Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Several conclusions I've made from this episode.

1. Yuto was a pretty scary guy before he went all "I don't want to hurt anybody anymore." He's probably personally taken out a LOT of Fusion dudes.
2. Obelisk Force is literally just this side of actual cheating with that "oh it's only the second turn but I can attack" poo poo.
3. Dennis is almost definitely Yuri.
4. Serena's a tool.
5. Sora's gonna get OTK'd. Shun straight up told him to pick up an Action Card but he didn't and now he's gonna get destroyed by three 100 ATK monsters. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hmmm.

Now the question is, did she make that herself or is LeoCorp already shilling Yuya merchandise.

If it's the latter, I think there's a lot of Neo New Sawatari pillows gathering dust somewhere.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He's gonna use Magician of Destruction and Magician of Creation. Destruction's Pendulum effect turns an Xyz monster's rank into a level. Creation's makes one monster's level the same as another, so he'll Pendulum Summon OEPD and then make DRXD level 7 to overlay them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I run Naturias because the combination of terrifying negation and :3: as hell little disney animals and plants is just fantastic. But Konami has this weird habit of printing Naturia fusion monsters that are totally useless to the deck because of how stupidly hard they are to summon.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Do you run Amulet Dragon in a Blue-Eyes deck?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexie posted:

No? Why would you?

You run Amulet Dragon in a Dark Magician deck.

You're already running Dragon's Mirror... :shrug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

everythingWasBees posted:

Is Arc-V an alright starting point for someone who hasnt seen much since battle city?

Arc-V is alright for everything because Arc-V is amazing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Purely for the record, I use devpro and I'm happy with it.

Also, if those of you who know these things were gonna do it, how would you build a Naturia/Traptrix deck? All I can think of is Naturia Sacred Tree, lots of continuous traps and Magic Planter.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
http://ygorganization.com/summoners_art_reprint_when/

New Normal Pendulum archetype and new Red-Eyes cards.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Xoidanor posted:

I'm not quite sure I get how you're supposed to play that Normal Pendelum archetype. I mean I guess there is hearth of the underdog but Ignire Avenger is not really that great of a boss monster and all the individual monsters have really poor stats. :psyduck:

All I see is RotA-able scale 7.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Xoidanor posted:

You'd be a 1000 damage short of an OTK. :negative:

heh lookit this scrub not using United We Stand and Solidarity. HEH. :smug:

paradoxGentleman posted:

Thay depends. Do the monsters in the Pendulum zone count for the Kid's effect?

They're Continuous Spells when in the pendulum zone, so no.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Mar 5, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Xoidanor posted:

Now if only the cyberdarks could finally get some new support. :negative:

What possible support could there be to make those things good? Just do what Konami did, give up and embrace Cyber Dragons instead. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Endorph posted:

It'd be weird for Shaun and Coco to have a kid named Yuya.

Not when we find out Yuya and Yuzu are adopted! :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol why did nobody tell me Jinzo had gotten so loving awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft66NPCZDog

This is hilarious.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TheKingofSprings posted:

Aki says you better loving believe it

Croooooooooooooooooooooooooooow :argh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
At this point in 5D's, Aki was already starting to cede time to Crow, whereas Yuzu's plot importance is just going higher and higher, so you can probably rest somewhat easy.

There's also all that, y'know, cult crap that happened to 5D's that probably won't happen to Arc-V.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This is still going?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This show is so loving good. No Yu-Gi-Oh series was this good at utilizing all of their cast, hell most shonen in general aren't this good at it.

It's gonna suck so hard when the other shoe drops, 5D's style. :lol:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 10, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Speaking of that last part, I haven't watched the subs yet, but man will Yugo get a best buddy? Yuya's got Gongenzaka, Yuto had Shun and Yuri possibly has Dennis. The Synchro dimension has been pretty out-of-focus compared to everything else and that's kind of a shame since Synchro is cool.

Also, I read a translated Interview from the Arc V writers and apparently we're nearing the end of what they consider to be the end of Part 1 (out of 3) of the story. Which is supposed to be at the show's anniversary in April. If they do actually have the next few years or so planned out that's pretty crazy. 5D's fell apart once the first major story arc concluded but if the Arc V guys actually have at least a general idea of the entire story hopefully they'll be able to keep up the quality all the way through.

His best friend is his bike.

His Yuzu is his other bike.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Momomo posted:

So is Aster Phoenix always going to be this lame? He's in the opening now, so he's presumably gonna stay important for a while, and that kind of worries me. At least Zane didn't just copy someone else's deck.

Dinosaur guy is awesome though, hope he sticks around.

Edo is a principal character of that arc and a semi-permanent fixture after that. He gets pretty cool eventually.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I do like that Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon isn't stupidly hard to summon. Assuming everything gets ported 1:1, all you need is Creation/Destruction, two level 4s and Odd-Eyes. Odd-Eyes' Pendulum effect greases the wheels of that combo a little bit itself. For an Xyz monster that needs another Xyz as material, it's pretty simple to summon, but it still takes effort and a deck fairly dedicated to the task of summoning it, so the payoff feels fair.

What worries me is Magician of Destruction's effect. Freely giving Xyz monsters levels seems like it could cause. Unforseen complications.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Isn't that technically a two card combo? Seems like you need both Diva and Moulinglacia in hand to make it work.

Pretty crazy once it gets going, though. I'd think Galaxy Rulers would work just as well, though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah if you wanna get an idea of what the rest of part 1 is gonna be like, go check the Yu-Gi-Oh wikia. There's some episode previews for 47-50 up and there's a few bombs dropped in there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Every time an Xyz monster gained the materials of the card it was overlayed on to it, it was because of a card effect, the effect of the card being summoned, the effect of the Rank Up Magic, etc. etc. If you gave an Xyz monster a level and used it as Xyz material, its materials would go to the graveyard because there's no effect keeping them attached.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

paradoxGentleman posted:

...Arc-Five? I have been pronouncing it Arc-V in my idea this entire time.
edit: which is duobly stupid, since in the previews it's always called Arc-Five.

1) It's the fifth series in the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise.
2) The shape of a pendulum's arc makes a stylized V, similar to the one in the title.
3) Artic + Uno, Zap + Dos, Molt + Tres
4) Mozart Is Still Alive

Oh that Flame Eater effect is just cheeky as poo poo.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 12, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, it doesn't count as a "card on the field" once it becomes an Xyz material. I'm pretty sure it's the same reason Pendulums go to the grave instead of the extra deck when used as Xyz material.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ha Ha! I have destroyed your field and your hand! YOU'RE FINISHED!

wait why did you just mill blaster and two eclipse wyverns

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexie posted:

why did you send those shaddolls

or burning abyss

etc.

The game is too drat graveyard oriented in modern YGO for Crush Card to be too useful. It's a side deck card at best, and even then it's still subpar.

lol Crush Card on Shaddolls

It might actually be okay against Qlis, I guess?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The more I think about it, yes, Crush Card would be a good way to nuke a Qli deck's field before they shove Towers or Skybase up your rear end.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hahahahaha oh god and they can tribute Shadow Mist.

Best combo ever.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's not that I'm butthurt about Stratos being banned, it's that I'm butthurt about him NOT being banned in Japan.

They're living it up with Stratos and Shadow Mist and meanwhile, what am I supposed to do, summon Great Tornado and Kamikaze with Avian? LIKE AN ANIMAL!?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Waifu posted:

I like playing with actual people with faces?

everythingWasBees posted:

There is something to playing with physical cards against people you can actually see that those applications will never be able to replace.

What, like?

Outdoors? :stonk:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was hoping for a Jack deck. :smith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Onmi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI55cuC7NxQ&t=971s

Going back to Hero chat this is why I'm missing Great Tornado...

That was delightful.

Dexie posted:

At least they're not shoving Wyrms in our faces (though they very well should be.)

I haaaate Wyrms but it's really loving stupid how badly they've dropped the ball on them.

They should've waited a year to make Dragon Rulers and made them Wyrms, frankly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Psychics were huge because they were the first type that had incredibly dedicated, focused Synchro support out of the box. Nothing else could Synchro as well as Psychics could when they first came out. And then later on after that, you had room to do other cool stuff with them like the RFG psychics and Gusto.

ONE WOULD THINK the right way to do Wyrms would be to have them be the same type of thing, but with Pendulum monsters, but nope, all they had to start with was another Synchro archetype with a gimmick that Scraps already did a few years ago and now they have some mediocre 1-7 pendulum scales? Whoopee? Meanwhile, the set that wound up actually doing what Wyrms should've done was Qlis.

Cool designs, though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Xoidanor posted:

Wow that card owns, of all the legacy-support continuous traps we've received that one is by far the best since it has zero drawbacks. The second effect being able to summon Darkness Metal Dragon is just another bonus. Also am I mistaking the wording or can you actually special summon both during your own and your opponents turn? :allears:

First effect looks like an Ignition effect, so, only on your turn.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dabir posted:

What was the most obnoxious top meta deck ever? I vote Mass Driver Frogs.

D R A G O N S, probably. Or TeleDAD. Or Goat Control. Or Yata OTK.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Momomo posted:

If I remember right, the total levels don't have to equal the level of the monster you're trying to summon, right?

They do.

That's kinda the point.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean yeah this IS the german dub.

If anybody has a good reason...:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Society of Light is not a great arc, no. There's a diagram somewhere about what episodes you can skip, I'll see if I can find it.