Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

At what point in the anime (if ever) do characters stop normal summoning monsters in face-up defense position?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Silento posted:

Yeah, seriously. Shivers kid is dumb. It's nowhere near a big enough deal to actually affect my enjoyment of the show though, so whatever.

The archetype he uses is completely amazing, but we probably won't get to see any more of it because of how he got chumped off-screen.

lovely Crayon Drawings of Dinosaurs is already a top-tier deck in my heart.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The only thing that fusion needs to catch up to synchro and xyz are "generics". As it stands, just about any deck can xyz summon, and any deck can add a tuner monster and start synchro summoning, but there are no fusion monsters that are just "1 LIGHT monster + 1 EARTH monster" or along those lines so you can start fusion summoning like Yuya and Yuzu did - just by slapping Polymerization in your deck.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

then what am i running in my skull servant deck

Okay yes these are good. More like this.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

As long as you're running random fusions in your extra deck for Nurse Burn, you may as well run this thing to poo poo on Cyber Dragons when they show up. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chimeratech_Fortress_Dragon

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Normal Monsters just have two basic conditions: A yellow background and flavor text. They can be tuners and they can be pendulums with pendulum effects but as long as they have that yellow background and goofy-rear end lore they can beat up some chump dragon.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Well, it's part of the card's effect to be treated as a normal monster while on the field or in the graveyard, so it would just be an effect monster in your hand or deck.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Double Summon is okay with... Gadgets? Do people still play those?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I know everyone always recommends the episode where Jack tries to get a job, but I'd also like to recommend epidode 76, in which Jack tries to be Batman. It might be my favourite episode in the series.

Jack in general is a really fun character. He can't show up in Arc-V soon enough!

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Shingo "Silvio" Neo New Sawatari DX

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Mormonism

The idea that anyone can be a millionaire if they work hard enough

Slenderman

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Onmi posted:

Fudo solitaire theory is real

I seriously can't wait for this structure deck to come out so I can practice Maxx C Challenge with physical cards.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I hope everyone in this thread grows up to be an anime grandma or grandpa punkin' brats at locals.

I know I will.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I really love that there are archetypes that are just "Airplanes" and "Trains". Shame there are no synchro trains, though. Would've been thematically perfect.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

It's a lot easier to draw the parallel between Yuzu & Serena, what with having "Singing" and "Dancing" as respective themes. Not sure where you'd go from there though. Maybe Rin plays Symphonic Warriors and the Xyz counterpart whose name I forget plays Djinns?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I just realized the new Speedroids have synergy with the GX-era Vehicroids. You could run Power Bond and bring out Barbaroid, the Ultimate Battle Machine for a 10k atk, double attacking, effect negating OTK machine. You could do this pretty easily with how much Speedroids recycle and search themselves.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Any deck that isn't about summoning the biggest, baddest dragon is degenerate garbage and belongs in the trash.

I'll make an exception for decks that are about summoning cool powerful wizards.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

everythingWasBees posted:

What about giant demon kings.

Demons are BASICALLY dragons, if you think about it.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

So this was probably the best episode so far this season, right?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

That flavor text is really, really bad. This lore is awful. Send it back.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I mean, it's real bad and gross, but you're not gonna bring feminism to Japan by getting mad about a children's card game. I don't even know if this is reflective of Japanese attitudes towards women in the military, or just a particularly lovely lore writer.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Marik vs Pegasus VA duel if you're like me and missed the stream.

It was everything I hoped it would be.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Toto is Blade Wolf now.

This is lore I can get behind.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

That reminds me, didn't Crow accel synchro this episode with no fanfare? Synchro tuner + 2 non-tuner synchro monsters is, like, Quasar-level synchro-summoning and they barely drew attention to it.

Or are we at the point in the show where Super Saiyan 2 just isn't a big deal anymore

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfDZjxFjvD0

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The translation I saw made it unclear, but Sawatari's monsters had their effects changed to automatically chain when their levels changed, which would allow Yugo to chain Clear Wing's effect. The part where he cheated was in destroying both monsters at once, which isn't something Clear Wing can do.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Would it have killed them to at least draw something? Some old clips and some still images on a denim background could be thrown together by any teen with windows movie maker. Hell, the teen would have spliced it together less awkwardly.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

OCG still has Shock Master and Rafflesia, and the Clownblade core was practically untouched by the list, while Nekroz, Heroes, Atlanteans, Tellars and Pendulum Magicians took a hit.

R4 is as strong, if not stronger than it was before.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Shun isn't allowed to lose until he's dueling Crow. Bird Battle is his destiny.

I kind of love Shun, actually. Almost every time he's on screen he does something stupid, in a "this is what a 13yo thinks is badass" kind of way. He's Shadow the Hedgehog and I can not stop laughing at his antics.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I hope Yuto and Ruri get equally grimxblack surnames. An entire dimension of edgelord teens... This is what ygo is all about.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Imagine living in a world where the 4kids dub preserved the name Jonouchi Katsuya.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Dexie posted:

Invisible guns and the Shadow Realm.

Funnier and way more memorable than the alternatives.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'd say smart money is, if they do it at all, Zane and Crowler. Both would fit right in with Academia, and Cyber Dragons have withstood the test of time about as well as Blackwings did. With a little more support (read: quicker, more reliable means to go into Infinity) they could be a realistic threat.

Slur posted:

GX was bad. Please stop wishing for bad things.

Nah.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Joey and Mai would be pretty good additions to the cast. I can't really see Kaiba being in this though, unless they wanted to go full-ham with movie promotion.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man, Sergey loves life point costs a little too much.

edit: nevermind, Sergey is the loving best character on the show.

Yeah holy poo poo. I went in to this expecting him to just be a generic filler villain but he's really something special.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

You're all pretty good.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Selena beats Yugo, loses to Sergei. Crow beats Shun, loses to Yuya. Sergei loses to Yuya. Yuya vs Jack gets interrupted.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I love both of these lovely bird_idiots but I hope Crow wins if for no reason other than so he can lose so much harder to Yuya in the next round. Then Shun can keep being bitter and angry until the next season, where he's a villain temporarily and has to be put down.

Also calling it now: Crow gets carded before the season is up.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Hype for Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.

In two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Wasn't that just because Sawatari rigged it?

They dropped Sawatari as a character that mattered pretty quickly, huh