Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I remember playing the Japanese version of the GHA game. The AI outright cheated with their best combo in their starting hand. Kaiba have cyber Stein, megamorph, raigeki, and HFD to one turn kill me. It's very satisfiying to beat that hand though.

Thankfully, the English version got rid of the cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

SpazmasterX posted:

I don't see how cards and things like specific summon methods can just be unknown. :v:
Summon method is like a weird magic/science thing that need to be discovered with science, magic, or Heart(?).

The normal summon cards are basically made by Pegasus redrawing ancient Egyptian stone monster with his magic eye.

Jaden get his Neo sapient cards by contacting dolphin-man/ultraman alien that was also made by Pegasus.

Syncro summon's discovery somehow lead to MOMENTUM technology that is powerful enough to power/destroy the world.

Pendulum summon is still a mystery for now.

Edit : I think this is magic utilize via technology. Like a phone app that let you cast fire except in card form.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 15, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

AlternateNu posted:

It's Shin Megami Tensei is what you're saying.
... Yes, but as a children card game.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 15, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

mabels big day posted:

Holy poo poo, I never realized kaiba is voiced by Brock
Pegasus is voice by James from team rocket.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 16, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They just spontaneously materialise there when you fuse two plot-appropriate monsters. :colbert:
This is apparently legal and not considered cheating. I recall some even materialize right in the hand with the opponent watching. :pseudo:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Kurtofan posted:

Holy poo poo, that's also the case in the French dub.

Edit: wait no, he voiced Tristan.
I got that wrong, yea.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

They are more tribute/sacrifice special summon than fusion.

Edit: now that I think about it, fusion is the nicest summon method for the monster involved. Unless it turn them into something terrible.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 16, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I hope Yuya start riding bike when he fuse with his synchro version.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Both of those ritual monsters aren't really broken at all with those summoning requirement. You need 5 cards in the right place and the right conditions to summon it and their field wipe effect also mess you up. It's harder to summon than Egyptian God cards and you are left with about 0-2 cards in your hand + this monster in the field. Not to mention if your ritual getting negated and you still need to pay the cost of three monsters. There are ritual support cards that make this whole process easier, but not by much unless I missed something.

I like the gimmick of ritual is basically super hard to summon but come with really powerful effects.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I think you will have better luck and safer with synchro summon using a bunch of 4+4 level than having a bunch of level 8 in your hand.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The gba / nds game usually have a plot where you are a new character in the series' story and slightly changed the plot so you get to participate in all the important duel. Their tutorial are great and duel puzzle are challanging.

PSP version are usually plotless pick someone to duel with a little relationship sim. Better animation and graphic though.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Quincytbb posted:

The Pharaoh's first turn is Pot of Greed and Graceful Charity :allears: this is amazing.
Yeah, it's nice to see these banned cards being played after so long and to make up for his other memorable but weak cards in his deck against a modern xyz deck. :allears:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Xexal is the worst of the series. Arc V is arguably the best of the series for its competent and interesting characters.

Endorph posted:

one thing i have heard about arc-v: the female lead actually gets to duel

is this true or no
Yes, and they get actual improvement in skill and character development.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Endorph posted:

are we sure this is yugioh
I don't really like her though, if that help.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Just out of curiosity, what is it that you don't like about her? She's not my favorite character but I kind of appreciate her.
She is going great now, but as Momomo said, for the first 28 episodes, she was stuck in this 'clueless character' archetype where she is trapped in her mental anguish of not able to figure out what the hell is going on with great frustration on herself. This gets repeated every time her bracelet shine to the boredom of the viewers after the xth time her bracelet shined. She can only sum up her observation of cause and effect such as "Yuya shows up every time my bracelet shine."

I think she also have trust issue because she declared to trust Yuya after seeing Yuto, but the next time her bracelet shine again and see Yuto, she gone back to doubting Yuya with much struggling and frustrations... For the third or fifth time.

I might had misremembered and exaggerated her characterization though.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It's pretty much the norm now to be able to summon a bunch of monster in one turn. Especially for rush archetype like x-saber and blackwing.

Pendulum is like an archetype itself that requires its archetype cards (pendulum monster) to work at its best, but it is a bit more compatible to combine it with other deck. You don't usually get a stronger deck as the result of mixing archetype, and only gain a lessen capabilities of both archtype. Mixing pendulum would make summoning much faster along with all the pendulum gimmicks. Assuming it is compatible.

Is it OP? I would say some focused archetype deck can do better in term of current meta, so... Not yet? :shrug:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I hate the timing mechanic so much. :argh:

Packing only counter trap makes my life easier though.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

VJeff posted:

Well, there is the Yugi/Kaiba movie next year.
I want to see Joey do xyz summon. :allears:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I installed devpro last night to play for the first time since zexal came out.

Opponent hit me with 3x mirror force, raigeki, :catstare:

I can't get rid of Pendulum monster, they keep coming back! :gonk:

It was pretty fun. Any viable build for counter trap deck?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mysticblade posted:

Don't think I've seen a counter trap deck in a while, but it should be possible for casual play. You looking at the Counter Trap Fairies?
Both counter fairy, dark counter, or a mix of them. Whichever works, but summoning van'dalgyon is the most fun part.

K. Flaps posted:

Hey bro, ever heard of motherfuckign Jinzo?
Not anti-trap deck. It's a trap type call Counter Trap.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

K. Flaps posted:

Hey bro, ever heard of motherfuckign Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord?
Yeah, at this point I think inserting three of these into some existing archetype that can accept counter trap cards only would be better. Voltanis is a bit annoying to summon and use.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Is the draft still happening tommorow at the same time? Are we using devpro?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The new time works for me. I would prefer to get the draft done long before the game, so we would have some time to think about how to use the deck.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Apparently my steam account does not meet the requirement to use the Open Group Chat feature. I will be in #adtrwdraft...

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

AlternateNu posted:

I find it hilarious that there is a severe lack of the LDS crew (Hokutou/Yaiba/Masumi), and yet Ninja dude is all over the place being generic as gently caress. :v:
It could have been the ritual girl if he didn't OTK her off-screen. :argh:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Slur posted:

It's 4 now. When the hell is this draft starting so I know when to prepare?
Game start on 9 at your time, which is 5 hours from now, but you should come in now or 1-2 hours early at #adtrwdraft, so we can build our deck asap.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Umm, how did I get there again? I don't think I've actually used that in my life.
Click on this link.

Fill in the box like this and click Connect.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Put me down as spare for any team with preference for team tribute.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Onmi posted:

I'm starting up a communal Google Doc and I want everyone who wants to play to post a good time for them

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bBgb7ABvA4e7cvcdgqaYrYYS8_Jz6HeEHA09cZ3nIXk/edit
You set it to view only.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Anyone have a devpro/ygopro save that have majority of the game's archetype/theme deck?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Endorph posted:

Googling got me this dropbox with a lot of random theme decks.
Wow, thanks! I will patch them up and save myself a lot of time.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 13, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Everyone forgot Thunder type. :saddowns:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I hope Yuya use smile world in every boss battle to ruin the villainous atmosphere. :allears:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Imagine really large monster like Earthbound have a mile wide happy face (n_n)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Slur posted:

When I think Boyle, I think of the skin condition.
I think of as an allusion to tomboy.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bloody Mary as ritual monster.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I would say less than ten times, but seeing it for the fifth time is repetitive enough with the exact same presentation. I was hoping his fusion with the other him can merge their personality to entertain people with a different style of demeanor.

Xyz: super cool and confident
Synchro: Bike acrobatics :gifttank:
Fusion: Daring antagonist heel

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

They are treating Ritual like History courses. :smith:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 27, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Momomo posted:

So of all the summoning types, is there any that comes out as the strongest? It's weird that fusion is apparently good these days, cause all I remember is never even touching it as a kid.
No, it's all determine by current meta/banlist and contemporary archetype. But all summoning type have at least a really strong archetype... Ignoring current banlist that might have ruin that archetype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Since we're talking Yu-gi-oh! lore, what's with all the magical pots with gross people faces
I think it's just a trend started by pot of greed and cyber jar in the anime that is named after their unique trademark effect and pot-face/jar design.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 29, 2015