Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Match back on. I feel tired watching this.

Gibbo posted:

That's a pretty common thing with british commentators.

Well BBC were going, 'it's his ankle'. Although with players these days you can't truly be sure what wrong with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
This match is fantastic so far. Come on, Andy.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
drat, Novak looking a little trashed right now

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Is Djokovic actually injured or is he pulling that poo poo he always does where he pretends to be hurt?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

serious gaylord posted:

Is Djokovic actually injured or is he pulling that poo poo he always does where he pretends to be hurt?

It's impossible to tell anymore.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Either Murray has engaged gently caress you mode or Djokovic cant move very well any more.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

serious gaylord posted:

Either Murray has engaged gently caress you mode or Djokovic cant move very well any more.

Now gets mystery fluids from his coaching box.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He was just faking it again.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
This is either next level mind games from Djokovic or he's battling something

The way he keeps cranking out these ridiculous winners after staggering around a few minutes ago makes it feel like he's faking it

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Murray telling his coach not to worry about it because 'He does it all the time'. Even the commentators have said hes a constant boy who cries wolf.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

serious gaylord posted:

Murray telling his coach not to worry about it because 'He does it all the time'. Even the commentators have said hes a constant boy who cries wolf.

I'm sure there's a Contador/Schleck/Someone joke in there somewhere.

Do I get bonus Europoints for watching tennis and cycling at the same time?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Ahaha, Bruce Macavaney wondering aloud about whether Novak is playing rope a dope.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

ahh why would they bother really? Muscle memory will keep them playing great tennis even if they're wrecked. Sampras was firing aces while crying with grief against Courier that time..

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Murray is falling apart

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

straight up brolic posted:

Murray is falling apart

Water is wet.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Gibbo posted:

I was expecting about 3.5.

:smuggo:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Well that's a disappointing end for Murray. He should've gone off court after the third set to clear his mind.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

hah, commentator just said Murray went and smashed his rackets straight after the handshake?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

OMG someone in the crowd got his racquet :stare:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Djokovic needs to give other players his dealers contact information

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

oh christ I always forget about this Kia motors guy, ahaha

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Resonance posted:

oh christ I always forget about this Kia motors guy, ahaha
He always starts with "Gentlemen, what a great match" and never references their names specifically so that he can just read from prepared lines.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

"Andy Murray, a great Scot!!"

CONTROVERSY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
The BBC apparently have a bit of a surprise planned to close out the tournament:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Caught the last game. Three unforced errors from Murray smdh

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

The "miraculous recovery after struggling physically" act might just be my most hated thing in tennis, though that is not to say that I necessarily think Djokovic was faking it.

I hope Murray wins all the other slams this year. (I know he won't)

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Glare Seethe posted:

The "miraculous recovery after struggling physically" act might just be my most hated thing in tennis, though that is not to say that I necessarily think Djokovic was faking it.

I hope Murray wins all the other slams this year. (I know he won't)

If it was any other player you could give it a pass but its literally Djokovic.txt.

Same as the commentators once again referring to his 'gluten free diet' transforming him from a player with the stamina of a wet paper towel to a guy that can outlast everyone ever known.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

If it was any other player you could give it a pass but its literally Djokovic.txt.

Same as the commentators once again referring to his 'gluten free diet' transforming him from a player with the stamina of a wet paper towel to a guy that can outlast everyone ever known.

According to a Eurosport commentator the other day he's apparently also turned Raonic onto this diet. :raise:

Murray's ultimately still responsible for letting it get to him but it's just so frustrating to watch when you think "Oh, he's struggling, this is the chance to put him down" and then the exact opposite happens.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Jose posted:

Djokovic needs to give other players his dealers contact information

Gluten free, baby!

It's such ridiculous bullshit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

serious gaylord posted:

lmao they did this again? I was just following live text

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

lmao they did this again? I was just following live text

They did. When everyone was tweeting in about how long and gruelling the first 2 sets were out came the tried and tested 'Djokovic used to have major problems with stamina until he switched to a gluten free diet' and my eyes rolled out my head.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jack's Flow posted:

Gluten free, baby!

It's such ridiculous bullshit.

It is. Tennis is a sham sport.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
as someone who plays tennis to a dizzying high level, i can tell you you're on the wrong track. murrays problem isnt that djok is taking drugs. (do you really think murray doesnt have access to the same stuff? do me a favour...) murray is just mentally weak and falls for transparent ruses like injuries

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I agree that Murray is definitely doping.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Murray admitted that he had one, just one, out of competition test last year. And he knew about it days in advance. Tennis is a joke.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

Murray admitted that he had one, just one, out of competition test last year. And he knew about it days in advance. Tennis is a joke.

Do you ever not bitch?

Professional athletes use drugs. Deal with it.

You're not a professional athlete, and even if you did use PEDs, you still wouldn't be. Watch what they do and be entertained.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Hadn't seen this before - Novak hamming it up v Del Potro in Shanghai 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEEFi6C469k

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gibbo posted:

Do you ever not bitch?

Professional athletes use drugs. Deal with it.

You're not a professional athlete, and even if you did use PEDs, you still wouldn't be. Watch what they do and be entertained.

PED-enhanced tennis where Spainards and other assorted frauds keep hitting defensive shots back and forth without ever getting tired is actually extremely boring and is one of the reasons I hate it.

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Djokovic won 62 per cent of his second serves to Murray's 34 per cent, but it was 15mph faster. More startlingly, the 83mph average of the Murray second delivery in the final was 10mph slower than Serena Williams and 12mph slower than Maria Sharapova managed in the women's final." (Daily Mail)

So basically Murray belongs in the WTA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Josh Lyman posted:

"Andy Murray, a great Scot!!"

CONTROVERSY!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought the generally accepted rule regarding Scottish athletes is if they win they're British and if they lose they're Scottish.

• Locked thread