Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

DJExile posted:

Hey ACC, we see you creepin' in on our MACtion dates.

Stop it :mad:

VT has the most Thursday night games of all time with 29. GT is second with 26.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Campus shootings are the worst. The surreal nature of seeing a place you love made into the site of some awful poo poo is deeply unsettling for anyone that can associate with that place.

On the other hand campus katana attacks are just kinda funny.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Georgia Tech chat: we should be good enough to win the ACC but have a tough schedule.
On OL we return three redshirt seniors, a redshirt junior, with a redshirt sophomore replacing Shaq Mason who will probably be drafted pretty high. We lose our starting A-backs, who are the most integral skill players outside of QB (obviously good there), but we sub guys in and out of there so much that our new starters are RS-SR and RS-JR who should be fine. I'm not super concerned with B-back as their role isn't as complicated. Outside blocking may be a problem with new WR starters.
On Defense I feel good. Only major loss was our safety Isaiah Johnson, but we've been pretty deep in our secondary for a few years now. I think we will be able to get more pressure up front with KeShun Freeman no longer being a true freshman.
Like I said, my biggest concern is the schedule. We may end up with one of the highest strengths of schedule again this year between getting the best of the Atlantic (@Clem, FSU at home) @ND, and UGA.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Thoguh posted:

Since there's a championship now can we go back to calling them D1-A and D1-AA instead of FBS and FCS?

Well they are still the Big 10 and Big 12, so no.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Foreign tractors are worse than Jeff Gordon.

Same DEUTZ-Fahr fo lyf

E: Ditch Witch and Vermeer are cool. I've worked with those. gently caress Deere tho.

The Big Jesus fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 6, 2015

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Pakled posted:

He really carries that offense. Comparing his performance to Stoudt's at the GT game was hilarious.

That game was a loving bloodbath.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Thermos H Christ posted:

I... I wore maroon in the student section at some A&M games out of love for a woman and for college football. I must live with this decision every day of my life. I drew the line at singing the song.

At least wear a mutual secondary color like white, Jesus H man

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Clemson is orange and purple and it really doesn't get worse than that.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Anals of History posted:

The instant mental image of "NCAA-approved housing" is a radiator and a chain.

With a hacksaw and some dude chained up across from you

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I drive a Chevrolet movie theater

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Ehud posted:

hahahahaha

:owned:

I want to believe

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Thermos H Christ posted:

J

How the gently caress Lubbock gonna cost more than Austin?

The funny part is Atlanta costing jack poo poo compared to college towns. Gonna go ahead and call bs on that one.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Pakled posted:

Yeah, this has come up before and apparently it's based on some kind of federal statistics but something seems really off. Like loving hell Starkville's cost of living is three times as much as Atlanta.

It really has to do with what schools claim as the cost of attendance. So in general they want to keep it lower so it looks better to potential students. Ways to do that are by saying you don't need a laptop since there's a computer lab in the library. It's pretty stupid that that arbitrary number is talked about being used for the stipend. I don't think it will end up going that way though.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Anals of History posted:

Rambling, incoherent old man homer slot to be filled by Gonzo Le Batard.

Oh so just plug in any old guy whose primary language isn't English I guess.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Korranus posted:

So, Army is apparently not changing their name back to the Cadets. Instead they will now be known as the Army West Point Black Knights, the term "soldier-scholar" has been invented, and their logo is this rather Hunger Games-looking thing:

That looks loving awful and if I saw it out of context army wouldn't even be a top ten guess.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Utes gonna have the best recruiting class this year.

https://vimeo.com/124954637

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Bama LSU part 2 was the worst. I somehow cared less than I did for notre dame Bama.

gently caress Bama.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Fluffdaddy posted:

The Georgia fan melt downs from that SEC championship game were magical on this forum, so that alone was worth it.

One of the best games of the year.

Also I just went to find out who caught that last uga pass and espn says some dude named Chris Conley. I then clicked to check out his profile and it says he's some punter on Ole Miss :iiam:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

DJExile posted:

UNC has new uniforms, with argyle patterns on the collar and side of pants.

gently caress UNC, but that poo poo is boss.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Spacebump posted:

American college football games being played outside the US is dumb.

I dunno I'm pretty excited for GT's upcoming Dublin game.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Spiritus Nox posted:

Goddammit. Local news guys are tweeting that Baylor's AD had claimed to have reached out to Miss St and a few other unnamed Power 5s hoping to get someting for the early 2020s, and that he hopes to announce a new game within a week or so, but we've had teases before that never went anywhere. I'm going to be kind of pissed if we don't get a decent game announced by the end of this. I'm sick enough of hearing people bang on about our schedule without our own AD bringing it back up for them.

Guys our nonconference schedule doesn't suck, we're playing some historically middling team in eight years!

Yeah I don't think you'll stop getting poo poo for it.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Submission: big dick North dakotans
Reasoning: we have the biggest dicks

Hard to argue with that logic.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

MindlessHavok posted:

I dunno Twisted Mikes I guess? Tin Roof? Is Tin Roof even still there? Half Barrel is ok.

Anywhere you go you gonna get bungholed with a beer bong.

Tin roof got shut down RIP

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2015/06/27/man-who-depicted-chief-osceola-at-fsu-killed-in-gumbo-spices-argument/29398597/

Nigga rides in on a horse and plants a flaming spear in the ground like a bad rear end then gets a new job where he gets shanked over a quarter teaspoon of chili powder like some Martha Stewart intern rear end bitch

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I'll be watching GT uga and GT MSU soon as well. Maybe Clemson and the first quarter of the Pitt game for comedy factor.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Yall just need a screwdriver and some duster. Ain't that hard.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Pakled posted:

ACC Coaches anonymously talk about conference opponents.

Unfortunately they're all too nice to say anything really nasty.

I would totally take that opportunity to get two other schools in a feud with each other by basically doing a Hatin rear end spurrier column and dropping a line in there that one of the coaches says frequently (ie "It is what it is" for Paul Johnson).

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

JesustheDarkLord posted:

There's a fair chance my last words will be gently caress the gators too

Lmao same

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Also I was at a bachelor party in new Orleans drunk for the whole time a couple weeks ago and we didn't see the boil water thing til a few days in. I guess it's (arguably) a good sign that we're all still alive.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

CharlestheHammer posted:

gently caress you too buddy.

I was traveling to Boise for work and decided to look up top tourist spots to see what I'd be doing in the evenings and the top thing on the list was literally a jail.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Hackenberg is gonna be like that guy that transferred from Texas who had so much preseason hype at ole miss and nothing came of it. Jevan snead I think?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I second the recommendation of following Georgia Tech as a secondary team. We got a qb who is super good at running our weird offense and we have a tough schedule this year. Outside of our coastal division we play Clemson (permanent Atlantic rival) and fsu from the other side. Plus we're playing notre Dame and uga.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Literally every Australian has a nickname. I guess they're assigned at birth or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
All overalls are tacky hth

• Locked thread