Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i dont even want a dog i want pure wolf

page 3 effortlessly claimed for the pure wolf crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
what i learned from this thread is that dog concern-carebear sadbrains are even worse than gun concern-carebear sadbrains

who gives a gently caress

story at 5

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Monkey Fracas posted:

Christ maybe if you want to feel tough go work out or something

Nope, gonna get a scary dog and hope people think I'm masculine gently caress yeeeAaa

to be fair I guess "dangerous retard" isn't exactly what you wanna mess with

It's a fashion accessory, a piece of property like a gold chain.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

i met a half dingo dog and he really liked to scare people

like he never bit anyone but he was a real fucker who liked to growl and snarl and get in ur face gently caress dingos

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

i met a half dingo dog and he really liked to scare people

like he never bit anyone but he was a real fucker who liked to growl and snarl and get in ur face gently caress dingos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTIGXvc88Y

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
why not get a herding dog. Things are bred to take on whole wolf/coyote packs and win while treating it's owners friends/family/sheep like precious children. They don't look like Fallout monsters to boot

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Emanuel Collective posted:

why not get a herding dog. Things are bred to take on whole wolf/coyote packs and win while treating it's owners friends/family/sheep like precious children. They don't look like Fallout monsters to boot

herding dogs are awesome, but some of them are just too spastic/energetic for their own good and need lots of tasks to keep them occupied (re: border collies)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Emanuel Collective posted:

but what if people think I'm gayyyyyy

Wanna get a tough dog cuz I'm a tough guy

Touggghhj guyyyy *grunting noises*

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

5-HT posted:

herding dogs are awesome, but some of them are just too spastic/energetic for their own good and need lots of tasks to keep them occupied (re: border collies)

just buy a couple of cats for it to herd all day

dreadspork
Jun 25, 2005

Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.
I don't mind any breed but Dachshunds; only dog that ever bit me. gently caress Dachshunds. I have a flat-coated retriever mix, though and most I have to worry about with him is he might lick someone to death.

Never have had any issue with a pibble, though.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Someone make a parody where you're supposed to visually distinguish anthrax powder from baking soda etc and then argues that biological weapons should be legal.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

http://www.livescience.com/27145-are-pit-bulls-dangerous.html

that article posted:

A five-year review of dog-bite injuries from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, published in 2009 in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, found that almost 51 percent of the attacks were from pit bulls, almost 9 percent were from Rottweilers and 6 percent were from mixes of those two breeds. In other words, a whopping two-thirds of the hospital's dog-attack injuries involved just two breeds, pit bulls and Rottweilers.

that article again posted:

A 15-year study published in 2009 in the American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology revealed that pit bulls, Rottweilers and German shepherds were responsible for the majority of fatal dog attacks in the state of Kentucky.

that article one last time posted:

And a 2011 study from the Annals of Surgery revealed that "attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs."

The authors of that 2011 study go on to say, "Strict regulation of pit bulls may substantially reduce the U.S. mortality rates related to dog bites."

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

Someone make a parody where you're supposed to visually distinguish anthrax powder from baking soda etc and then argues that biological weapons should be legal.

i guess you couldnt do it

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

this page is even more striking imo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States#Fatalities_reported_in_2014

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

hahahah, holy fcuk.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Fonzarelli posted:

they should be illegal, there's no reason to get a dog that has such a ridiculously strong bite power and is so dangerous. I don't care if you like pitbulls, that's not a good enough reason.

uh hello we're not from the land down unda m8, we have freedom and if you want to own a loving tiger you can in most places so gently caress off with your rules I only live once and I live free

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Here is a picture of a pitbull with a baby chick and a kitten laying on it. Pitbulls are not dangerous.

QED

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

bunky posted:

i guess you couldnt do it

I didn't try, because knowing what a pit bull looks like is irrelevant

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
funny that these same liberals that don't want us to own pitbulls don't want us to have guns either even though we need them to protect against the pitbulls

Nerf the world is their motto.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
All dogs are good I'm afraid.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

I've seen debates over which would win, wolf or pit bull. LETS DO THIS

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
why havent they invented a gun that dogs can use

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

why havent they invented a gun that dogs can use

Because dogs are idiots.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Thing I didn't actually math but noticed when looking over those figures:

Southern and southernish states seem to be disproportionately represented. In 2014, of the 32 fatal attacks, 18 of them occurred in southern states. (Counting Florida, Texas and Missouri as Southern states).

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Iamblikhos posted:

Because dogs are idiots.

So are republicans and we let them have guns. Pitbulls with guns could end Al Qaeda tomorrow.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Ramsus posted:

uh hello we're not from the land down unda m8, we have freedom and if you want to own a loving tiger you can in most places so gently caress off with your rules I only live once and I live free

woo yeah america! *gets shot by stranger over road rage incident and gets dick eaten by his dog*

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
obama please arm a pitbull brigade

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Wolves ftw

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Jailbrekr posted:

With any dog, research the breeder and owner. 99% of the time it is the owner, not the dog, that is the source of a violent attack. Pitbulls just get a bad rap because most pit owners are douchebags looking to compensate for their failure at life.

Well, and the fact that pitbulls have some hosed up genetics.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
that wolf on the right is real silly

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
fun fact: there have been fewer fatal wolf attacks in North America's recorded history than there were fatal pit bull attacks in Texas last year

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Verisimilidude posted:

*dogs sit calmly and are obviously well-trained and would never hurt that girl*

WON'T SOMEBODY SAVE THAT GIRL FROM THOSE HELLHOUNDS!?

Some pit pulls are hosed up. Some golden retrievers are hosed up. Some dachsunds are hosed up. Turns out when you don't socialize a dog, it gets hosed up. Also turns out that when you marginalize a particular breed, thus making the only owners of said breed the type who don't properly socialize/train their dogs, or use them for bad purposes, you actively make the breed worse.

Of course, golden retrievers and dachsunds don't have jaws that can bite through the plumbing.

Maybe pit bulls are no more likely to snap than any other dog, but even if that is the case, when they do snap, they are a hell of a lot more dangerous.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The year is 2030: Every dog is a Pit mix.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Fonzarelli posted:

woo yeah america! *gets shot by stranger over road rage incident and gets dick eaten by his dog*

lol yeah we're all dead

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Ramsus posted:

lol yeah we're all fags

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

that wolf on the right is real silly

I don't like the neoteny of dogs compared to wolves

The Bible
May 8, 2010

All those people just made the dog nervous somehow. It was their fault, if they acted that way around a Maltese, it would have mauled them too.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

Pit bulls ARE biological weapons.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my GF was chased by a pitbull for two blocks until someone managed to distract it afew years ago and as i said in the last thread, my friends hand was mauled to poo poo by a pit bull at the dog park. i have a vendetta against them, i'll openly admit.

similarily to cancer, you too probably know someone affected by a pit bull attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

also lol at the guy comparing pit bulls to black people

• Locked thread