Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nyaa posted:

Pegasus is voice by James from team rocket.

James is also Brock, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't forget Kaibaman

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welcome, to the Thunderdome, bitch.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When you get to Battle City, yeah. Prior to that? No.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

the wildest rear end posted:

So which Yugioh protagonist has the stupidest hair?

Yuma

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Devack threw a card at chains in 5Ds and shattered them with it, cards have the power to do anything.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I forgot about Kaiba's sparkly rear end blue coat that was also in Forbidden Memiries, that thing owned.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is an entire episode in the dub dedicated to fellating Dan Green's Dark Yugi voice and it is loving magical, that Japanese version's equivalent of that episode is nowhere near as good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ThermoPhysical posted:

Would that be the episode where the guy steaks Yugi's deck?

Yes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 18

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
5Ds is up

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would say 5Ds succeeds on its finale far more than YGO or GX.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's a lot of teasing that relationship throughout the whole series to the point where Leo and Luna are sarcastically commentating on how they're the third wheel on a date between the two of them and the last episode has Aki confessing her feelings and Yusei accepting them with a very obvious kiss cut. So yes, a Yugioh series had a canon girlfriend for the protagonist.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dabir posted:

Didn't they then immediately go their separate ways in the epilogue?

Literally everyone left Neo Domino City except for Yusei.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dipper

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watch them all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I bought a deck today, help

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
yugioh has infested every part of my body

it is eating away at my soul

help

help

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will... oh no... it's happening. I'm 12 again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was Saga of the Blue Eyes because I am in love with Seto Kaiba.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm up to 4 episodes of Arc-V and I love the designs of Stargazer and Timegazer magicians. Pendulum is a cool idea, but it seems really stupid in how much it can let you do, but hey I guess you actually need the cards to do it with first. I'm ready to see other people besides Yuya duel like Yuzu and Gongenzaka, but it's been fun so far.

Onmi posted:

That's because the dub doesn't have her theme which is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbQse2dOL0

This is one of the reasons you don't watch the 4Kids dub of 5Ds, the music is great.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 9, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am not very happy with Episode 7.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I liked that, the part I didn't like is the rest of the episode when I thought Yuzu was gonna duel and Sawatari just gets chumped on by this dude who just shows the gently caress up to show off his dumb cards that counter Sawatari's perfectly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It felt like I was watching a season 2 GX episode all over again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

everythingWasBees posted:

but that'll take years
can't i just have baal sub it for me

Buy the loving manga it's based on, it's better anyways.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnacondaHL posted:

Will the page 1 post on ZEXAL be some hyperbole one-liner THIS SUCKS DON'T WATCH THIS NO REALLY 4 REAL, or will there be an effort post detailing just how lovely the series is?

After I add Arc-V it'll be this

quote:

Reserved for ZEXAL

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh man, Arc-V has been rough for the past like... 10 episodes. Among the duels we don't need to see for Yuya to get in the tournament there are actual interesting things happening in the background that we barely get to see. Every duel goes exactly the same and the only people who aren't Yuya so far that have dueled in this little time frame are the LDS Students and they get what Sawatari got, an entire episode dedicated to them dominating the opponent and then the opponent pulls his bullshit win card because they are going to be more important than them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay that duel between Yuya and Gongenzaka was pretty great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol, eat poo poo Kachidoki.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I caught up with Arc-V and watched the first episode of Zexal and did not like it very much.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

Did you like it? Got some opinions? Thoughts? Theories?

After having caught up I have deduced that Arc-V is... very good. On top of the duels managing to evolve in interesting ways, the characters develop in fun ways as well. I especially like characters like Gongenzaka and Sawatari. Sawatari is especially great, because he is like the first rival character I have seen who adapts to his rival on both a dueling level and a showmanship level. The more he develops the more he becomes an entertainment duelist himself and it's loving great. His second duel with Yuya is fantastic and it was going between him and Gongenzaka as my favorite character for a while and that duel clutched it for him. I've grown to like the dimension stuff more than when I was first introduced to it. It brings an interesting way to not only still make older summoning methods relevant, but also allow new characters to be brought into the fold without a million years of build up. The Xyz characters feel alright for the most part, but I still feel Kurosaki being completely unflappable during his fight with Sora kinda sucked. I liked that duel, but coming off of Yuya vs Sawatari 2, it's just not as good.

Pendulum Monsters are cool, Superheavy Samurai are cool, Yuzu is cool, everyone at the Duel School is a lot of fun except Futoshi whose catchphrase I hate and blegh. I dunno how I feel about the current way the tournament is being handled, it feels like it's kind of a messy way to advance the plot, but I also am kind of tired of this tournament so yeah. I dunno it feels like the series is at a point where a million things can happen and if they happen in the right way I will love and if they happen the wrong way it becomes the second half of GX all over again for me.

Onmi posted:

I cannot convince someone to suffer through it for the benefit of others.

I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna watch Zexal.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also now that I've caught up I can finally make the Arc-V part of the OP.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Arc-V is up, get your computer ready for a million gifs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

If you are really going to watch Zexal, I suggest liveblogging it to get the snark out of your system. There's always a market for that sort of thing.

Oh I'm sure I will have words to say about considering the first episode alone made me go.

"Why do neither of Yuma's parents look like him?"
"Why is the first episode moving so fast?"
"Why do I need to feel the flow?"
"I still hate Xyz monsters."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kay Kessler posted:

I think that might be a consequence of being a English dub on broadcast TV. I think some scenes have to be sped up slightly because of the way commercials work differently here than in Japan.
I've started watching the dub too, coincidentally. My thoughts:

Yuma's voice is worse than the original, but he's somehow more tolerable by virtue of not spouting his stupid catchphrase literally every sentence.
I can't stop laughing every time Shark opens his mouth. His voice is so over the top.
The dub opening is a loving million times better than 5D's.

I hate the dub opening, like I legit almost stopped watching the episode entirely because I utterly despise the dub opening.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Kochidoki or whatever going "But don't XYZs get counted as lvl 0? :( " redeemed his whole character

I laughed at both this and him slapping Yuya's hand away, it's the funniest thing about that whole episode.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 16, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Give me more Hyper Drive, going fast makes me feel alive.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Look just give me more Raidraptor cards so I can gently caress my friend's Six Samurai deck with Rise Falcon, thanks Yugioh.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

Funny you should mention Jack, because he is in fact, the best example of this.

He is actually not good at all in English, the accent is not even funny bad and it's just a worse version of Ted Lewis' Bakura voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why the gently caress is Yuma actively ignoring advice? How is this making him a fun character in any way? The fact that the loving alien spirit creature actively finding a way around the idiocy of the main character so he doesn't die is an insane conflict point.