Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

They should make a series of zip lines that go from the summit all the way down to base camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Axetrain posted:

I want to feel bad about that lady but she was just so dumb. Everyone tried to tell her this was stupid even on the ascent ,the professional climbers were like "Lady you have no oxygen left if you keep going you are seriously going to die!" , "My dreams will see me through this hardship" -Everest deathtoll +1

She was dumb as hell to be sure. The only thing is that when you have paid $40k, traveled half way across the world and are that close to the summit (and your brain isn't working properly) it's probably pretty hard to turn back and leave without ever making it.

Before even leaving, you'd have to be ready to accept paying all that money and spending all that time and failing; which I think many aren't.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Bensa posted:

7.7 earthquake west of Kathmandu. Time will tell if this destabilizes any paths up.

I was just checking in here to see if it buried everyone. The pictures of Kathmandu are pretty scary.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Necros posted:

im sure all the people who are regulars itt already know, but this guy owns and pretty much runs up mountains that kill nearly half the people who make it to the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gVkWlr_Yog

I know this was posted a while ago, but I wanted to mention that Ueli Steck's speed free climbs of the north faces of Eiger (2hr 47min), Grandes Jorasses (2hr 21min) and Matterhorn (1hr 56min) are documented in a series called "Explorers: Adventures of the Century" S1 EP4. It's on Netflix.

The episode right after it is about some brothers free climbing Mt. Asgard in Canada which is just stupid hard/dangerous.

• Locked thread