Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I remember not caring very much about the new Yugioh series until someone told me on Skype that in episode 34, someone carpet bombs a child.

Context, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Synchro was handled as the two monsters opening sort of a portal for the Synchro monster to materialize on the "real world". The tuner is the door, while the synchro material is the key.

XYZ are supposed to be antimaterial creatures using the XYZ units as means to stabilize their presence on the material world.

Or something like that :v:

Are we trying to make sense of the summoning mechanics of Yugioh?

It's simple really: two monsters go bye bye, one new monster comes out and goes "'sup yo?"

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Endorph posted:

someone posted the timeline a few pages ago

I got caught up through a friend. Apparently they wasted a perfectly good opportunity by the writing staff saying in an interview "lol Heartland ain't that Heartland".

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I just got to start watching arc-v from the latest two episodes. I forgot that yugioh as a whole had more padding than Dragon Ball Z.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

- If your Scales have only 1 Level between them, you cannot Pendulum Summon only Monsters of that Level. For example, if one Pendulum Monster is Scale 3 and your other is Scale 5, you cannot Pendulum Summon only Level 4 Monsters. This differs from the Anime, however.

Why?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Kay Kessler posted:

Because according to the wiki, Reginald is Shark's dub name. :shepface:

Not gonna lie, I kinda want to watch the Zexal dub now.

Sean Schemmel screams superbly.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

If I just wanted to watch the highlights of 5Ds, which duels and moments should I check out?

Jean's final turn.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Even Zexal at its worst does not compare.

Re-contract Universe.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Oh god, you are not joking, are you.

Sadly he isn't. Bonus points for Super Saiyan 2 allowing him to physically alter a card in his hand.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

We're 29 pages in and there still hasn't been any mention of this S.O.B.

I'm surprised.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

I've never actually seen it pulled off by an actual ghostricks deck. This is the only way I've ever seen it done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4wSIrcX30o (see after the 8:00 mark)

I looked through this guy's videos; one of them displays him winning with only 13 life points left. Pretty intense.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

How do you end up with 13 LP? Everything in this game goes in 50s, sans old bad cards.

Also that Xyz Change video was insane. I don't understand much about current YGO but that was still amazing. If we had gotten something like that in Zexal it'd be far easier to defend it.

Cards which constantly cut your life point damage in half. You round up, and it'll inevitably be 13. It's strange.

Also, if you want a full explanation of the Xyz Change deck and how it works, send me a PM and I'll be glad to explain it to you.

Silento posted:

Divide by 2 again and again. Check out his HEROs video, where he Super Polys his opponents 2 Quasars!

Dude lives up to his name of being "manly".

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

The heat death of the universe will occur before a RUM-deck is allowed to become meta.

Two years ago, when I was playing online, I created a competitive Heraldic deck revolving around ranking up 18 to C69. It won me more duels than I lost against meta decks.

I await my heat-death.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

WCS or nothing fool :getout:

Seriously though, I too await my heat-death. I had some fair success with Astral Force Burning Abyss (pleiades is as broken as ever) this spring so it isn't impossible. The RUM part of raptors is fine for now but it's still way to gimmicky to be competitive. It just feels so disappointing however, RUM was the coolest thing to come out of Zexal and yet its primary legacy will forever be rank-4 spam.

Sylvans also get quite a boost from The Seventh One. It's just that their extra deck doesn't need two wasted slots on Neo Tachyon or Dark Knight.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Seventh One is also loving hilarious in Fluffals for those who haven't tried it yet. :getin:

I need to download Ygopro again and test this out now, if for nothing but the irony.

Slur fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 28, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

We should set gaming nights or something. I'd love to play with all of you guys.

Set up a Steam group for the highest level of coordination between goons. The group chat can be used to refine and discuss deck ideas, etc.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Devpro is the best hands-down.

http://ygopro.de/en/ - Best

Too bad it is buggy as can be.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

Is devpro the one with a team working on it or the one that's just one dude that breaks it everytime he tries to update it.

The latter.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

What's the name of the good one then? I just want to yu-gi some ohs

http://www.ygopro.co/

everythingWasBees posted:

Also are Exodia decks still a thing. The first time I ever played Yu-Gi-Oh in a tournament when i was like seven or eight some twenty-thirty year old used an Exodia deck and beat me in like two turns and that was the last time I ever played Yu-Gi-Oh in a tournament.

1x Right Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Left Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Right Leg of the Forbidden One
1x Right Leg of the Forbidden One
1x Exodia the Forbidden One
3x Swift Scarecrow
1x Battle Fader
3x Upstart Goblin
3x Pot of Duality
1x One Day of Peace
3x Gift Card
3x Waboku
3x Threatening Roar
3x Jar of Greed
3x Legacy of Yata-Garasu
3x Accumulated Fortune
3x Hope for Escape
3x Reckless Greed

Slur fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 4, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Agent Rush posted:

So this is the one to use if you want to play online, not Devpro?

Bingo.

ThermoPhysical posted:

DevPro is maintained by a team of people, not just one. YGOPro is the one maintained by just one guy who refuses to tell when things will be updated or not and it breaks every time he tries to update it so it just takes longer.

DevPro doesn't break due to coding. It breaks because every time there's an update, TONS of people try to log in and it crashes the servers.

Also, DevPro is the program you want if you want to play online. YGOPro lets you play offline but you will have to wait for updates to banlists and card sets.

Even if this is the case, devpro seems to bug up quite frequently. For example, registering an account on devpro is an impossibility for me; clicking on the register button doesn't actually do anything.

Slur fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 5, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

It is the case, it's one of YGOPro's biggest issues is the updates. It broke for NECH and only about 10 cards were available to use when the dev claimed all were accessible. He refused to listen to reason when people told him otherwise and made people wait until about December 20th to have a fix. NECH launched in the TCG in Nov 2014.

As for your issue, it should pop up a little screen asking your username, password, etc. Have you tried to redownload it? I had this issue once and just had to redownload.

It did pop up that screen. When I ultimately hit the register button, it greyed out, and nothing happened. When I closed out of that registration window and tried registering again, it said "error connecting to server".

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

Hm.. how long ago was it? Have you tried it since then? I just tried and it seems to work ok now.

Tried 6 months ago, didn't work. Tried today, didn't work.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Endorph posted:

did you try running it as admin

Yes

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

:lol: Most of us have been using Devpro for the better part of a year without any significant issue except the occasional server crash. I think the issue might be on your end.

For reasons that have already been posted Devpro is better than YGOPRO.

Sounds like some half-rear end firewall issue to me. I'll deal with it later.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well it goes like this.

-Odd eyes Pendulum dragon in p zone, use effect search out Creation.
-odd eyes to extra deck.
-Xyz summon a dragon monster, which is super easy, there are a lot of them in all kinds of ranks.
-Pendulum summon Oddeyes/summon dragon ruler/summon red eyes/whatever.

Use creation's effect and bam there you go.

And there is probably an easier way to summon it as well. Its not like ita a first/second turn nuke, its for when the opponent is in the middle of a set up.

Mecha Phantom Beasts + DNA Surgery.

Bam.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

^^Well poo poo. Youre right.
Im not familiar at all with the Zexal anime archetypes so I didnt know about that. I much prefer the Duel Terminal ones anyways.

Id love for Magician of Creation's effect to become "This cards Rank is now a Level". "Rank -> Level" effect (and vice versa maybe?) Would be really cool effects.
I would love an archetype that juggles that.

Then again that probably will ban any XYZ card that has a strong effect.

Do Solitaire until Planetellar gets 14 materials and just skip your opponents next two turns.

When xyz monsters are used as xyz materials to summon a new monster, the xyz materials of the material monster are detached before the summon occurs.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dabir posted:

Literally every effect which lets you stack Xyz on other Xyz has kept the materials. Check any Rank-Up-Magic or Number C39. Where are you getting this?

1. There are clauses in those card texts which allow the previous materials to remain attached as xyz materials.

2. Summoning Number F0: Future Hope requires 2 xyz monsters as materials. There is no such clause on the card which allows the xyz materials to stay. Therefore, it is summoned to the field with 2 xyz materials (the monsters which were used).

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

...and this is actually using 2 Xyz monsters as material. It's two different things, and as far as I can remember, Future Hope is the only card that's like that. Definitely an exception, and not the rule.

Considering Future Hope is the only card of its kind, and it is the only card without the clause text, I don't think it is the exception so much as it is 'the rule never put into action'.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Why buy cards when you have DN/Devpro/YGOpro?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

I like playing with actual people with faces?

LAN connection, yo.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

...Just sayin' man, just sayin'

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

forbidden lesbian posted:

bees is coming back to the east coast and im gonna find my yugioh deck from the 5th grade and destroy him with my Blue Eyes White Dragon

Deck list of the great LivingTrope please.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

For real, gently caress you for spending 8 minutes summoning 4 synchro monsters.

Ever play against Infernities before the banlist updates?

Hoo boy

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I'll shoot someone a game if they're willing to download ygopro; for some reason, I can't connect to the devpro servers.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

The TCG list is very good and I like it a lot.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

They... look exactly the same? :crossarms:

Is this going to be GX Kaiba all over again

No no no, you see, it's their dimensional counterparts, so you can't tell the difference!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Rude, we're quite strong under this banlist you know.

I've never lost to Noble Knights, once, in any format.

EDIT: In fact, if you're willing to download YGOPro, I'll duel you.

Slur fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 23, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'd love to play against you guys but I'm at work now. How does tonight sound?

Ballin'. PM me when you're ready.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

One of you should livestream your matches. Clearly we're already getting closer to the competitive YGO league that we all secretly want.

I'll do a stream if you want me to. I have the equipment, the setup, the voice, etc.

EDIT: I'll also stream the matches of others. However, Ygopro is required, as Devpro fails to work on my computer.

Slur fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 23, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

So lets all agree on the 'one true program'.

Unless they all use the same servers (which Im not too sure of.)

Also, I would like to mention it's a bitch to reallocate windows constantly in OBS when Devpro constantly opens up games in new windows.

Hey Baal, want to cocommentate with me on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

poo poo, I don't have PMs

Works for you if I post on the thread when I'm ready?

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

Watch said stream with me and Beef Waifu.