Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

reverse GIS successfully matches this to a bunch of landfills

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i have it on good authority that 19 tourists will die this year

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

satan has no use for dead sherpas because they reincarnate or something

i wouldnt worry too much about them

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

quote:

Google executive Dan Fredinburg was among 18 people killed on Mount Everest after a 7.8 magnitude earthquake ravaged Nepal on Saturday.

Rondette posted:

gggiiimmmppp, all climbers

:f5:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

keevo posted:

The helicopter is also bringing rope and some other supplies for everyone at Camp 1.

https://twitter.com/AlexGAVAN/status/592174402889916416

sorry you are freezing and bleeding and running low on food and medical supplies

heres some rope. charlie bronson's always got rope. good luck!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

gggiiimmmppp posted:

i have it on good authority that 19 tourists will die this year

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

only selfish assholes care about climbing everest. thats what the schadenfreude itt is all about

even the sherpas are getting rich letting foreigners poo poo all over their mountain god for money. im glad that even primitive geological deities can still get theirs in tyool 2015

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Chris! posted:

If you want to learn to ice climbing, Ben Nevis in winter is great, and you can book onto five day courses to learn some basic techniques. I'm planning on doing that this coming winter.

how long before someone from the everest thread jumps the shark and dies on everest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Chris! posted:

Another new video of the moment the quake hits on Everest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32545637

They immediately begin running from the avalanche, but I can't understand why she continues filming - it seems to slow down her running? Maybe I'm wrong though.

haha

"oh my god!"
"oh my god!"
"oh my god!"
"what do we do?"
"what do we do?"
"what do we do?"

• Locked thread