Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I don't remember seeing Sharapova hitting drop shots before (though maybe she has and I'm blanking on it). Nice to see a bit more variety in her game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Glare Seethe posted:

I don't remember seeing Sharapova hitting drop shots before (though maybe she has and I'm blanking on it). Nice to see a bit more variety in her game.
15 losses in a row calls for a change in tactics.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

If Sharapova can't beat an obviously ill Williams then she is never beating her again.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
6 points in a row for Serena despite the coughing fit. Still it could be interesting if Masha can force her to move around the court as she's clearly bothered.

Edit: goddamnit

Edit2: that is a nice hold :golfclap:

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 31, 2015

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Giant F-bomb from Serena haha.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pova is as tactically barren as a 4.0 club player.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The result was never in doubt. Pova's ball bashing is the worst.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Well, that was exciting!

I still hope that Kvitova will start dominating one day... but it's probably never going to happen.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Super match. Both players were playing at the highest level that we've seen this year from anybody. Worthy final.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The match doesn't start for another 30 minutes but ESPN coverage has begun. So hype!

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I really hope Murray wins.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Oh man, 15 minutes already for the first 3 games. :getin:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Djokovic will unfortunately win this comfortably.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I don't even care who wins, I just want to see more shots of Murray's hot fiancee

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bug Bill Murray posted:

I don't even care who wins, I just want to see more shots of Murray's hot fiancee

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

:swoon:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I have to say I prefer Djokovic's wife:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Her eyes are so wonky that it gives me a headache.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
Novak looks pretty worried about his hand. Must have hurt it on that dive?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Resonance posted:

Novak looks pretty worried about his hand. Must have hurt it on that dive?
When he slipped on the Murray net cord, his hand was still on the racquet and got crushed against the ground.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Literally every tennis player has a smoking hot wife/girlfriend

And i hope djokovic isn't really hurt cause this been some good tennis so far

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

That dropshot was a great move from Murray if it did gently caress up Djoko's thumb.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Bug Bill Murray posted:

Josh Lyman posted:

I have to say I prefer Djokovic's wife:

They're both pretty plain looking?

Decided to watch the final game on a Eurosport stream instead of the ESPN/TSN coverage on tv.

Hoooly poo poo never going back to that garbage american cast again.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gibbo posted:

They're both pretty plain looking?
Kim perhaps, but plain Jelena is not:

quote:

Decided to watch the final game on a Eurosport stream instead of the ESPN/TSN coverage on tv.

Hoooly poo poo never going back to that garbage american cast again.
Did the same. Not sure about Mats Wilander as a commentator. Not sure who the British guy is.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Where I live has an abnormally attractive population, so it kind of skews things, but yeah, Jojo's wife is hotter.

But as for the broadcasts, it's not even just the commentators. Eurosport has the court mic louder than ESPN, and the audience turned way down. The choice of cuts/pans/closeups on the Eurostream is way better too.

The ESPN stream is going for the "YOU HAVE TO FEEL LIKE YOU'RE THERE" thing, and considering the crowd is the main reason I don't go to live sports... :munch:

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Feb 1, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Djokovic takes the 1st tiebreak 7-5!

Gibbo posted:

Where I live has an abnormally attractive population, so it kind of skews things, but yeah, Jojo's wife is hotter.
I mean, Jelena isn't Victoria's Secret model hot, but for my money, she's the best of the tennis WAGs.

quote:

But as for the broadcasts, it's not even just the commentators. Eurosport has the court mic louder than ESPN, and the audience turned way down. The choice of cuts/pans/closeups on the Eurostream is way better too.

The ESPN stream is going for the "YOU HAVE TO FEEL LIKE YOU'RE THERE" thing, and considering the crowd is the main reason I don't go to live sports... :munch:
I don't think the Eurosport court mic is louder, but they do seem to have the crowd quieter.

Can't say there's much of a difference between them for me, though the ESPN stream is higher quality through WatchESPN. The bigger thing is that it's delayed compared to Eurosport.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

It's 2am here and the second set just started.... This is going to be a long night if this game keeps up like this.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gibbo posted:

It's 2am here and the second set just started.... This is going to be a long night if this game keeps up like this.
LOL if you didn't think this was going 4 hours+.

I slept early and woke up about 45 min before the match. :getin:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

LOL if you didn't think this was going 4 hours+.

I slept early and woke up about 45 min before the match. :getin:

I was expecting about 3.5.

I didn't get up until 2pm though so I'm not too worried.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The British Eurosport commentators are the most oblivious old white guys ever. "It seems like there might be something wrong with Djokovic but we have no idea!"

It's clearly his left foot/ankle. He can't slide into it.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

The British Eurosport commentators are the most oblivious old white guys ever. "It seems like there might be something wrong with Djokovic but we have no idea!"

It's clearly his left foot/ankle. He can't slide into it.

That's a pretty common thing with british commentators. It's pretty noticeable in cycling at times. A guy can crash, go down in a way that you're pretty sure he broke his collarbone, and they'll be all "Oh my. He's sitting a bit gingerly on his handlebars, think he might have done something in that crash Mick?" I'm not sure if it's politeness about calling out someone's injury/weakness, or a refusal to actually say something in case they're wrong.

And then when the Scottish ex-pro is guest commentating he'll basically just be "That's a broken collarbone, no doubt about it. He's just finishing the race to save face."

Edit:

I think Andy is trying to go Super Saiya-jin. Looking forward to the impending racquet smash.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Feb 1, 2015

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
What a strange match

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

spamman posted:

What a strange match

I think andy should switch to squash.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

I can't wait to see the total distance run at the end of this match.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
christ, this is brutal.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Jesus, these last two games

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

This is the game I thought we would see from Djokovic Wawrinka.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
These rallies are so good to watch. Great match so far

Gonna be rrrreal tired tomorrow. On another note I quite like Hewitt as a commentator

aejix fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Feb 1, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

2 hr 32 min for 2 sets NO BIG DEAL GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

aejix posted:

Gonna be rrrreal tired tomorrow. On another note I quite like Hewitt as a commentator
Yeah I heard he was doing a good job on Channel 7 in Australia, but I can't seem to find a stream. :(

• Locked thread