Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:stare:

I want to know what Singaporean Bandit Keith sounds like, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Holy poo poo, is that Yugi's mom?

No that's his grandpa's paramour.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm watching this on netflix now.

Holy poo poo, I never realized kaiba is voiced by Brock

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 15, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

mabels big day posted:

Pegasus is voice by James from team rocket.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 16, 2015

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

:stare:

I want to know what Singaporean Bandit Keith sounds like, now.

I looked, but I haven't been able to find any clips with him in it. But I did manage to find this

edit: And this.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 15, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nyaa posted:

James is also Brock, actually.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

James is also Brock, actually.

This is too much.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nyaa posted:

??? The three dub voices for James voiced Bakura/Bandit Keith/Chumley/Jack Atlas (Ted Lewis), Kaiba/Kemo (Eric Stuart), and Weevil (Jimmy Zoppo) respectively. The Japanese voice wasn't in Yu-Gi-Oh at all...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
whoa the voice actor for Kaiba has a bunch of CD's, that owns.

tho he opened for Jethro toll once, that takes away a bunch of ownage

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Speaking of Pokemon voice actors in Yugioh,Japanese Yami Bakura is Ash.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 15, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

God drat. :stare:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

why is Yugi so short?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I love how petty Kaiba was about the naming and ranking for each of the dorms of GX. :allears:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Regalingualius posted:

I love how petty Kaiba was about the naming and ranking for each of the dorms of GX. :allears:

Wait. Kaiba shows up in GX? Any other cameos in the other serieseseseses?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The backstory is that Duel Academy was founded by Kaiba (hence the dorm names), but I think he does show up for a cameo at some point, too.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well, he founded Duel Academy, which is what Regalingualius was referring to. He does make one cameo in season 2. Nothing after GX, though.

E: And once in season 1 if you count Kaibaman (always count Kaibaman).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't forget Kaibaman

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

poo poo you people post fast.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welcome, to the Thunderdome, bitch.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

is there any basis for the things that some monsters do in the anime for what actually happens in the card game? I already know the answer to that but

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When you get to Battle City, yeah. Prior to that? No.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I remember being really annoyed at GX because they couldn't seem to figure out if something had a SPECIAL ABILITY or a SUPER POWER, even within singular episodes. Some cards would have special abilities, others would have super powers, I don't know the difference.

I only remember this because this thread made me go watch the season one Chazz vs. Jaden match to hear them chazz it up.

How did anyone think that sounded good.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

When you get to Battle City, yeah. Prior to that? No.

Excuse me.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_the_Moon!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lets not forget.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Makiu,_the_Magical_Mist

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I remember watching the anime when I was like 13 and being disappointed that I couldn't pull off the giant flying zombie castle bullshit with my actual cards.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope one day to be Maxamillion Pegasus

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

no loving way

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
whoops quoted the wrong post, but whatever, lol that they created a card based off attacking the moon

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yugi doesn't stand a ghost of a chance.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

mabels big day posted:

I'm watching this on netflix now.

Nyaa posted:

4kids only has like, five voice actors that they endlessly recycle between all of their shows.

What's REALLY great is that all of 4kids regular VAs were hired as voice actors for Valkyrie Profile. It was totally great playing that, and getting to a big dramatic scene, and suddenly hearing Ash's voice come out of someone.

Regalingualius posted:

The backstory is that Duel Academy was founded by Kaiba (hence the dorm names), but I think he does show up for a cameo at some point, too.
That's only in the dub, interestingly enough. In the original Japanese it was founded by this geezer: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Kagemaru

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dexie posted:

That's only in the dub, interestingly enough. In the original Japanese it was founded by this geezer: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Kagemaru

Man, the dub is so much better than the original.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Pre Battle City they where allowed to summon 5+ stars without sacrifice to their hearts desire iirc.

It's amazing how little difference there is between Kaiba, and Abridged Kaiba in general.
He is just an allround dick with a fetish for the Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

4kids only has like, five voice actors that they endlessly recycle between all of their shows.

Well, they're not really owned by the company or anything. It's just that 4K is one of the few noteworthy companies in New York that hire voice actors, ever since other NY dubbing companies like Media Blasters and NYAV shut down. It's pretty much just them and Pokemon USA.

Also, since a lot of New York voice actors like Eric Stuart and Dan Green have either retired or just aren't doing as much voice work anymore, more and more roles are being given to new talent. All of the Arc-V dub VAs that have so far been announced are relatively new.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I really hope Dan Green comes back for the new movie.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

I really hope Dan Green comes back for the new movie.

He probably will. he still does voice work (his latest Yugioh role was apparently this guy in Zexal. Voice acting just isn't as big a thing for a lot of the older VAs anymore. Eric Stuart is busy with his music career, and Dan has kids to take care of.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

So which Yugioh protagonist has the stupidest hair?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

the wildest rear end posted:

So which Yugioh protagonist has the stupidest hair?

Yuma

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Pics, or gtfo.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That's the Zexal one, right? I did think that his hair was particularly dumb when I saw a picture of him

e:

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Pics, or gtfo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Zedd posted:

Pre Battle City they where allowed to summon 5+ stars without sacrifice to their hearts desire iirc.

It's amazing how little difference there is between Kaiba, and Abridged Kaiba in general.
He is just an allround dick with a fetish for the Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Kaiba created an entire amusement park just to kill Yugi and his friends with high stakes, life or deathshadow realm laser tag. He is undeniably the greatest character in the franchise.