Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I love how petty Kaiba was about the naming and ranking for each of the dorms of GX. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The backstory is that Duel Academy was founded by Kaiba (hence the dorm names), but I think he does show up for a cameo at some point, too.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

That isn't so much Kaiba being skilled as it is reality bending to his will.

See also: jamming a gun with a card, and his being more concerned about said card being damaged.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Kaiba is the best.

And now I know what a painfully literal translation looks like! :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

To be fair, the first filler arc in that stretch (Orichalcos) is generally considered one of the good examples of filler. And as crappy as the other one was, it gave us Kaiba beating the ever-loving crap out of the villain.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'd guess it's somewhat balanced out by Pendulum cards that are 9+ being relatively rare, but it's been ages since I last played.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

mabels big day posted:

if they make tristian duel it will be worth it

Oh you are in for a treat. :unsmigghh:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Believing in the heart of the cards is absolutely not cheating.

It's what's gotten me to win in Hearthstone more often than not.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

dogsicle posted:

I'm pretty sure he was doing that as early as season 1. It was honestly surreal.

Granted, it sends his ego cruising for a bruising when he starts getting the crap kicked out of him in his duels. Including a guy he thought he'd win against by default.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

then what am i running in my skull servant deck

I stopped playing ages ago.

Is there some card that goes something like "If you attempt to Fusion Summon a monster, and successfully meet the criteria for Fusion Summoning another monster(s): You may also Fusion Summon that monster(s) at the same time as the original Fusion Summon"?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Also known as the pay '1000 lifepoints to Xyz/Synchro' monster.

...How the hell did you manage to attribute someone else's post to me? :psyduck:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, I doubt it. He was originally in the manga too, and actually got sprayed in the eyes with a can of bugspray (instead of silly string) when he complained about getting a crap card as his reward.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I have to wonder: Would it be possible to make a deck focused around inflicting an OTK on yourself?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I thought a tie counted as half a win for both sides?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I remember clocking out on the anime right around the time the actual plot arc with the Sacred Beasts was starting up.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

…gently caress. :smith:

YuGiOh was my gateway series into anime and manga as a kid. Can’t believe that he’s already gone.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/troubledmn/status/1545091603039223808?s=21&t=Kg86WAvhGR8pBScQzk_mQA

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

IIRC from the author’s end of book commentary on the first volume of the GX manga, apparently he only found out that he got it when Kazuki drunkenly called him up to tell him that he’d been chosen, and thought he was bullshitting him at first

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Let’s remember “Hellboy with a Duel Disk”

https://twitter.com/arcadiaemissary/status/1545136159524900867?s=21&t=uQwPlD_si_uSnBXDFpdxxw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Didn’t they also print the trump card of the protagonists from the climactic 3-on-1 duel of the Zexal manga that wound up being hideously busted in the real game? Like, I remember reading that Utopia supposedly only got some of it’s better support cards after they banned it.