Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

The Human Crouton posted:

It's absurd how people think that adopting a living liability makes them more conducive to success. I'm apartment hunting right now, and my biggest challenge is finding a place that doesn't allow dogs because every loser in the world has to loving own one now. You live in an apartment you assholes. Why are you getting a dog when you can't even afford the house with a yard for it to run around and be a dog in.

Basically, if you have to walk your dog then you shouldn't have a dog.

Ugh, and those assholes refuse to treat their animals. My roommates have a cat that stays in their room and we are still dealing with fleas because the complex and rear end in a top hat neighbors refused to treat the grounds and their animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

radiatinglines posted:

If someone could breed a dog where the jaw literally locked I wouldn't even be mad, just impressed

Or if it was able to unhinge its jaw and swallow things much larger than itself.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Superconsndar posted:

"lol raising your own food is creepy" *heaves 5th mcdouble into mouth*

I don't disagree with your point, but I do think ascribing names to animals that you plan to slaughter is a little counter-intuitive.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Superconsndar posted:

why

I could ascribe it a number instead but like a name works just as well

I don't really know any farmers that dont name at least some of their animals tbh

Because attaching a name to something makes it difficult to kill said thing? I don't know, that's just my assumption, my grandparents had no animals and just grew daylilies on their farm.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014
Obviously the animal does not give a poo poo about its name, I just thought it was a part of some bonding process or whatever that would make it more difficult to slaughter in the future. IDK.

• Locked thread