurised lift shaft into the side of the mountain it would be china

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
anybody got any idea of the timescale on that video? the snow is moving around which suggests days at least but the movement of the shadow at the end looks like the progression of a day

I'd have assumed it was closer to days/weeks or putting up ladders would be more difficult than I thought

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
that sign isnt bilingual who do i report this to

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
yep cocaine is a really good anaesthetic and widely used in ent surgery

heroin is still pretty commonly used in the uk as well

e: for other things, but people are often a bit surprised

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i'm taking abominable snowman being forced from its natural habitat by global warming and wandering into base camp

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
has anyone told walking across America goon about the death valley Germans?

or maybe we can give search and rescue guy a heads up on his next bleached bones in the desert adventure

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
most of the ones posted are british and its a volunteer team

also ambleside is lovely but apart from breaking an ankle or something you probably have to do something pretty daft to end up endangering yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
winter is coming

• Locked thread