Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Ohio State is victorious in history's first College Football Playoff. Much of the praise has to go to Urban Meyer for rebuilding that program according to tried and true SEC principles. It is truly gracious of the SEC to share their secrets with the lesser conferences, but at the very least this championship proves that even the reviled Big 10 can rise to greatness if they accept the SEC into their heart.

The streak of SEC National Championships stands at 9. The new era of SEC Dominance began in TYOOL 2006.

2006 - Florida
2007 - LSU
2008 - Florida
2009 - Alabama
2010 - Auburn
2011 - Alabama
2012 - Alabama

Bored of such dominance, aware that it was completely bereft of fitting rivals, the SEC decided to create ones of their own. So began the seeding project. Great minds from the SEC were spread throughout the other conferences, to spread the knowledge and arts of the SEC, to give the SEC a challenge. And finally, a challenge they had.

2013 - FSU, coached by Nick Saban disciple Jimbo Fisher, was the first non-SEC team to win a National Championship in years, but only by abandoning the weak ways of the ACC.
2014 - Ohio State, coached by two-time SEC Champion Urban Meyer (also two time National Champion), brought the SEC to the Big 10, and returned that moribund conference to national success as result.

What's next? Will the PAC-10 accept the teachings of the SEC and reach prominence? The Big 12? Anyone can reach the big stage, if only they accept that their traditional ways are inferior to the SEC's, and accept the necessary changes into their heart.

Here's the first preseason top 25 I found, ESPN hasn't done one yet: http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/2015-preseason-top-25

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. Baylor
5. Michigan State
6. FSU
7. Oregon
8. Georgia Tech
9. Georgia
10. LSU
11. Auburn
12. Mississippi State
13. Arizona State
14. Notre Dame
15. Ole Miss
16. Arizona
17. Arkansas
18. UCLA
19. Clemson
20. Mizzou
21. Wisconsin
22. Tennessee
23. USC
24. Texas A&M
25. NC State

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I am voting for this thread because of its title.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

JT Jag posted:

25. NC State

What.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

it's a typo he meant WSU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia Tech is all set to end a season ranked in the top 10 for the first time since 1998. :toot:

Well, SOMEONE'S gotta take up UNC's perennial ACC dark horse from North Carolina status.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I dunno man talk to the random-rear end website who vomited up a preseason top 25 before the National Championship Game finished not me

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/11208

this fuckin rules lmao

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Top five looks about right. Mich St. should be above Baylor.

Is this a joke list though because how is Oregon behind FSU. Oh yeah it's a joke, my bad

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Fast Luck posted:

Top five looks about right.

Is this a joke list though because how is Oregon behind FSU

Perhaps they are counting Oregon losing Mariota as a bigger loss than FSU losing Jameis to the draft? Or it's a joke as others are saying.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nah I was reading it as a postseason ranking instead of a preseason ranking. That changes things

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Why did OSU have to win the year I came back? People will be insufferable.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Fast Luck posted:

Is this a joke list though because how is Oregon behind FSU. Oh yeah it's a joke, my bad

FSU is going to have the best roster again next year after they add Braxton Miller, it will just be a question of if their DC is good enough to get execution out of their D.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Congrats Virgina Tech on your natinal championshp

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Go Vols still

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Jacoby bitch

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

fsu is going to sink back to acc obscurity and duke will bludgeon them for years to come as jimbo fisher's house of cards and fraud continues to crumble in the wake of the brutal owning they suffered in the rose bowl which gave them institutional ptsd and they will ask for support in these trying times. a rape victim will be crying in the background of the press conference screaming for police or anyone to help but they'll remove her from the room because we can't have distractions when our university has so much soul searching to do and it's time to begin the healing and rebuilding.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I'm cool with Cardale Jones winning. He's cool. gently caress Tebow being on OSU's sideline. Made me almost switch over to Oregon for a second.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I am optimistic about next year because a lot of our team is young (the good part) and I believe we were playing well below our talent but I will not think we deserve being ranked until Week 5 (or whenever we play Miss St).

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'm cool with Cardale Jones winning. He's cool. gently caress Tebow being on OSU's sideline. Made me almost switch over to Oregon for a second.
OSU is basically Late-2000s Florida North, so I don't see the problem.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Georgia will never be a good team and this sport loving sucks

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wheez the roux posted:

fsu is going to sink back to acc obscurity and duke will bludgeon them for years to come as jimbo fisher's house of cards and fraud continues to crumble in the wake of the brutal owning they suffered in the rose bowl which gave them institutional ptsd and they will ask for support in these trying times. a rape victim will be crying in the background of the press conference screaming for police or anyone to help but they'll remove her from the room because we can't have distractions when our university has so much soul searching to do and it's time to begin the healing and rebuilding.

I like this.

go noles

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 13, 2015

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Congrats Virgina Tech on your natinal championshp

I really feel for them in the rematch :ohdear:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Lasagna Pilot posted:

FSU is going to have the best roster again next year after they add Braxton Miller, it will just be a question of if their DC is good enough to get execution out of their D.

Our linebackers are a dumpster. Most of the ACC has a better LB corps than us

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Feels good man, feels good. I'm going to stay up late and eat a victory pizza.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

every posted:

Georgia will never be a good team and this sport loving sucks

this is correct, the only thing a uga fan has to look forward is all the talent the piss away being good in the nfl.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

this is correct, the only thing a uga fan has to look forward is all the talent the piss away being good in the nfl.

I'm looking forward to dying a lot

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Christ I wish FSU hadn't self-destructed in the Rose Bowl. Back-to-back undefeated national champs was right there... so close... then FUMBLE INT FUMBLE FUMBLE FUMBLE INT INT IT JUST NEVER STOPS OH LOOK ANOTHER INTERCEPTION OFF OUR GUY'S HANDS TO THEM :argh: :argh: :argh:

Now that smarmy fucker Urban Meyer has "First Ever Playoff National Champion" on his record forever, and has OSU setup to be the next Bama-esque juggernaut. Christ. :barf:

Cardale Jones is cool as gently caress, though. Seeing him blasting Duck OL all over the field was pretty neat. I watched the channel with the Oregon radio call and at one point after Jones just lowered the helmet and pulverized another Duck OL and picked up a first down after being hit three yards shy of the line one of them just said in tones of utter despair, "What can you do??!?! WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO?!?!"

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
Like that one guy said, Minnesota for 2016 National Champs.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
First playoff and im glad to report that after all is said and done:
1)ohio state
2)Tcu
3)Alabama
4)oregon

Pac whatever is trash.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Welp, that was disappointing. But it's hard to get too mad over the year Oregon had. I just really wanted them to get over the hump.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

JonathonSpectre posted:

Now that smarmy fucker Urban Meyer has "First Ever Playoff National Champion" on his record forever, and has OSU setup to be the next Bama-esque juggernaut. Christ. :barf:

@TIM_MAYsports: Jeff Heuerman told me Urban Meyer told team if it beat Oregon he would get a tattoo on upper arm.

Owns

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well I am going to put these in here then. Cardale and Zeke own, Go Bucks :toot:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Congrats to Oregon on being exposed yet again on the big stage

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

it's pretty funny, shame it had to be to the benefit of urbz and loving ohio state

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Well I am going to put these in here then. Cardale and Zeke own, Go Bucks :toot:

Congratualtions on your championship, honorary SEC team fan

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Detroit_Dogg posted:

"Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way" - A QB whose team got 9 turnovers in their favor in the playoff

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Here's ESPN's way too early preseason rankings.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12138345/tcu-leads-2015-way-too-early-top-25-rankings

quote:

1. TCU
2. Ohio State
3. Baylor
4. USC
5. Oregon
6. Michigan State
7. UCLA
8. Georgia
9. Clemson
10. Alabama
11. Ole Miss
12. Notre Dame
13. Arizona
14. Auburn
15. Arizona State
16. Wisconsin
17. LSU
18. Georgia Tech
19. Florida State
20. Boise State
21. Arkansas
22. Utah
23. Tennessee
24. Oklahoma State
25. Minnesota

Commence the incessant bickering.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Its a shame it took this long, with all that elite defense in the pac 12

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pakled posted:

Here's ESPN's way too early preseason rankings.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12138345/tcu-leads-2015-way-too-early-top-25-rankings

Commence the incessant bickering.

lol schlabach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Can you taste the inevitability of a Gary Patterson defense strangling the life out of Ohio State while Trevone Boykin puts up Trevone Boykin numbers on OSU?

Goodbye football, see you in eight months. May we all live through stupid bickering and painfully empty months without footbaw.

• Locked thread