Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah let's legislate what dog you can have that's a great use of time and money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Sphinxster posted:

I remember all the posts that said this as well

drat if it was a big thread I wouldn't have even read it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

True fact: pit bulls used to be called nanny dogs

Speculation: the people who "identify" mean dogs as pit bulls are the same people who identify every rifle as an AK47

Still wouldn't get one, I'd probably get a bull terrier or a Rhodesian or something

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Or do, as long as it reinforces what you want to believe.

OK then I'm not gonna cry about it

I just don't trust the media not to try to grab some bucks off dog attacks either

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

How about we just say any dog that sort of resembles a pit bull by the loosest definition?

Would that defeat your "there's no such thing as an assault rifle" inbred hillbilly logic?

Lol what?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Human Crouton posted:

I never heard the nanny dog thing until now, but anybody who believes it is an idiot.

"This pup looks like it has potential to be good at changing diapers. Maybe we should breed it with another pup that shows potential in feeding and burping children."

Really? Some people think that there was ever a group of people who decided to leave all of their children in the village surrounded by dogs while they went and foraged berries instead of just leaving two women and one man with a spear behind? loving retards.

Yes the name nanny dog would of course mean the dogs were literal nannies

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Human Crouton posted:

So it was called the nanny dog for what reason then?

drat you're right, I guess it was because they change diapers

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mr. Stingly posted:

It can't be a coincidence that the rise in boutiquing dog ownership and tattoos occurred at the same time. It's really good proof that at best most people are parrots or parakeets, and mimic what they see other people doing. The problem is that dogs are annoying as gently caress and now every god drat rear end in a top hat has to have a dog. HAS TO. I need a dog yo. People gotta know I'm established, I've made it. I'm the king of a castle. This my guard dog for my Visio flat screen and Playstation Triple. I'm a big boy, I wear big boy pants.

Stop buying dogs. When the poo poo hits the fan and you're the first to hit it, your stupid dog will go feral and join a giant pack of man-eaters the survivors will have to deal with.

Even bigger nerds than I thought

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If someone could breed a dog where the jaw literally locked I wouldn't even be mad, just impressed

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

Or if it was able to unhinge its jaw and swallow things much larger than itself.

Every dog's dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I like rhodesian ridgebacks. They fought lions. Helldump Hint: if you search long enough you can find pictures of me when I was the size of a small beef cow showing rhodesian ridgebacks in the junior division.

My uncle had a Rhodesian and it was a really great dog

Still had the same problems all big dogs have with arthritis and poo poo though

• Locked thread