Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

i was thinking like maybe some big balloons that the sherpas could jump on at base camp and there are a system of tubes that the air pushes you up the mountain and also it's fresh air so you can go to the top even if you are an asain canadian nub

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

this guy snowboarded everest. it went very well; he is now famous for having done so

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

qne I DID IT GUYS I REACHED THE TOP

enziarro fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 13, 2015

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

Chocobo posted:

I've decided to start a kickstarter to be the first one to fully explore the deepest and largest unmapped diving cave. I've never used scuba gear before but I think I can borrow some and I have a friend that has as swimming pool that I can train in. I'm thinking that I should maybe attempt it without the use of supplemental oxygen because that will attract more crowdfunding backers.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/scuba-diving-for-the-disabled

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

i'm in for -2

that's 3 dead climbers and a set of sherpa quintuplets born at the peak

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

so the author extrapolates 1.6M lbs of poo poo on everest from a current poo poo weight sample in the sentence before acknowledging that more people climb the mountain now?

i mean i knew Mallory was hardcore, i just never realized he personally dropped ten tons of logs up and down the mountain

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

Wow, it's like there's been an avalanche in this thread

So am I supposed to feel bad about participating in the death pool if I predicted a net gain of life on everest? Or should I just feel bad because I lost the hardest?

e: vvvvv It's always changing.

enziarro fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 25, 2015

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

yeah

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

William Bear posted:

So embarrassing that he died and all some headlines blast is "SOPHIA BUSH'S ex dies on Everest!"

Was that his life's most noteworthy achievement?

let's ask US weekly

words, words, words

blah blah

something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

Regardless of his issues, S&R guy is pretty cool. Reading the one about the old guy who walked into the desert now, earlier I read the German one and the one where he uses similar methods to find an Area 51 A-12 crash site and finds all kinds of spy plane parts and army juice cans and poo poo.

• Locked thread