Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ninjewtsu posted:

This OP makes this show sound way better than what I remember, and also way better than the couple of episodes I just watched

I just watched the first two episodes of season 4, Yami duels some Orichalchos dude with a monocle. Is this show not for me or does that duel just suck and there's some better one I can check out to see if I still have any interest in watching dudes play collectible card games for the fate of their souls

You got the one filler arc in the entire series, and it's bad because they go beyond what is usual in making up poo poo for their card games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

I'd switch too in favor of a "basically cheating" theme.

Isn't that the entire point of Yugioh

Like, Series 1 was Pharoah found out he's been cheating since day 1 using his bullshit Egyptian powers to top-deck into anything

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kaiba aged very well in being a delightful toxic person with the best insults.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lowlight was all the sudden voice changes. Mai's voice in the Orichalchos arc was awful, I don't know why her replacement went full 1880's southern bell.

Highlight was Kaiba in the final episode against Zork, yelling that he's not afraid of holograms.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Joey wins like 90% of his games due to rng cards, it's only fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wasn't the ending implying kaiba committed spiritual suicide just so he duel atem