Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
One one hand, I believe that there is a lot of media bias towards reporting pitbull attacks, etc.

But on the other hand, my one experience with a pitbull owner involved a lot of circular logic.

"My pitbull is harmless and friendly!"

"She growled at me."

"Well, that was because you were acting the wrong way. Don't act nervous."

Kind of a "no true Scotsman" fallacy: the dog acts friendly to people who aren't nervous, and if the dog gets mad at you, that is just proof that you are nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

in case anyone wants to see what was there pre-edit

I actually know a black guy who married a Scotsman, and they seem to have a very happy marriage!

Serious response: actually, this is more about pitbull owners than the dogs. I am not a dog psychologist, so I don't know about breed predisposition. But I do know that my one close encounter with pitbull owners was pretty f'ed up. They seemed to believe that it was other people's job to adjust to their perfect doggy, and that any problems their dog caused was because other people around them were magically not heeding the dog's wishes.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

TEAYCHES posted:

what do goosn think about ppl who circumcise their pitbulls?? do they deserve a tip??

what if the pitbull has downs, is abortion ok

Doobie's Doghouse decides to make its name literal, trains a pitbull with a cart to pull trays out to customers.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

new doobies doghouse location is inside a dog we found off the interstate

cheap rent and free meat

IDF trains pitbulls to "search" and intimidate Palestinian schoolchildren.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Thing I didn't actually math but noticed when looking over those figures:

Southern and southernish states seem to be disproportionately represented. In 2014, of the 32 fatal attacks, 18 of them occurred in southern states. (Counting Florida, Texas and Missouri as Southern states).

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Everyday Lurker posted:

Golden Retrievers are the middle-class white males of the canine world.

I can imagine Golden Retrievers being really happy about going to Olive Garden and getting unlimited bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
Canine Biodiversity.

• Locked thread