Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

/\/\/\ Hangin' out with tha CREW in the SCHOOLyard~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Running off into the desert with their cat, ghost professor, and God that lives in their brain?

With insecure girl character stammering "I love you", but stopping mid sentence and forming another sentence, and main character consoling her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

So I've watched the first 4 episodes of ZEXAL, and the tomato and dog episodes. I've concluded the following:
- The dub theme song is impressively worse than the 5D's theme song due solely to the singing.
- Total number of times I audibly mumbled "what in the gently caress..." or equivalent: 31.
- It really is difficult to describe how and why this show is bad, it just is. All hyperbole for this series is well deserved.
- The hero of this show are the automated cleaning robots that threw Yuma's cards then Yuma himself in the trash and make snide comments at him.

Nuff of that. Onwards to Arc-V!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Red Suit posted:

Is Zexal good to watch ironically with a buddy while getting stoned?

tomato episode (30) is for sure

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

The fact that Yuya has a fireman pole in his house single-handidly makes Arc-V better than ZEXAL.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Holy poo poo.

I just realized everything in Yu-Gi-Oh! makes sense if you assume every character can't read and is colorblind.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

They way they can string along a plot where a mystery not-Yuya with clearly different hair attacks and everyone thinks it's Yuya: colorblind

The way everyone is surprised when cards are played from the graveyard: can't read

The reason why everyone has stupid as gently caress hair and clothing: colorblind

The reason why no one knows the rules of the game: can't read

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Even the overarching plots:

Ancient Egyptian magic gets out of control: can't read

Weird space alien waifu and darkness attack: colorblind

Messed up experiment blowing up the city 2 times and ending humanity: can't read

Aforementioned inability to differentiate between red/green haired Yuya and dark blue surly Yuya: colorblind

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Almost caught up with Arc-V (41) and the MILF sub-theme is the 2nd best thing about this series, 1st being the aforementioned fireman pole.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

what's the episode of gx season 4 where Judai gets stoned?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Uh...

YGOTAS Episode 64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MomLFmCUBxk

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

If they make all the clothing swapping as confusing as possible I will love this show forever.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

I started watching the newest ygo show (having only watched original and gx before) and it's pretty alright, except for the opening theme, which is crap, and the design of the odd eyes dragon, which might just be the ugliest dragon I've ever seen. Also action duels are retarded.

Action duels were a brilliant way to bring to show back to its roots, where no one, including the audience and the characters that invented the game, knows the rules of the game.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

aww why isnt it arc funf

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Why is Yuya's hair a slightly different colour?

Anime version of white/gold vs blue/black incoming

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Yuzu still struggling to tell the Yuyas apart while everyone can immediately (and sometimes from a far distance) recognize that it's her just with different clothing :laffo: this is the best show

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I guess they all by default assume it's the person from their own dimension, but it was still funny to see the little psychic girl immediately recognize Yuzu through the "disguise"

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm at Episode 115 of Zexal and this show still loving sucks. Why the hell are they just now dropping a backstory for Heartland? Why do all of his buddies suck? Why the gently caress is Vector even considered a threat anymore when more than half of his plans get hosed and he lost to Yuma already? The Barians being humans would be cool if Alito and Girag weren't the only ones anyone cared about and Girag's backstory wasn't such a joke. Why did Abyss have Shark's hair for a beard?

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY loving VOICE FILTERS? Oh my god... I can barely hear the actual voice of the characters half of the time because if anything is a Barian they have such egregious voice filters that make it hard to decipher which part of the voice is the voice and not the echo. I watched an episode of the Japanese version for reference and it's nowhere near as bad. Yuma's English voice is still terrible, this voice was never meant for serious scenes and being cool. Number 96 was cool for a while then he got buff and punked by Astral and just sort of declined from there. This show has such awful villains because they're either Dr. Faker and Vetrix or they're not even threatening anymore because they get beaten so quickly (The Barians). I think the only Barians who haven't been beaten yet are Dumon and Mizar and they both suck.

Oh and Utopia is still the most boring signature monster in the series, why does he win every duel? There are like three duels Yuma's won with not Utopia and I don't even want to count his win with Black Ray Lancer because Utopia was still involved in the victory. ...So that's my Zexal update.

You're doing a great service. :patriot:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

paradoxGentleman posted:

It's interesting that you especially hate Zexal II, because most Zexal fans insist that while the first one is a slog the second one is much better.

These sound like the same people that tell you to skip the tomato episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Gongenzaka's detective moustache is GAS.