Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Post pics of dead people preferably with blog posts by them before they were dead about how they wanted to climb the mountain and then let's laugh at them for failing.

That's my favorite part about these threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Sanctum posted:

I think we get a free pass on that one. You think we're over-critical of her now that she's dead, you should see the poo poo we slung before she died. That woman was not prepared to climb Everest.

The 2013 fight between sherpas and Euli Steck + company was a major disappointment to me. If there is anything I would like to see on Everest, it's more alpinist-style climbers going up there without fixed lines alongside a team of sherpas in some high altitude traffic jam. And then some famous alpinist climbers set out to do just that and got attacked by sherpas because they had to cross over a line the sherpas were fixing and allegedly knocked ice down on them.
That wasn't a fakepost I legit like laughing at dead bodies and the stories attached to them.

• Locked thread