Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
farsel
Aug 4, 2007

elf help book posted:

this pedophile piece of poo poo dew-hating failgame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

How can anyone genuinely consider Saints Row 3/4 to be funny when all it consists of is references to other poo poo with no punchline seriously confuses me
actually "reference as humor" is extremely good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

TailsButtholeGuy... Toho Poop Man... Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

I mostly agree that Saints Row is poo poo now, but at least it has characters who find some meaning in their own lives from enjoying things like murder and singalongs. GTA is just completely poo poo and awful from beginning to end, because Dan Houser forgot what satire is and then filled GTA with it anyway. GTA V is basically just a lowbrow pseudo-intellectual who's thinks he's above everything and pointing out things and how the people who like them are fat and stupid instead of pointing out the absurdity of the things themselves. "Look at this dude who makes smartphones! He's stupid! Look at this guy who plays video games! He's fat! Look at this guy who works for the government! He's fat, and stupid! Just like the government! Look at this dumb bitch who likes yoga! She's fat, and stupid, and fat! People who like exercise suck! I don't like food anymore! Everything is poo poo! These three protagonists are a bunch of loving losers! Stop having fun!"

As a person who likes things, I don't like GTA.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tunahead posted:

I mostly agree that Saints Row is poo poo now, but at least it has characters who find some meaning in their own lives from enjoying things like murder and singalongs. GTA is just completely poo poo and awful from beginning to end, because Dan Houser forgot what satire is and then filled GTA with it anyway. GTA V is basically just a lowbrow pseudo-intellectual who's thinks he's above everything and pointing out things and how the people who like them are fat and stupid instead of pointing out the absurdity of the things themselves. "Look at this dude who makes smartphones! He's stupid! Look at this guy who plays video games! He's fat! Look at this guy who works for the government! He's fat, and stupid! Just like the government! Look at this dumb bitch who likes yoga! She's fat, and stupid, and fat! People who like exercise suck! I don't like food anymore! Everything is poo poo! These three protagonists are a bunch of loving losers! Stop having fun!"

Your the guy who explains the already insanely obvious, much to the annoyance of the people who thought about things before.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Saints Row 2 keeps score of how many different gaps in the scenery you've flown through, how well you've parachuted onto the roof of a truck and how efficiently you've streaked by people. None of these things are advertised anywhere in the game until you try them and there's a few more. I wish more games had cool systems like that, that you can just get through the game without ever knowing about.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

How can anyone genuinely consider Saints Row 3/4 to be funny when all it consists of is references to other poo poo with no punchline seriously confuses me

It was more of a lolrandom monkeycheese brand unfunny in 3 with all the Japanese gameshows and zombies and wrestling tournaments with chainsaws and people worshipping Burt Reynolds as a demigod for no loving reason. That last one is particularly dire since it wasn't even funny any of the previous times anyone made that joke with Mr. T/David Hasselhoff/Vin Diesel/William Shatner/Chuck Norris/Neil Patrick Harris/that beer commercial guy and whoever else. Hell, Archer did that joke with Burt Reynolds himself, and that was basically the worst episode of Archer ever. And frankly if Archer can't make something funny, that should be a sufficient indicator that the thing you're passing off as a joke may not actually be comedy material.

4 is where it got all "HEY REMEMBER THEY LIVE?"

Wormskull posted:

Your the guy who explains the already insanely obvious, much to the annoyance of the people who thought about things before.

I think you may be overestimating how much people actually think about video game narratives considering all the people who thought GTA IV – a story which consisted of nothing but a prolonged angsty whine about how much everything sucks (see also: GTA V, Max Payne 3) – and loving Spec Ops: The Line were in any way "mature". Presumably there's a lot of overlap between those people and the ones who declared The Last Of Us "game of the decade" because it had a protagonist who was both occasionally likeable and an undeniable rear end in a top hat, because that's all it takes for the low, low bar of video game writing to be considered sheer brilliance.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Oh right, you said "people who thought about things before" rather than "gamers" or "video game journalists". I'm sorry Wormskull, I'll post better next time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

"I think you may be overestimating how much people actually think about video game narratives"

Big fag shortly before writing a long rear end post about gta and saints row.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow I really read that human being post about a somehow faggier games series. Tell me more.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Saints Row 2 is ok I guess

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Tunahead posted:

Tunahead posted:

It was more of a lolrandom monkeycheese brand unfunny in 3 with all the Japanese gameshows and zombies and wrestling tournaments with chainsaws and people worshipping Burt Reynolds as a demigod for no loving reason. That last one is particularly dire since it wasn't even funny any of the previous times anyone made that joke with Mr. T/David Hasselhoff/Vin Diesel/William Shatner/Chuck Norris/Neil Patrick Harris/that beer commercial guy and whoever else. Hell, Archer did that joke with Burt Reynolds himself, and that was basically the worst episode of Archer ever. And frankly if Archer can't make something funny, that should be a sufficient indicator that the thing you're passing off as a joke may not actually be comedy material.

I think you may be overestimating how much people actually think about video game narratives considering all the people who thought GTA IV – a story which consisted of nothing but a prolonged angsty whine about how much everything sucks (see also: GTA V, Max Payne 3) – and loving Spec Ops: The Line were in any way "mature". Presumably there's a lot of overlap between those people and the ones who declared The Last Of Us "game of the decade" because it had a protagonist who was both occasionally likeable and an undeniable rear end in a top hat, because that's all it takes for the low, low bar of video game writing to be considered sheer brilliance.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

ITT: People who can still somehow work up the enthusiasm to get pissy when you mention that Spec Op: The Line and The Last of Us were poo poo games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tunahead posted:

ITT: People who can still somehow work up the enthusiasm to get pissy when you mention that Spec Op: The Line and The Last of Us were poo poo games.

who here likes that crap please name names

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tunahead posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tunahead posted:

Oh my God.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
AIDS

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Dude I post way too many words when I post and even I think that guy needs to chill the gently caress out

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just saw the part where he is surprised Archer didn't make something funny.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
If Archer was a game, it would be Saints Row 4.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

DICKHEAD posted:

TailsButtholeGuy... Toho Poop Man... Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Herr Shitlord
May 2, 2008

I feel so much butter!
saints row 4 was the first game i ever played on the playstation 3 console in the year 2014 and idk man why do you hate being a president w/ super powers

ok dude but, like, it's saints row :shrug: whats wrong with self aware fun & listening to lovely dubstep once and a while

Herr Shitlord fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 14, 2015

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Tunahead posted:

no one is gonna read all this crap

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Sir AIDS posted:

If Archer was a game, it would be Saints Row 4.

Dec 26, 2012

Tunahead posted:

Oh right, you said "people who thought about things before" rather than "gamers" or "video game journalists". I'm sorry Wormskull, I'll post better next time.

Tunahead posted:

are you sure you posted this in the right forum

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I think we have a new Taint Reaper.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Tunahead posted:

yikes

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I thought we liked games in the Imp Zone? I'm kinda new.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Tunahead posted:

I don't like using the word because I have LGBT friends on here but god drat dude you're a human being.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I don't like using the word because I have LGBT friends on here but god drat dude you're a human being.

lol at this weakass post

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol at this weakass post

:shrug:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

just say human being or don't, that poo poo was embarrassing to read lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

just say human being or don't, that poo poo was embarrassing to read lol

Yeah.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i dont have any friends so i can say all the bad words :twisted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dexters Secret posted:

human being.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

check dis poo poo out: niggercunt

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

Dexters Secret posted:

Hmm i wonder why?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Psycobladder posted:

Hmm i wonder why?

im an insane sociopath that isnt afraid to say mean and hurtful things, and in fact im glad to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just want to make sure everyone knows I'm actually a good person, and I don't even want to say the bad word, but *exhales* here I go.

• Locked thread