Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Can Of Worms posted:

I have a fondness for the "DnD" session Yugi and co. had with Bakura in the pre-Duel Monsters storylines, mostly for the ridiculous dice cheating that was going on (rolling dice in such a specific way that Bakura kept getting double 0/critical rolls.)

Who is that purple-haired girl in the OP though, I don't recognize her at all.

Miho Nosaka, a minor character in the manga who Tristan had a crush on. For some reason, the first anime decided to raise her to main character despite being rather unimportant even there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Every main character cheats, it's just how Yu-Gi-Oh! works. Yugi can use the Millennium Puzzle to draw any card he wants at any given moment, Yusei creates the Saviour Dragon and Saviour Star Dragon cards out of nowhere every time he uses them (as they're not part of his deck, but summoned with the Crimson Dragon plot device) and his Shooting Star and Quasar Dragons are blank cards he gives shape when needed, Yuma flat out creates cards with the exact effects he needs with Shining Draw and can modify the cards he does have with Re-Contract Universe (which is only used once and might be far more limited than that considering how Yuma describes the ability), Yuya outright changes his cards to a new type of card never seen before and creates Fusion Monsters to help his main card.

Judai is an odd case in that he isn't directly cheating, the manga describes him as having extremely high draw luck, which is a bullshit talent but not technically unfair. Even when he does get supernatural powers they're used mostly out of battle, I can't think of any moment Judai uses his Supreme King powers or Jubel to cheat. On the other hand, there is no way in hell he's actually carrying all the Fusion Monsters he uses.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

forbidden lesbian posted:

Kaiba is the only duelist who doesn't cheat, clearly he is the only true and good duelist.

Kaiba counterparts are a lot less consistent at cheating ways than Yugi counterparts. Kaiba and Manjoume play fair (apart from that one time Kaiba used the Millennium Rod to gently caress up Ishizu's prediction, and that was not on purpouse), then Jack does the same cheating as Yusei does, then Kaito creates two cards out of thin air (one of which is a Numbers so I guess it's somewhat acceptable in the series proper) but nothing more than that, and until now Reiji has played entirely fair (unless you count being able to create his own Pendulum Monsters legally like Pegasus created his Toons cheating)

Xoidanor posted:

GX resides in a world where duelists have been freed from the shackles of the 15 card extra deck. :ussr:

The 15 card limit was added when the Fusion Deck became the Extra Deck. By GX's time, there was no limit on the amount of cards your Extra (back then Fusion) Deck could hold.

Yuma and Astral happily destroy that rule into pieces though, with the sheer amount of Xyz Monsters they have.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, part of me really wants to get back into the game (not having played since the GX era, and even there playing really badly). Is there a newbie-friendly way to do it? I'm basically at zero, and if I'm getting in I'd like to try to convince friends to do as well and they're just as bad as me if not worse (at least I know the summoning mechanics, the closest friend I got knows Synchro and that's it).

Considering everything I'd stick to a simulator (no way in hell I can afford all those shiny new cards), and I've been playing some Reverse of Arcadia (is that the last DS game? That was the one I was playing) for some practice, though my main problem is deck building which I don't really understand all too well.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

they are in fact Yuya and Reiji's VAs. Also Yuya and Yuto were voice by twins apparently.

Yuto and Yugo, not Yuya. Yuto and Yugo are voiced by Manpei and Shinpei Takagi, respectively, who are indeed twins. Yuya is voiced by the totally unrelated Kensho Ono, who, as an entirely out of topic detail, has experience controlling an orange-red dragon with two stronger forms, one of which gets constantly ignored (seriously, where's Rune-Eyes?), being the voice of the protagonist of the Pokemon Mega Evolution specials, Alan.

Meanwhile Yuzu and Selena are voiced by the same person, which is more logical since they look the same (or so the series says...) and you'd expect them to sound the same too (though their VA gives Selena a rather deeper voice)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Strange Quark posted:

Can someone who watched Zexal put this gif in context for me?

Alito is beaten in a duel by Yuma and this causes him to stop liking Kotori and start liking Yuma because he really likes strong people (hell, his deck is based on boxing)

It's basically the first time we see that friendships with the Barian are possible (I mean, apart from the entirety of the series withShark, but that's a rather different situation), which to a point could be considered super important since the Barians not being evil and just being good people trapped in a stupid, senseless war is one of the things Zexal does really well.

It's also hilarious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Strange Quark posted:

So... Worth watching Zexal for?

Uhh, I'll be perfectly honest. Zexal II is actually really good and very much worth watching (once it gets serious, anyways). The problem is that you have to go through Zexal, which is poo poo and definitely not worth watching.

Zexal is basically the anti-YGO. While normal YGO series get worse by the end, Zexal got a lot better, but it started so drat badly that it really didn't give any Hope to the viewer. I simply can't recommend going through how bad Zexal is only for Zexal II even if I loving loved the Barian Emperors and their arc, which is basically the only thing in Zexal I'm willing to admit I actually liked.

In fact, ArmyOfMidgets is absolutely right, even if the episodes chosen are kind of random. You might as well just watch the last few episodes, since those are actually good, then just skip to Zexal II with a synopsis of what happened in Zexal. It probably will feel weird but if you absolutely must see Zexal it's the way to go, it's not worth going through the beginning of the series, it's not even good to laugh at.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Level Seven posted:

Some list I've seen with what to watch/skip in Zexal part 1. The thing about Zexal that bugged me the most was how big an IDIOT Yuma was. He (mostly) grows out of that by part 2 so that was a giant plus.

I wish I had had this list while I was watching, it would've cut an important part of the suffering. Though I have to wonder if it isn't being too nice on the blue, you'd expect more from Zexal.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

alcharagia posted:

Any bit where the good guy gets out-played by the bad guy but the bad guy loses it all in the name of PLAYING THE GAME makes me laugh

The best thing is that it was totally pointless. You can lose twice in the WRGX (...it was that, right?) before getting kicked out, Team 5D's never loses. They could've lost this, to a team that actually showed more skill, and instead they win in an incredibly stupid way because the opponent suddenly becomes mentally retarded and decides that winning is less important than...some weird, out of place, nonsensical pride.

We could have avoided all this poo poo and still reached the same conclusion, but apparently our heroes must be absolutely invincible even if we have to gently caress everything up for it.

God, I love 5D's and yet that must be the most infuriating moment in the entire history of YGO for me. Even Zexal at its worst does not compare.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can't wait for Shun to chump out all those dudes playing a card game in a suit of loving armor lol.

Honestly, considering how dangerous Action Duels get (Sora nearly gets crushed by a building, Masumi and Yuzu nearly fall to their deaths...), I can't blame anyone for wanting more protection. Plus, it makes them the perfect counter to Ryouzanpaku, as their violent tactics would be completely useless against someone in armour.

Sadly we'll never get to see that happen, because I'd love a Ryouzanpaku rear end in a top hat get humilliated by a Knight.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The LSD trio is there to job though. Not only the Shun duel, Yaiba getting beaten by Kachidoki and Hokuto getting carded off-screen by Selena make it absolutely clear that they're there less to create proper rivalries and more to show just how dangerous other people are.

Kind of sucks since I like them, but I seriously doubt they'll have a good win/loss record if they continue being used like this.

About the Shun/trio fight in specific, I honestly don't think it does anything to Yuzu and Masumi's rivalry. Shun is super powerful. Masumi is strong, just not as strong as Shun. Yuzu was weaker than Masumi when they fought, thus she's weaker than Shun as well. Simple. It doesn't make Masumi weaker in general, just in comparison to one of the top tier threats in this series, who we know is stronger than basically everyone not named Reiji.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Momomo posted:

I figured it would only be getting fusion, since Yuto and Yugo both have their own dragons, and he would just end up using those.

I thought the same, but Yuri definitely has a XX Fusion Dragon, so why would he be the exception? I mean, apart from the whole "possibly the only evil Yuya".

I'm guessing Yuya will get Synchro and Xyz versions of Odd-Eyes even if he ends up carrying both Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing. Hell, they may go hand-in-hand, have the Synchro version use Clear Wing and Odd-Eyes (either treated as a Tuner somehow), and the Xyz...umm...okay I have no idea, since you can't Xyz Summon with Xyz Monsters outside of Ranking Up, which would leave Odd-Eyes out. This is a stupid idea, ignore it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Aren't the Nekroz using dead monsters as armour?

Because if they are, then Yuya using a Nekroz of Odd-Eyes would be...just a little disturbing, wouldn't it?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AlternateNu posted:

Weren't there a bunch of random Cyber Dragon fusions that didn't need a Fusion card to work? At least, I remember a Cyber Chimera or something like that, that just let you sac all your machines to fuse it and it got bigger the more machines you sac'd to it.

You're thinking of Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, which indeed doesn't need a Fusion card to be formed and needs Cyber Dragon + 1 or more Machines, and gets 1000 attack for each Fusion Material Monster used to make it.

You might also be thinking of Chimeratech Overdragon, which does need Fusion but has the same materials and can attack as many times as monsters you made it from.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

And this is why I hate Season 3 and 4, because both of them decided that moody, unhappy, serious Judai were the way to go, including Judai dramatically deciding to drop out because of all the ~danger~ he brings to others through dueling.

Although apparently the final duel of the series literally exists as the universes way of telling him "okay dramatic poo poo is over now, go have fun."

That's basically what happens, yeah. After a nearly full season in which Judai just flat-out refuses to play card games for fun because he can't see the fun in something that has risked his life and the lives of those close to him over and over again (which I really can't blame him for after season 3), Yugi appears and tells him that he's forgotten something important, then sends him back in time to fight his past self, back when he still had the Millenium Puzzle, with powers that were not explained and made no sense whatsoever. Anyways...

During the duel Judai finally remembers that important thing he forgot: that he's meant to have fun playing card games, and what's more fun than facing the goddamn King of Games? The duel never shows its conclusion and it doesn't need to - it shows Judai finally smiling like he did before and being happy and fun, things that clearly stuck considering his portrayal in Bonds Beyond Time.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So the Zexal manga basically pulled a Joey vs Valon in having the duelist (Yuma) become a monster. Which I guess would also count as a fourth Zexal form.

Everything I've read about the manga makes it look like a horrible, stupid mess, even moreso than the anime (which, while bad, was focused at least), but I must admit that is sort of cool.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

NikkolasKing posted:

...I'm pretty sure she was dueling another girl...

Also women have always been useless in Yugioh.

Counterpoint: Arc-V. Yuzu has shown nothing but skill once she got over herself and learned Fusion. Serena's being built up as an actual threat too. Masumi...is good, but being part of the LDS trio means that she'll likely never get to do anything cool anymore. At least her second duel with Yuzu was awesome.

Also counterpoint: Pre-trainwreck Aki. She was skilled, dangerous, and cool. And then Crow appeared and she was sidelined hard, but 5D's just had to do a motorbike jump over a shark.

Not a counterpoint: Asuka. GX tries really hard to tell us that she's good but...it doesn't work. Like, at all.

Apart from that you're absolutely right and I'm glad that Arc-V is trying to fix this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

NikkolasKing posted:

I think you're forgetting about the original series which was just as bad. Tea was just a piece of rear end that followed Yugi around..

Then again, I'm still baffled at why half the original cast of YGO even exists. Duke and Tristan were worthless.

It's not a Yu-Gi-Oh! series without a cast of useless characters.

That said, Yugi's group all have serious importance and cool moments in the manga before card games take over the plot, so that's something to keep in mind. Following series...don't get that excuse. At least Arc-V is very clearly trying to not fall into this, with even the children trio being duelists themselves of some skill. Tatsuya hasn't had a duel yet, but they're very clearly setting up for him to take on Reira next, and considering how much build up there is to that I doubt it'll get skipped like Futoshi vs Reira was.

Talking about that, you know who I really want to see in a duel? Shuzou. He was holding back against Yuya (something that was said on-screen) and the series has hinted pretty hard that he can use Fusion and Synchro (he doesn't teach Xyz because he's never done it, but he teaches Fusion and Synchro, which means he has done both). Plus we know he's skilled from Yoko's comments (that he could easily be a tournament player if he didn't care more for teaching). It'd be cool to see him BURN! HOTBLOODED!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Beef Waifu posted:

Also I've read spoilers on the Barian bullshit and I am NOT HAPPY about where Shark heads as a character, let me tell you.

It's done really well. While it may sound like a bad plot twist, it's something that was built up throughout the series and overall helps both the plot and Shark's own character.

The Barian Emperors are the one thing I'm willing to defend of Zexal, and that goes especially for Shark (okay, especially for Vector because he's the best, but Shark's second)

About main characters, Yusei was definitely my favourite as a teenager, and probably keeps being so even now. He's just flat out cool, an unflinching badass with a gritty backstory and some serious emotional issues to get over, which unsurprisingly really appealed to my teenager self, and even now I think he was done really well until the series decided to make him perfect when the series jumped the shark. Something that could've easily been avoided by not backtracking with ZONE, having him be Yusei was an excellent idea that'd prove just how serious he is about protecting the world. But nope, stupid loving red herring!
Another one I really like is early-series Dark Yugi for being a sociopath who clearly enjoyed giving people severe punishments for their misdeeds. It's sad that he actually leaves that behind once the series becomes more card game oriented and the anime doesn't show it at all, because it made for a super fun hero.

About Dennis vs Serena, I don't see it actually ending. If Serena wins, Dennis becomes a card and that's it for his character, despite being built up as an actual rival for Yuya. If Serena loses, she loses all credibility as a threat and the whole point of the Lancers gets undermined, considering Reiji clearly sees her as dangerous enough to send his Lancer candidates to her. I expect that we'll get some shenanigans that force Serena back into her dimension, perhaps due to Yuya's pendant as a parallel to Yuzu's bracelet doing the same to Yuto and Yugo. I'm honestly more interested in seeing how hard poo poo has hit the fan considering Yuya's been completely taken by rage and Sora is once again facing Shun.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Whoever says to skip the ZONE fight is wrong and lame. That thing was hilarious and extreme even for YGO standards.

Literally my only complaint about is is that Yusei could've shouted a bit more when he summoned Shooting Quasar Dragon. It felt underwhelming despite knowing that Yusei's VA can shout like the best of them (okay, not that much, he's not Nobuyuki Hiyama) when he tries, like ACCEL SYNCHROOOO!!!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Slur posted:

I looked through this guy's videos; one of them displays him winning with only 13 life points left. Pretty intense.

How do you end up with 13 LP? Everything in this game goes in 50s, sans old bad cards.

Also that Xyz Change video was insane. I don't understand much about current YGO but that was still amazing. If we had gotten something like that in Zexal it'd be far easier to defend it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AlternateNu posted:

Weren't Yuzu and Sawatari the only people who actually saw Yuuto as Yuya? Yuzu didn't really believe they were the same person but had enough doubts with the whole disappearing/reappearing act to be confused. (He's a performer, and costumes are kind of a thing.) And Sawatari is just a self-absorbed goof who'll latch onto anything to shunt his inadequacies onto others. Everyone else (read: the LDS team) was just working off the assumption that Sawatari was telling the truth.

Reiji's henchman also thought that Yuto was Yuya, until Shun corrected him. I think the only people that saw both Yuto and Yuya and knew they were different people were Sora and Shun. And both of them were entirely unable to discern Yuzu from her own dimensional counterparts, Serena and Ruri respectively.

Hell, even Yuya pointed out how Yuto and Yugo looked identical to him, though oddly enough neither of them pointed out the same.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

VJeff posted:

5. Sora's gonna get OTK'd. Shun straight up told him to pick up an Action Card but he didn't and now he's gonna get destroyed by three 100 ATK monsters. :laffo:

I'll disagree on this point. If Sora was going to get OTK'd, they would've ended that fight up this episode. That we got a cliffhanger definitely means that he'll survive this. Plus this is Sora, if he really was going to lose here, he would be having a mental breakdown and showing absolute insanity, instead he keeps being calm and smug. He has something up his sleeve.

About the rest of this episode...every episode I trust Dennis less and less. He was clearly hiding something from Serena besides his Xyz summoning considering his reaction when Serena summoned Moonlight Cat Dancer. That's too smug of a reaction, plus the "just as I thought". He likely knows about the Dimensions. Plus he has Fusion in his deck despite being in the Xyz course. I'm going to guess that he's a spy sent by Reiji's dad, and he infiltrated LDS and learned about Entertainment Dueling for his mission, whatever that is.
Apart from that the Obelisk Force are surprisingly lame despite being the elite army of the Fusion Dimension. Seriously, you're the elites from the Fusion Dimension, why aren't you Fusion Summoning? I mean, their strategy is effective when they're basically cheating like this, but there's no way this won't backfire horrendously. Also, Dark Yuya scares the crap out of me. He seems to be channeling all of Yuto's (righteous) rage and he keeps pulling sadistic smiles that are definitely best suited for villains like Marik, Vector and Sora. He feels like the second coming of early manga Dark Yugi. Which is awesome, because I love the sadistic bastard.

About the next episode, which definitely looks like it'll be great. Remember when I had no idea how they'd Xyz Summon using Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion? I guess they're doing it anyways! There's no doubt that the Pendulum Effects of the Magicians that Yuya's Pendulum just created will allow it somehow, and that will be awesome. Can't wait to see the Rebellious King.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xoidanor posted:

I don't think there's anything easier to build and play then Vanilla Pendulums at the moment and that poo poo is tier 2.

Oh wow, that really did look simple and awesome. And I thought normal monsters weren't useful anymore, guess I was mistaken. I really don't know poo poo about the current game, huh.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

How is a Blue-Eyes deck meant to look/work? I'm honestly interested, as someone who only played back in the good ol' days before these Synchro and Xyz and Pendulum things.

I was still poo poo back then, so you know, I didn't have any idea of strategy but I still had fun!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I ended up downloading YGOpro (should I have gotten Devpro? I'm really confused) and tried playing again for the first time in years. As someone who only played Synchros very little in the DS games, and Fusion in real life but not very well, of course I went and built a deck entirely for Pendulum and Xyz (copying the Normal Pendulum deck linked before, since that's easy enough to play)

Man, Pendulum is fun. It's super painful when you don't have the right scales but once you do and can just dump your entire hand on the field, not to mention Extra Deck monsters, it's insanely satisfying.

Also I got some hatred for the Burning Abyss monsters, less because of them and more because I seem to never draw anything good while fighting them, as if my deck just really doesn't want me to win against Dante for some reason.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I dunno, its (1) effect can't be used in any other way than with Creation Magician, and not using it means (2) loses a lot of strength (apart from using cards that wipe the opponent's field anyways). (3) is a must because otherwise you'd have a Pendulum Monster that can't be used as a Scale at all, and then there's no real point to having a Pendulum Effect to begin with. But I don't actually play card games so I might be missing something important here.

I'm confused about how this would work in reality though. Pendulum Monsters are sent to the extra deck upon destruction, would you be able to Pendulum Summon it from there? Only if it was properly Xyz Summoned before? Not at all? God, I never expected a Xyz Pendulum monster.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

At least the black and green card frame is pretty, and I'm sure Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon will look better in action than in the small card artwork.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AlternateNu posted:

I'm kind of wondering what was up with the ninja duelists. Apparently, they know about the other dimensions and/or aren't phased by the revelation after Obelisk Force jumped into the fray in the volcano area. Yuugo is indeed a loving moron. I can't wait to see how Kurosaki's warnings about him turn out to be a big misunderstanding. The episode had decent plot progression but limited on duel time. But the saddest part is we only got a couple shots of good 'ole Crazy-Eyes Sora. Can never get enough of that.

Considering how they knew about Obelisk Force and the Fusion Dimension, and Reiji talked about them like they were following orders, there's no doubt in my mind that the Fuuma Ninja are under Reiji's payroll. It'd explain how one was strong enough to beat Mieru with ease too, they're there to protect the tournament in case poo poo hits the fan. And oh my god, did poo poo hit the fan.

All four Yu's are now on the field of battle, Yuto as part of Yuya. Also evil Yuya is still loving terrifying. Would've been nice to get more of the duel between him and the Obelisk Force trio, but it's fine, the episode was used for plot and it did that perfectly.
Dennis being of the Fusion Dimension is not very surprising considering how shady he is and how he has Polymerization despite being in the Xyz Course, but it shows just how far he's willing to go. Selena's heavily honour-bound, to the point of not seeing at all how what the Fusion Dimension does is evil, and seems to think everyone follows her mindset. Sora's crazy and sadistic, and sees "Xyz scum" as nothing more than prey for his hunting games. Both, however, follow the rules of their dimension (Fusion good, Xyz bad). Dennis goes as far as commiting an absolute taboo for someone of the Fusion Dimension (Xyz Summoning) to keep his facade, and literally no one would suspect him that way.

Next episode, more Sora crazy faces. What else could I ask for?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't know if this adds to the argument or not, but when Yuya Xyz Summons Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, it has two Xyz Materials (Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion). By that time, Dark Rebellion still had both of its Xyz Materials, so they must've been sent to the graveyard upon Xyz Summoning.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, all that Red-Eyes support is bringing up some nostalgia. I kind of want to try a Red-Eyes deck now and I don't even play (though I am trying to get back into it with sims). I have no idea how to build a competent deck though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dexie posted:

http://ygorganization.com/movie-2016-teasers-from-the-latest-jump-mag/

Color me disappointed. I was hoping that since the movie takes place after the original series, Yugi would be using his deck from the final arc and not the Pharaoh's monsters, but here's the Dark Magician again. Bummer.

You must be kidding. Dark Magician is Yugi's signature monster, did you seriously believe it wasn't going to keep being so? It was still his signature in GX, far after Atem left this world.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So Im guessing this is their way of dissing non-anime decks.
Screw you Naturia and Prophecy.

You do remember that we have three important characters wielding Duel Terminal decks, right? Three characters that Reiji thinks of as Lancer candidates, at that, even if one's currently a card.

Xoidanor posted:

Have we had confirmation that it really is taking place after? I mean Kaiba is still wearing his battle-city outfit in that magazine. :v:

If you had clothes that cool, you'd keep wearing them too.

K. Flaps posted:

I just finished episode 23 and I'm genuinely impressed they managed to make the odd eyes dragon design even uglier with its fusion counterpart.

It's okay, Beast-Eyes is a lot better looking. Too bad we'll likely never see it again now that Yuya's embracing Xyz though.

Anyways this episode. Holy poo poo Arc-V does not stop, does it? Yugo bringing some sweet bike moves was awesome, and I like him more in every appearance. Yuri finally got to do something and he definitely comes across as threatening, which is good because the Obelisk Force definitely didn't. Sora beats Shun, thus breaking his unbeatable streak and showing just how dangerous Sora can really be. And Yuzu's now disappeared alongside Yugo, though we can guess they weren't sent to another dimension.

Yugo was in Heartland in his flashbacks, which makes sense. We know he attacked Heartland at some point searching for Rin and fought Yuto, as shown in Yuto's own flashbacks. Considering how Serena talked about the Synchro Dimension while talking about war, we can guess that the Fusion Dimension has not attacked yet, they likely just kidnapped Rin but didn't initiate combat. Considering what we know, I'm willing to bet that Yuri was the one who kidnapped Rin, and Yugo, not knowing more than "some guy who looks like me from another dimension kidnapped the closest person to me", went to the Xyz Dimension and attacked Yuto, confusing him for Yuri.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AnacondaHL posted:

Yuzu still struggling to tell the Yuyas apart while everyone can immediately (and sometimes from a far distance) recognize that it's her just with different clothing :laffo: this is the best show

They can't, though. Yuri thought Yuzu was Serena until Dennis (who knew they changed clothes) corrected him. Yugo thought she was Rin, her Synchro counterpart. Yuya didn't even get to meet her because her bracelet triggered due to having Yugo and Yuya in the same place and teleported her and Yugo away. I don't doubt for a second that Sora will believe Serena is Yuzu in the next episode until he's corrected.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Just keep watching. Shark is very far from a generic villain.

Or the dub changed everything and he became a generic villain, but at least in the original he was quite a bit more nuanced than that. He basically had all that character depth Yuma lacks.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

VJeff posted:

I'll show you! I'll make a NEW dragon deck! With hookers! And blackjack! :argh:

It's this card game, I don't doubt for a second that there's cards for blackjack and hookers. I understood the joke, I just felt the need to point this out

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

forbidden lesbian posted:

when i was 13 a friend of mine had a japanese mermaid card that had uncensored boobs on it, he brought it to school and got detention for a day when the teacher saw it cause she thought it was porn

Water Omotics, I'm guessing? I had that one uncensored, it was funny to me as a kid.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

All the streaming was fun and it should happen more often. Watching people play is fun.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Maybe I should join in the streams next time!

...I guess I'll need to learn how to build and use a deck first though. Man, the anime makes it look so easy. I need to find myself some mystical pendant with dark powers, that seems to make playing this overly complicated but fun card game far easier.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Goddamn I never thought I'd feel sad about Teppei but here we are. Michie at least had episodes to build him up as a nice guy after Yuya showed him the error of his ways, but Teppei was built as an rear end and a joke character. And yet, I still felt super sad for him getting carded. Goodbye, best combination.

But at least we won't have anyone else suffering now that Neo New Sawatari MkII Reloaded: Wind Boogaloo has joined with the strength of a hundred men. Now they can win.

Also Yuya vs Sora next ep should be great. I was really hoping Yuya kept berserk because I want the Fusion Dimension to suffer, but at the same time I'm hoping this ends well and Sora gets redeemed somehow, because I honestly like Sora when he isn't being an evil monster. And sometimes when he is, his insane expressions are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I went out with a friend today to an anime store, and they sold Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. He really liked Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, and asked me to send him where he can watch Arc-V. I'm spreading the Arc-V love, and as such doing a good deed.

...What I didn't do is buy cards because those are a bit too expensive. Sims work just fine. Talking about that, I should try making that Red-Eyes deck I keep wanting to make but am never entirely sure how to. I want it to support Fusion, but I also want to use the Red-Eyes Xyz, and I guess I should run First of the Dragons since it'll be full of Normal/Gemini monsters. Gah, why are there so many cool cards to use?!