Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

There you absolute fucks I made all the abridged series jokes so you don't have to;.

Lol you're behind the times. Also reminder that yugioh: tas is still a thing (and actually still pretty funny)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I still don't understand how you have an honest to god card games school. Like, how much material can you conceivably stretch out over a school year let alone multiple years?

Also does no one have the internet or a Duel Monsters wikia in Arc-V? I don't see how cards and things like specific summon methods can just be unknown. :v:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Haha okay so I just watched the fortune teller duel in Arc-V. "My god! What will I do with this worthless Polymerization card? WAIT! I've had a fusion monster sitting in my extra deck for no reason this entire time!" Really made more sense in the original series when they they never mentioned the extra deck at all and just pulled fusion monsters out everywhere.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Oooookay so I'm almost caught up on Arc-V. So am I to assume that Each of the dimensions is supposed to be one of the other shows? I never watched Zexal so I dunno how prevalent Xyz summoning was in there, but if this is some kinda grand scheme to bring back all the protagonists for one grand finale this will be the most amazing children's card game show ever.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

dogsicle posted:

I just got to the episode of Arc-V where Neo Sawatari appears and couldn't be happier. Somehow he became even more hilariously full of himself. It's just a shame he's ditching the darts theme.

I'd switch too in favor of a "basically cheating" theme.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well this ep was really interesting.
Since all of the YGO protags (barring, iirc, 5D's) had this multiple people in one body thing I wonder if Yuya's deal is going to be mixing all the dimension's personalities?

I'd actually look forward to the ep where Yuya goes a bit nuts and goes all 'perfect duelist using all summons' on people.

Pendulum Summoning totally lends itself to being the stepping stone to quickly using any other type of summon, or using different types at the same time. Like summoning 4 monsters to simultaneously Xyz summon and synchro summon.

Basically watching him use every type of summon to combo out all 4 dragons at once is gonna be awesome.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

He's wrong. There's no reason you can't summon just one level of monster.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Not really, but there's a movie coming out next year that deals with post-DM Yugi and Kaiba.

Oh snap that actually sounds cool.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Has Ash aged like, at all? He started this nonsense when he was 10 and I'm pretty sure he should just be middle-aged and sad that he's accomplished mostly nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Maybe the joke of the movie is how terrible his deck is now and he quits playing children's card games