Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zeike posted:

One of the bodies is the first person to ever attempt it in 1924.

he was a fuckin historical hottie too

kickstarter to snap his dead frigid dick off and make a cast of it for folk to enjoy worldwide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I tend to just lurk this thread but goddamn it's a thrill

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mookface posted:

The Canadian lady's story is hilarious.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/m/episodes/2012-2013/into-the-death-zone

Here is a link to a documentary about it. She was a loving idiot.

good loving lord

everest shouldn't be your first loving mountain

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

what's the loving point, it's just a dirty-rear end scrub hole

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I can't believe people give Yates poo poo for cutting the rope. I would have cut the rope like a million years prior, guy was drat near insane how hard he tried to save a doomed man with a broken leg.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Is it illegal to take a body off Everest if it's clear no one wants it

goons will do anything for free jerky

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i told my dad about this and he said he'd leave my body there for being so stupid

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
1, the mountain isn't hungry any more

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I can see mountain climbing, for wuss mountains it's pretty fun. gently caress caves.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rondette posted:

Mallory sounds like quite the charming devil who had several older men doting on him in the way that only British schoolmasters could.

:a2m:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ZombieLenin posted:

According to Graham Hoyland who wrote the book linked a page or so ago, Malory had at least one "affair" with a man when he was at Cambridge--before he met his wife.

That, and reading what some of his male admirers wrote about Malory, there is some truth to that.

dont assume the rear end to mouth smiley is ironic

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
holy poo poo :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

Well, there isn't a 50 page thread on something awful where people post videos of guys breaking their spines by loving up a skateboard trick, although a thread like that would probably be popular because gbs posters apparently love to watch people get severely injured and/or die

you're right the schaden thread has 250+ pages

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

prinneh posted:

Oh, I was confused, I thought the 5-day suspension was in nepal. He's still a bit of a dick tho!

How does that make him a dick? He's probably right. Having someone summit in 2015 is probably good for Everest's PR, and Nepal will need that future revenue.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dj_clawson posted:

I am totally loving determined to go to Everest on the Tibetan side, which is a reasonable goal if you are traveling in that general area. Climb it? How much before you've technically "climbed" something? 10 feet? 20 feet? What if I said, "Climbed without summitting"?

ive had that sex. it's bad sex.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Someone got the benefit of some perspective out of it, at least.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Beardless posted:

That's a Bactrian camel, they're from Central Asia, and I think there are even some in Mongolia. They do very well in the cold.

The "normal" camel that most people think of is a Dromedary. It has one hump, Bactrian have two.

The wild Bactrian camel is also one of the rarest large mammals in the world, and may be extinct like the tarpan or aurochs. (Although there are some in zoos from wild stock.)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

For Britgoons, Rondette forgot to tell you you can watch that new BBC K2 documentary online legally here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03td9sc

It is online until Monday 25. Sadly, I don't think the film is available outside of the UK.

That dude's family is absurdly good at getting pity but the reality is that year was a clusterfuck and no one should come away proud of how it turned out.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Madcosby posted:

I was talking to my brother about Everest and the stuff I read in this thread in general, and he was of the mentality that "anyone can climb everest, it's more of a tough hike and less of a climb". I explained that that mentality is what gets a lot of people killed and he was all like "I could probably make it"

it's so strange how little respect people have for climbing literally the tallest point on the earth. They assume it's all gear and equipment and nothing more.

It's like whenever I go to the zoo and my guy friends tell me they could win a fight with one of the bears.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Some dipshit is going to waltz in and be like "black bear or brown bear?"

Look, turd bowl, but unless you're timber blood, it doesn't matter, a black bear could bum your dumb gut.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fluo posted:

How long has that been there to get like that? :wtc:

well, since 1924

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
wahat da

ti

thei joke

you

wh

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Can you imagine how good of a handjob you'd get from an Olympic tug of war competitor?

there's a lion who plays tug of war, are you suggesting that lions give the best handjobs? you are a furry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnQOfWBRk0s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I've driven through every state west of the Mississippi, where most of the loving bullshit is, and without a doubt the worst two stretches in the continental United States are the Great Painted Desert of Wyoming and the panhandle of Texas. I sort of enjoyed North Dakota and eastern Washington but there's nothing there except the slightest suggestion of topography.

I would say this photograph (intersection w/ I40, which runs through Amarillo) is generous, as apparently they'd had some rain in the last few months and there are suggestions of plants:

• Locked thread