Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
nothing irks me more than these dog owners being so obtuse.

http://abc7chicago.com/pets/watch-this-4-year-old-girl-in-command-of-a-pit-bull-pack/472397/

:byodood: MY KILLING MACHINE IS A CUDDLE BEAST TEEHEE :byodood:

go gently caress urself, u stupid morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllPraiseToAllah
Oct 30, 2014
Pretty much every argument goes.

"Well if that pitbull had PROPER training, it would have never of killed and maimed a room full of children."

Right, because what percentage of dog owners have ever got any type of "training" for a dog? Not to mention the sort of crowd to is drawn to owning a pitbull, is not the type to take their dog to some expensive rear end training lessons.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
ive met some chill pit bulls and some hosed up pit bulls. probably dont get a pit bull because it might be hosed up and kill a person or dog

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pit bulls are ugly as gently caress. forget being dangerous, i don't know why anyone would want one based just on their appearance, let alone their reputation.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

linked from facebook all the comments jesus christ lol morons

https://www.facebook.com/abc7chicago/photos/a.419473366161.196130.165583971161/10153078431466162/?type=1

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I have a pit bull because I live in an area with crime but they make you go through a bunch of bullshit to get a gun.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

*posts meme of pitbull puppies*

Oh yeah, sooooo dangerous. :rolleyes:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

they should be illegal, there's no reason to get a dog that has such a ridiculously strong bite power and is so dangerous. I don't care if you like pitbulls, that's not a good enough reason.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE
Caique > Pitbull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1YHWey_7aE

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fonzarelli posted:

they should be illegal, there's no reason to get a dog that has such a ridiculously strong bite power and is so dangerous. I don't care if you like pitbulls, that's not a good enough reason.

make it like if you want an assault rifle you have to go through all sorts of hoops and licenses and its a complete bitch to prove you arent going to be an idiot with your assault dog

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

ive met some chill pit bulls and some hosed up pit bulls. probably dont get a pit bull because it might be hosed up and kill a person or dog

With any dog, research the breeder and owner. 99% of the time it is the owner, not the dog, that is the source of a violent attack. Pitbulls just get a bad rap because most pit owners are douchebags looking to compensate for their failure at life.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
hating pitbulls is pretty much the same rationale racists use for hating black people

well these negros are always in the news for some terrible thing or another, gosh, they must just be predisposed to it! i cant imagine what would drive a good, white, godfearing man to do a thing like that" *next story is about a white man doing the same thing, turns off news*

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

pitbulls are a broken breed like pugs, except instead of having hosed up broken rear end skulls that can't remember whether or not to snap and loving kill people

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

i hope that parrot hosed up that dog off-cam

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Jailbrekr posted:

With any dog, research the breeder and owner. 99% of the time it is the owner, not the dog, that is the source of a violent attack. Pitbulls just get a bad rap because most pit owners are douchebags looking to compensate for their failure at life.

yeah but if you get attacked by any other dog its not gonna be half as dangerous as these things, which are basically spiky clamps with an insane bite strength. It will gently caress you up worse than most other dogs will and can kill dogs way bigger than it.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

hating pitbulls is pretty much the same rationale racists use for hating black people

well these negros are always in the news for some terrible thing or another, gosh, they must just be predisposed to it! i cant imagine what would drive a good, white, godfearing man to do a thing like that" *next story is about a white man doing the same thing, turns off news*

lol no man not this early itt

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

gently caress da Mods posted:

lol no man not this early itt

why do u hate black ppl

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
One one hand, I believe that there is a lot of media bias towards reporting pitbull attacks, etc.

But on the other hand, my one experience with a pitbull owner involved a lot of circular logic.

"My pitbull is harmless and friendly!"

"She growled at me."

"Well, that was because you were acting the wrong way. Don't act nervous."

Kind of a "no true Scotsman" fallacy: the dog acts friendly to people who aren't nervous, and if the dog gets mad at you, that is just proof that you are nervous.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

glowing-fish posted:

One one hand, I believe that there is a lot of media bias towards reporting pitbull attacks, etc.

But on the other hand, my one experience with a pitbull owner involved a lot of circular logic.

"She growled at me."

Kind of a "no true Scotsman" fallacy: the dog acts friendly to people who aren't nervous, and if the dog gets mad at you, that is just proof that you are nervous.

you should punch your friend in the face

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

glowing-fish posted:

One one hand, I believe that there is a lot of media bias towards reporting black people attacks, etc.

But on the other hand, my one experience with a black owner involved a lot of circular logic.

"My black is harmless and friendly!"

"She growled at me."

Kind of a "no true Scotsman" fallacy: the black acts friendly to people who aren't nervous, and if the black gets mad at you, that is just proof that you are nervous.

in case anyone wants to see what was there pre-edit

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tunzpug_P0

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i do not own a cuban rapper

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tunzpug_P0&t=42s

this but with more blood and mauling

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

nothing irks me more than these dog owners being so obtuse.

http://abc7chicago.com/pets/watch-this-4-year-old-girl-in-command-of-a-pit-bull-pack/472397/

:byodood: MY KILLING MACHINE IS A CUDDLE BEAST TEEHEE :byodood:

go gently caress urself, u stupid morons

*dogs sit calmly and are obviously well-trained and would never hurt that girl*

WON'T SOMEBODY SAVE THAT GIRL FROM THOSE HELLHOUNDS!?

Some pit pulls are hosed up. Some golden retrievers are hosed up. Some dachsunds are hosed up. Turns out when you don't socialize a dog, it gets hosed up. Also turns out that when you marginalize a particular breed, thus making the only owners of said breed the type who don't properly socialize/train their dogs, or use them for bad purposes, you actively make the breed worse.

The fact is no trained, well-socialized dog has ever just gone completely loving berserk out of the blue (barring some kind of rare mental disorder in that particular dog, or perhaps a prolonged sad and violent history) so people getting all butt hurt that someone would dare let their child spend time with a bunch of well-trained dogs is sad.

Public's reaction when a German shepard kills a kid: that dog was clearly mistreated its entire life...so sad...
Public's reaction when a pit bull kills a kid: well of course it did, pit bulls are monsters

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
ive seen plenty of cool laidback pitbulls but the thing is if ur golden retriever tries to kill me i might get bit up but i will probably be ok

if ur pitbull tries to kill me i will be dead

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Verisimilidude posted:

*dogs sit calmly and are obviously well-trained and would never hurt that girl*

WON'T SOMEBODY SAVE THAT GIRL FROM THOSE HELLHOUNDS!?

Some pit pulls are hosed up. Some golden retrievers are hosed up. Some dachsunds are hosed up. Turns out when you don't socialize a dog, it gets hosed up. Also turns out that when you marginalize a particular breed, thus making the only owners of said breed the type who don't properly socialize/train their dogs, or use them for bad purposes, you actively make the breed worse.

The fact is no trained, well-socialized dog has ever just gone completely loving berserk out of the blue (barring some kind of rare mental disorder in that particular dog, or perhaps a prolonged sad and violent history) so people getting all butt hurt that someone would dare let their child spend time with a bunch of well-trained dogs is sad.

Public's reaction when a German shepard kills a kid: that dog was clearly mistreated its entire life...so sad...
Public's reaction when a pit bull kills a kid: well of course it did, pit bulls are monsters

post your pit bro

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Pit bulls are as safe as any other breed its all dependent on how you raise them

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

in case anyone wants to see what was there pre-edit

I actually know a black guy who married a Scotsman, and they seem to have a very happy marriage!

Serious response: actually, this is more about pitbull owners than the dogs. I am not a dog psychologist, so I don't know about breed predisposition. But I do know that my one close encounter with pitbull owners was pretty f'ed up. They seemed to believe that it was other people's job to adjust to their perfect doggy, and that any problems their dog caused was because other people around them were magically not heeding the dog's wishes.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

glowing-fish posted:

I actually know a black guy who married a Scotsman, and they seem to have a very happy marriage!

holy moly i bet sex involving a black dude and a scottish dude is loving hilarious

i hope it involves bagpipes

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

glowing-fish posted:

"She growled at me."

"My pitbull is so well-socialized it just loves playing with other dogs!"

*Mauls black lab*

"What did your dog do to provoke my sweety? You're not a very good dog owner, are you?"

naem
May 29, 2011

Is it time for our biweekly pitbull thread again

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

naem posted:

Is it time for our biweekly pitbull thread again

what do goosn think about ppl who circumcise their pitbulls?? do they deserve a tip??

what if the pitbull has downs, is abortion ok

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

TEAYCHES posted:

what do goosn think about ppl who circumcise their pitbulls?? do they deserve a tip??

what if the pitbull has downs, is abortion ok

Doobie's Doghouse decides to make its name literal, trains a pitbull with a cart to pull trays out to customers.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This never would have happened under Sharia Law.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

glowing-fish posted:

Doobie's Doghouse decides to make its name literal, trains a pitbull with a cart to pull trays out to customers.

new doobies doghouse location is inside a dog we found off the interstate

cheap rent and free meat

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Snatch Duster posted:

This never aould have happened under Sharia Law.

my pit has to pray towards mecca 5 times a day and respect the pillars of islam and it really just gives him no time to maul children

i feel bad for dogs owned by irresponsible, christian dog owners

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

new doobies doghouse location is inside a dog we found off the interstate

cheap rent and free meat

IDF trains pitbulls to "search" and intimidate Palestinian schoolchildren.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

lol i personally know more than 3 people who have been attacked by pit bulls, waitin for my day to f*ck one up

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

lol i personally know more than 3 people who have been attacked by blacks, waitin for my day to f*ck one up

smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

A yorkie can gently caress you up just as bad if it is raised in the streets you know.

• Locked thread