Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I remember some of the minor character of the week guys in the Pegasus arc, like Mako Tsunami and the labrynth twins, and they were cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm watching this on netflix now.

Holy poo poo, I never realized kaiba is voiced by Brock

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 15, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

James is also Brock, actually.

This is too much.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

why is Yugi so short?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

is there any basis for the things that some monsters do in the anime for what actually happens in the card game? I already know the answer to that but

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope one day to be Maxamillion Pegasus

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yugi doesn't stand a ghost of a chance.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It's really cool that the hosed up evil spirit in yugi's puzzle has no qualms with sending people's brains into the shadow realm

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I always thought they just made up the polymerizations

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcL3kAtbcYE

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Witch of the Black Forest + Lady of Faith = ...some rock and roll guy???

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm getting to the battle city finals, and I don't remember a thing after this point. I'm actually enjoying this show at this point, it's good.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The third season of yugioh is not on netflix and that makes me angry.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

All of it's been on Hulu since forever.

i don't like hulu, but thank you, i will watch it

edit: is this noah jerk really going to deny me the pleasure of seeing the battle city finals???

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 28, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yes.
Yes he will.
And you will be bored every minute of it.

You want more crazy Marik face.
You always want more crazy Marik face.

if they make tristian duel it will be worth it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Believing in the heart of the cards is absolutely not cheating.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i should have skipped the stupid noah and the cyberspace thing. kaiba literally says "well that was a complete waste of time and let's forget it ever happened"

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

bullshit that the battle city finals aren't joey vs kaiba and yugi vs merrick, ending with yugi vs kaiba. when the gently caress are we going to see joey vs kaiba.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

joey vs merrick ended in the most bullshit way possible.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

That's still the most bullshit finish ever.

"GEARFRIED, ATTACK!"

*faints right before hologram can land the blow*

"JOEY IS DISQUALIFIED!"

Like come on, he called the attack. Do you really have to wait for the pretty special effects to finish?

They were in the shadow realm. I'm afraid they weren't holograms.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Onmi posted:

Let it sink in for a moment. Joey had no God cards, he didn't have Fiends Sanctuary. With those two cards Yugi was suspected to have a 20ish percent chance of beating Marik. AND he had the power to Destiny Draw. Joey though being an absolutely normal guy with a normal deck almost beat Marik. No he in fact DID beat Marik and only lost because he physically fell unconcious at the last second.

Joey is the best duelist in the original series.

marik wasn't even playing to win the actual card game, the only reason he had ra attack was to knock joey unconscious.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kaiba blew up his island after he lost his tournament.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm starting season 4 (completely skipped the bullshit filler last episode where they didn't even show joey vs yugi) and I hope i don't regret not skipping this

edit: this is really bad and boring so far. I don't think I'm going to watch this. I might just move on to GX lol

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 7, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

what the HELL did they do to mai's voice

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I have it on good authority that Ash will win the Kalos League this season.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rex and Weevile are pretty cool, I'm glad they tagged along in season 4

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Onmi posted:

Not really. The reason games like Magic and Pokemon have a 60 card deck is because it's expected that a third will be dedicated resource cards, Lands in Magic and Energy in Pokemon (I think, I haven't played since the GB game) Otherwise they would also have 40 card decks. 45 card decks don't mean anything, there's no point.

Well except being the absolute maximum amount of card you'll have when drafting, which of course means that you have no side-board at all.

pokemon card decks no longer run anywhere close to a third or even a fourth of their deck as energy. the abundance of search cards and low-energy cost attacks means people can run just a handful of energy. Pokemon decks are basically all trainer cards to burn through your deck and get the cards you want ASAP.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The real hero of Joey's deck is scapegoat and I won't hear otherwise.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't know if I will watch any of the series after GX, or if i'll even watch GX, but do they still all believe in the heart of the cards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yugi wins because he duels honorably and has something to fight for...!