Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunky
Aug 29, 2004

test your might
http://www.pickthepit.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

lol

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

i did it too hooray

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

The governments coming to take away our pitbulls!! Oh no!!

Hypocrites.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

gently caress da Mods posted:

lol i personally know more than 3 people who have been attacked by pit bulls, waitin for my day to f*ck one

Whoa there! That's a bit much isn't it?

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

people who actually know dogs itt

naem
May 29, 2011

WHA TIF A PI BUUL FOUGH TA CHIMP

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Cute dog, tbh

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

this poo poo happens every generation with whatever type of dog the idiots of that era are enamored with. it used to be rot weilers, and dobermans before that, and german shepherds at one point. once dopes move on to another kind of dog, that kind of dog will be the new killer dog.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

all terriers are spastic dumbshit killers. pit bull terriers just are the worst among them. the rest were bred to kill farm vermin.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

defend pit bulls as much as you want but poo poo, a cocker spaniel is obviously way less dangerous and more chilled out so why not just pick a dog like that?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Probably shouldn't have a super murderdog if you're a dumbass and don't know anything about dogs

Like if irresponsible parents just let their 4 year old carry around a loaded gun all the time

Nah man it's totally cool he won't use it that kid is chill

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

glowing-fish posted:

Kind of a "no true Scotsman" fallacy: the dog acts friendly to people who aren't nervous, and if the dog gets mad at you, that is just proof that you are nervous.

If anyone is ever mad at you ever, it's always your fault. Why would they be mad at you unless you did something to piss them off?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Fonzarelli posted:

defend pit bulls as much as you want but poo poo, a cocker spaniel is obviously way less dangerous and more chilled out so why not just pick a dog like that?

Because it isn't bad rear end and intimidating. Sheesh.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Sport Utility Dog

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

rottweilers are the best of both worlds. they look intimidating, yet they're smart, and they stay chilled out.

german shepherds = best dog by default though. there's no downside unless you're a horrible human being who can't treat a dog normally. good temperament by default, super friendly, intelligent, charming, and loyal.

naem
May 29, 2011

5-HT posted:

rottweilers are the best of both worlds. they look intimidating, yet they're smart, and they stay chilled out.

german shepherds = best dog by default though. there's no downside unless you're a horrible human being who can't treat a dog normally. good temperament by default, super friendly, intelligent, charming, and loyal.

Where can you find a healthy one these days

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

DALE

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
I'm always nice to Pitbulls when I meet them but lets be honest I just don't want them to sense my fear and kill me.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

If you have any animal in your house that can kill you, you're an rear end in a top hat.

Buff Baby
Jan 7, 2008

As a human being, I'm embarrassed.
MR WORLDWIDE

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

The Human Crouton posted:

If you have any animal in your house that can kill you, you're an rear end in a top hat.

man... is the most dangerous animal...

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Therefore everyone is an rear end in a top hat.

The math checks out.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
I would say people that don't like pitbulls are mostly just betas who are scared of their own shadows and probably get cheated on by chicks w/ dudes that own badass animals like pitbulls

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
the problem of dog attacks and myriad other pet problems in america would be solved if we just fined trash for not getting their animals fixed

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
a few weeks back in Indiana a pitbull with no previous problems brutally killed it's owner for no reason. The owner's family went on TV begging people not to think badly of pitbullls

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/for/4818481378.html

quote:

These are the original game bred pit bulls that perform

quote:

Not bred or intended for any illegal use

quote:

;)

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

no real comment on pit bulls on way or the other. But personal story, my parents bred cocker spaniels when we were growing up. The male bit my brother in the arm and my little sister in the face. She still has the scars today, some 20 years later.

So, screw cocker spaniels basically.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

naem posted:

Where can you find a healthy one these days

don't buy from lines that are bred exclusively for american show, or those from a mill. those are the one's who have horrible issues. working line german shepherds, or a mix of working line and american show are your best bet. recently bought one this past year who had a czech father who was a police dog. spent about $500 for him, papers and all. he's been worth every penny.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

american bulldogs are the loving worst tbqh

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
here's the video of the extended family begging people not to blame the owner's pitbull for chewing the owner's face off

http://www.wptv.com/news/national/edward-cahill-indiana-man-killed-by-pit-bull-coroner-confirms

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

I would say people that don't like pitbulls are mostly just betas who are scared of their own shadows and probably get cheated on by chicks w/ dudes that own badass animals like pitbulls

they're ugly tho

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Also there's like 4000 dog breeds why pick the lovely, dogfighting ugly one

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Purebreds are the banjo playing porch monkeys of the dog world.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Redkist posted:

Also there's like 4000 dog breeds why pick the lovely, dogfighting ugly one

to feel tough

even for the people who say that isn't the reason, that's the reason

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
yeah if u want a spooky lookin beast of a dog that will NOT eat ur neighbors kids get a rottweiler

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Kaincypher posted:

no real comment on pit bulls on way or the other. But personal story, my parents bred cocker spaniels when we were growing up. The male bit my brother in the arm and my little sister in the face. She still has the scars today, some 20 years later.

So, screw cocker spaniels basically.

luckily it wasn't a pitbull or it probably would have savaged your sister's entire face off

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Fonzarelli posted:

luckily it wasn't a pitbull or it probably would have savaged your sister's entire face off

or an american bulldog

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Christ maybe if you want to feel tough go work out or something

Nope, gonna get a scary dog and hope people think I'm masculine gently caress yeeeAaa

to be fair I guess "dangerous retard" isn't exactly what you wanna mess with

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
attn dudes there are lots of scary rear end dogs that also wont kill ppl get one of those dogs

• Locked thread