Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I was happy when that Canadian lady died but felt a little guilty. Now that I am watching the documentary I am even happier and don't feel guilty at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Chinatown posted:

Its not upsetting to watch actually its pure lol how is this person so loving dumb.

It is almost more amazing how her friends and family are just like oh she was super determined and poo poo. Her sister commented on how she was lazy and never wanted to walk anywhere preferring to take a taxi.

What a useless piece of poo poo.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Pawn 17 posted:

They should make a series of zip lines that go from the summit all the way down to base camp.

Better to just lie on your side and roll down.

:synpa:

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
3 ah ah ah
3 deaths on everest ah ah ah

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

ZombieLenin posted:

I'm still pissed about that CBC show, and how they painted the Nepalese company who guided Shriya Shah-Klofirne and her Sherpas as some sort of irresponsible retards culpable in her death... And to help with that they present a Westerner as the epitome of responsible guide people with too much money up a mountain team leader.

Speaking of which, gently caress you Russell Brice for pretending like the Sherpas should have done some sort of super human grab and carry down a woman on Hillary Step with summit fever.

Just go watch your own loving reality TV show. At least Upmost Adventures' owner was on the mountain and tried to help by giving extra oxygen instead of sitting in their luxury tent at base camp. Furthermore, rear end in a top hat, as that same reality show demonstrates you had people you couldn't stop suffering from summit fever. The only difference being you got lucky and they didn't die.

Finally, wasn't your loving reality show canceled after you essentially told your climbers to abandon a guy--who ultimately died--trying to summit without oxygen?

Nice call out.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

ah yes the Sherpas, whose native home is everest, who spend their entire lives climbing everest, who were busy fixing lines so fewer morons die on everest, who hold everest as a sacred part of their culture, they're the ones in the wrong here. obviously.

lol. Sherpas live on everest and climb it their entire lives.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

Well, there isn't a 50 page thread on something awful where people post videos of guys breaking their spines by loving up a skateboard trick, although a thread like that would probably be popular because gbs posters apparently love to watch people get severely injured and/or die

It is pretty cool and edgy that your username has 1488 in it. I bet you are a hit with the ladies. Can you please tell us about your (un)ironic views about white power? It is a hilarious thing to joke about hitler since he only caused like 9 million innocent people to be put to death in labor camps.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

My name refers to the Battle of Sauchieburn, which took place in the year 1488, but thanks for revealing your in-depth knowledge of neo nazi culture, I guess? :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1488

Choose another one instead history buff and Something Awful poster "AnxietyMan 14 words Heil Hitler"

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Syncopated posted:

How do you cross a wide crevasse without ladders? Walk to where it's thinner, or climb down into it to where you can get across and then up again or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4uv27nSaH4

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I can't wait for one of the books written by a survivor of this to be a prize in the 2020 Everest Death Pool.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

PISS

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
poo poo is crazy

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
It's getting cold in here.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

soy posted:

Color me surprised when I wake up to find out that my estranged mother is in Nepal somewhere via Facebook safety check-in thing. I have no details.

Your estranged mother sounds way more interesting than you. Maybe you should buy her an account and stop posting.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Harvard’s tug of war team, circa 1888.

Heil Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
It looks like he lost half of the digits rather than the whole thing so high 2.5s

• Locked thread