Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bishop posted:

Ok so indulge me for a post. I'm a minor cave diver, only a few dozen under my belt, my thing is being a deep ocean wreck diver. I know a few people
Who have died . I train and study all the time: Am I a dumb idiot according to this thread

For taking enough offense to make this post yeah a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is it illegal to take a body off Everest if it's clear no one wants it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

it's fine and ok for people to be interested in summiting vs. just climbing

it's also fine for sherpas to have a different view

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hailthefish posted:

K2 is a terrifying mountain of death but I don't get nearly as much schadenfreude out of watching people die on it because the people who try to climb it are at least people who care about climbing mountains, versus Everest where most everyone up there is a retard bucket-lister who only wants to summit so they can take a picture and make a tweet about "woo made it to the top #summit #everest #yolo" and brag about it back home to pretend to be interesting.

as long as you understand that they're still a 100x more interesting than the kind of person who posts stuff like this

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

You heard it here first, folks! If someone is not literally a slave, they can't be exploited!

WHEW. That's a loving relief. We can all stop feeling guilty about how billions of people in impoverished countries are treated by Western consumers, businesses, and governments. As long as they're not actually enslaved, it's all OK!

You've really set all of our minds at ease, Cliff Racer. Thank you.

lol what are you like irl

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

I fuckeing hope that all of the mountain fags die. :twisted: I'm better than them because I sit at my computer any day and never attempt to accomplish anything.

At least some of the posters in this thread genuinely believe they're more interesting and capable than anyone climbing everest

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Anya posted:

Man, that was the first time I've ever watched a trailer and thought, "Nope, nope, nope, yup, nope, yup, nope" on events shown.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

zedprime posted:

I think you're overestimating the occurrence of towns on I40 through the panhandle.

Its a really surreal drive. You could be driving 90mph and feel like you're going nowhere because there are so few landmarks, and also because the locals are all going 120.

I got pulled over for 72 in a 70 (I was actually going 70) outside Amarillo because I dared to drive with an out of state license plate. Got boxed in by 4 cop cars for a few minutes before one of them turned his lights on and pulled me over.

• Locked thread