Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah let's legislate what dog you can have that's a great use of time and money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
im not down for laws that say u cant buy pit bulls but if u want to buy a dog i would suggest u get a dog that is not a pit bull

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

radiatinglines posted:

yeah let's legislate what dog you can have that's a great use of time and money

I remember all the posts that said this as well

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
anyone who's really obsessed with a certain breed of animal is probably going to be a weirdo, it just ups the defensive behavior if that animal is a murder machine anyone can buy and own. its the same behavior for people who are really defensive about guns, which people treat like they're pets/family

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Sphinxster posted:

I remember all the posts that said this as well

drat if it was a big thread I wouldn't have even read it

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
lol you guys are idiots. "pit bull" is highly loving ambiguous and the fact that it takes "8 tries" for the average person to pick out the pit bull on that pick the pit site should make you question the reports of people being mauled.

also the big loving question: in those places with fatal dog attacks, what percentage of pit bulls make up the population of dogs in the area? if pit bulls and rottweilers make up 2/3rds of bites (which i doubt because again the fact remains that most people cant even accurately identify a pit bull), what percentage of the total dog population do those dogs make up? also "pit bull mix" lol ok what percent of the animal is

the fact remains that lovely owners will be more likely to create poorly adjusted dogs, and good owners will be more likely to create well adjusted dogs. that stupid reference to the wikipedia entry of 2014 fatalities being used as proof tells me instead that dogs and yes even pit bulls as a whole in this country are absolutely fine, as you would expect far more fatalities than roughly 20 or so just by the sheer number of dogs out there. we are probably talking numbers in the 0.00001 range as far as fatalities per dog, even when it comes to pit bulls. you're probably as likely to die tripping over your chihuahua

i bet you all wash your hands like 5 times with antibacterial soap after taking a piss you giant baby girls

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It's a dog bred for fighting, is really good at fighting at fighting, is statistically proven to cause more deaths and injuries than other breeds combined, and can only possibly live in society without doing all of that only with exacting training and constant attention by a skilled owner. Well speaking as a proud North American I am sure that the average pit bull owner is more than ready to take on that responsibility.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
i have a pitbull. its killed a few things what of it?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You're probably next. I liked your Jughead avatar. RIP.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Knyteguy posted:

lol you guys are idiots. "pit bull" is highly loving ambiguous and the fact that it takes "8 tries" for the average person to pick out the pit bull on that pick the pit site should make you question the reports of people being mauled.

also the big loving question: in those places with fatal dog attacks, what percentage of pit bulls make up the population of dogs in the area? if pit bulls and rottweilers make up 2/3rds of bites (which i doubt because again the fact remains that most people cant even accurately identify a pit bull), what percentage of the total dog population do those dogs make up? also "pit bull mix" lol ok what percent of the animal is

the fact remains that lovely owners will be more likely to create poorly adjusted dogs, and good owners will be more likely to create well adjusted dogs. that stupid reference to the wikipedia entry of 2014 fatalities being used as proof tells me instead that dogs and yes even pit bulls as a whole in this country are absolutely fine, as you would expect far more fatalities than roughly 20 or so just by the sheer number of dogs out there. we are probably talking numbers in the 0.00001 range as far as fatalities per dog, even when it comes to pit bulls. you're probably as likely to die tripping over your chihuahua

i bet you all wash your hands like 5 times with antibacterial soap after taking a piss you giant baby girls

they are murder dogs, in my opinion, and bad beasts

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
every interaction i have with my pitbull involves a loaded shot gun.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Last Chance posted:

also lol at the guy comparing pit bulls to black people

its a good comparison because theyre both savage animals that people from the south dont want the government to take away

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

im not down for laws that say u cant buy pit bulls but if u want to buy a dog i would suggest u get a dog that is not a pit bull

yea

naem
May 29, 2011

This wouldn't have happaen if that chimp had a gun

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
also my sisters hot friend got attacked by a pitbull last week and her beautiful arm is now all scarred up. it was the pitbulls 4th offense so they put it down.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Redkist posted:

also my sisters hot friend got attacked by a pitbull last week and her beautiful arm is now all scarred up. it was the pitbulls 4th offense so they put it down.

ill be back

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Redkist posted:

Four before they killed it? They should have done it after the first one

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
They didn't even put it down immediately, her dad's a lawyer and he threatened to sue so they finally did.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Fonzarelli posted:

Four before they killed it? They should have done it after the first one

Four balls you walk. Wait...

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

same

perhaps a PSA about how bit pulls can bite your arm off and what happens to a child-sized crash test dummy stuffed with porterhouse steak

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

zooted heh posted:

every interaction i have with my pitbull involves a loaded shot gun.

finally a responsible owner

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Redkist posted:

They didn't even put it down immediately, her dad's a lawyer and he threatened to sue so they finally did.

If she had read this thread she might have avoided the jackass that owned that dog and spared herself a mauling. If only.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
is it pitbulls as a breed just have too much aggression, or the people who get pitbulls are generally morons and don't handle their dogs properly like playing keep away with a bone in their teeth?

every pitbull death/attack always seems to be idiot owners either letting their dogs roam and attack kids or just playing too rough with the dog and getting their face bit off.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
farrrrk she is playing with fire

naem
May 29, 2011

It's almost like the popularity of this difficult dog means there's lots of , difficult dogs

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
maybe like DMX can do the narration on the pit bull warning PSA

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
Ugh we just had this thread like 2 weeks ago I'm too tired to do it again you huge gaywads

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

The Sphinxster posted:

If she had read this thread she might have avoided the jackass that owned that dog and spared herself a mauling. If only.

this thread was created tod- i will not be trolled

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

pentyne posted:

is it pitbulls as a breed just have too much aggression, or the people who get pitbulls are generally morons and don't handle their dogs properly like playing keep away with a bone in their teeth?

why do these have to be mutually exclusive

Idiots get pitbulls.
Pitbulls were legit made for dogfighting/aggressive poo poo.

it creates a perfect storm and the never ending "it's the training" "they're naturally aggressive" argument is stupid as poo poo of course you can loving train a lion to most of the time be chill around kids but what the gently caress why would you have a lion jesus christ

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Actually having a lion around would be p cool

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

Scaramouche posted:

Actually having a lion around would be p cool

what pitbull owners actually believe

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

lol @ pitbull apologist scum

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
"If it had the proper training it wouldn't have murdered that daycare full of children"

when you hear that, it's just pitbull owners blaming the victim and admitting the murderdog's default state is murder (big surprise)

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

super nailgun posted:

lol @ pitbull apologist scum

pitbull killed my 40 year old family member

don't blame the pitbull tho a Chihuahua could have done this too

gently caress that bitch

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Redkist posted:

pitbull killed my 40 year old family member

don't blame the pitbull tho a Chihuahua could have done this too

gently caress that bitch

i'm glad your weak, hateful aunt was murdered by a kill dog

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Superconsndar posted:

Ugh we just had this thread like 2 weeks ago I'm too tired to do it again you huge gaywads

if you have to get a pitbull, please get it circumsized and let it eat hotdogs with ketchup. also if you pay for it remember to tip the previous owner

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

Aesop Poprock posted:

i'm glad your weak, hateful aunt was murdered by a kill dog

what are you talking about

tcc's over there

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
In the video in the OP they just throw all the food on the floor. They don't even pour it into bowls.

That's the kind of people that own pit bulls: the kind of people that just throw dry dog food all over the floor.

Trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
by the way aesop i was refering the vid posted

http://www.wptv.com/news/national/edward-cahill-indiana-man-killed-by-pit-bull-coroner-confirms

read the thread

• Locked thread