Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

I have to wonder: Would it be possible to make a deck focused around inflicting an OTK on yourself?

Yugioh matches in tournaments are best 2-out-3, so the gimmick was you'd win the first match, sidedeck in this bad boy, and then just make every match afterwards a tie until you hit whatever time limit the tournament had. Since you're 1-0 at the end of the time limit, you win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

It also throws characters from every series at you, which is fun fanservice, even if the AI partner is pretty dumb sometimes. Please stop sacrificing your Blue-Eyes just summon another Blue-Eyes goddammit, Kaiba.
make yugi your partner and see if he just raw attacks giant soldier of stone into stuff it has no chance of beating

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also if a card exists, you can come up with some moronic gimmick to make it work. doesn't matter what it is.

you might not win a *ton*, but you'll at least win some.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ojama's is the actual rear end in a top hat deck

duston is cool too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did you try running it as admin

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i love it when new archetypes make random worthless cards from ten years ago suddenly relevant.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I guess if they're keeping all the Yu names the same it makes sense for his parents to have Japanese names too? It'd be weird for Shaun and Coco to have a kid named Yuya.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

basically the best chazz would be inbetween the manga and anime

a guy who's a complete goon but does get his cool moments

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You're forgetting the most shocking part of that episode. One of Reiji's elite LDS mooks uses a Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth. If that is supposed to be the deck of apparently one of the best duelists in the dimension then Academia deserves to burn Standard to the ground imo.
Hey, Weevil was national champion! :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

"Must be fusion summoned," meaning you can fusion it the standard ways, "OR special summoned by..." meaning you can do it that way too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Basically, it prevents you from using stuff like Magical Scientist on it, since those special summon from the fusion deck, but you can still do standard fusion summons.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you play more cards from the graveyard than from your hand

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

how does it feel uncertain? If anything, the fact that things are automated (in devpro anyway) makes things *more* certain.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cut off your hands, play with your feet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'This is a universe where synchro fusion has been fully realized!

Also the nazis won world war 2."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

her archetype doesnt exist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Talaya says 'can't be destroyed,' not 'can't be targeted.' So, for instance, Brain Control or Enemy Controller would break that lock. Also, they can't be destroyed by battle, but you still take battle damage as normal. You could simply summon a monster that's too big for them to deal with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lava golem is the cause, and solution, to all of life's problems

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah there's no way they don't pump out some Dark Magician/Blue Eyes support for that movie. They can do the usual 'come to the movie, get your choice of a yugi card or a kaiba card' promotion, sell some booster packs, probably make the umpteenth Yugi vs Kaiba starter set.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Momomo posted:

The way they release these cards seems really odd to me. Is it less about pulling people in that remember the show, and more about them just being new cards? Cause I can't imagine kids today would really know what stuff like Hermos and Critias even are. Hell, by the time they showed up, I stopped paying much attention to the show anyway.
yeah, these cards are targeted at nostalgic nerds and competitive players who don't care about the show.

the kid-focused cards are the ones that are being shown in arc-v at the moment.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the real question is what the gently caress happened to Arkana's copy of dark magician

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's like joey is the only person who realized 'oh poo poo, I can *use* these cards im getting'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

When did Yugi have a dragon?
Blackland Firedragon, Cursed Dragon, Winged Dragon Guardian of the Fortress #1, Koumori Dragon...

the one in that image is Gandora the Dragon of Destruction though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

skull servant
skull servant
skull servant
skull servant

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for real though skull servant is a pretty easy to understand archetype. you dump skull servants into the graveyard and make 3 dudes with 4000 attack. i can post my deck list if you want me to, it's got some pretty simple combos that work well

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah saying skull servant four times is a joke but skull servant is definitely good for one of them

anyway here's a deck list, i haven't updated it in a bit but it won games on devpro which is what you're building up to:

3x skull servant (cause you need skull servants)
2x mathemetician (specific milling)
1x kuribandit (good milling, grabs you a spell)
3x tour guide from the underworld (for combo with scarm)
3x scarm, malebranch of the burning abyss (for combo with tour guide)
3x lady in wight (cause you need skull servants)
2x wightmare (cause you need skull servants, counters 'remove from play')
2x rainbow kuriboh (stalling)
3x wightprince (cause you need skull servants, also he can insta summon king)
3x king of the skull servants (duh)
1x allure of darkness (duh)
2x book of life (more king revival)
1x one for one (pull out king instantly)
1x dark hole (just cause)
1x dragon's mirror (weed shall see)
1x miracle dig (more banish countering)
1x foolish burial (duh)
3x mystical space typhoon (why not)
1x dark world dealings (hey it's card draw, and discarding a card can start your combos)
1x raigeki (why not)
3x fiendish chain (because why not)

extra:

1x dragonecro nethersoul dragon (dragon's mirror)
1x first of dragons (dragon's mirror)
1x number 30 acid golem (scarm/tour)
1x number 13 leviathan dragon (scarm/tour)
2x ghostrick alucard (scarm/tour)
1x leviair sea dragon (scarm/tour)
1x mechquipped angineer (scarm/tour)
1x wind-up zenmaines (scarm/tour)
2x dante, traveler of the burning abyss (scarm/tour)
1x mira the giant star (so many level ones, might as well use them)
1x baby tiragon (level 1s)
1x number 39: utopia roots (level 1s)
1x slacker magician (level 1s)

the king combos are obvious so im gonna focus on scarm/tour

tour summons scarm and negates his self-destruct, scarm summons tour when it's sent to the graveyard (including when its removed as xyz material) so it's a self-perpetuating xyz machine for a few turns. the dantes are the main focus of this endeavor, but alucard and acid golem can put in work once in a blue moon. the rest mostly exist to give you options.

i fully encourage whoever you wind up giving skull servants to to experiment with this. there's tons of kit out there for skulls: unizombie and some synchro cards, for instance. zombie master. mezuki. lavalval chain. there are options, and some cards in this deck probably aren't ideal (rainbow kuriboh???) this is just a core deck with an easy to understand combo that nontheless makes you feel like a clever motherfucker when you do it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HIJK posted:

How do you make combos work when you're dependent on the deck spitting out the right cards? What do you do when your opponent makes you toss out your entire hand (provided it had your combo ready to go inside it?)

This has bugged me for ten years goddammit.
this is why milling and searching exists

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

My god that card is perfect.
it wasn't printed when i made the deck so don't look at me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lady ninja yae's outfit is okay, but i have no idea what the gently caress pose she's making

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best burn deck gimmick is giving cards to your opponent

acid golem, lava golem, satan claus

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Try a normal pendulum deck if you wanna get used to Pendulums. It's a super simple deck with a strategy reminiscent of OG yugioh. You summon big normal monsters, you hit people's faces with them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

So has anyone been able to make an Earthbound Immortals deck work yet? That's been my white whale lately. My first thought was frog mill, but it wasn't consistent enough. Then I just tried to play straight Earthbound Immortals support cards and that was even worse.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it took me two days to get up to speed. here's what you do:

skim the yugioh wiki

look up decklists for the archetypes you want to play

play ygopro/devpro/dn

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

VJeff posted:

I'd more think it's never coming cause it's OP as poo poo.
Eh. Noden is busted, but they can just ban him. None of the others seem all that dominating.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

gently caress Qliphorts.
can i gently caress harpies instead

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A few gimmicks run more than 40 cards but not many.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sure, I'd be down for that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looking forward to drafting slifer and having him sitting around being useles

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

Is Axe of Despair as splashable as it seems?
kinda. most equip cards are pretty splashable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pyrotoad posted:

I'm about to get started with 5Ds, does it do the AKIRA bike slide at all? It better :colbert:
Jack does it a couple of times. and I think Yuusei does it before his showdown with the final boss of the first arc.