Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

ARE there any good TV shows? Like not "popular" but actually good TV shows.

No.

Show business is pretty hosed up if Brian Williams doesn't cringe watching his daughter get her rear end eaten out of by some nonce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
He probs rubs one out to it because his daughter is v pretty

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Johnny Aztec posted:

I have high hopes for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q4qzYrHVmI

Two night premier coming up Sun, Feb 8 and Mon, Feb 9

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
i watched the first episode and it wasn't very good

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Nonsense posted:

No.

Show business is pretty hosed up if Brian Williams doesn't cringe watching his daughter get her rear end eaten out of by some nonce.

Having a relative in Girls is about the only reason I can think of to watch that show.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

NotWearingPants posted:

I have high hopes for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q4qzYrHVmI

Two night premier coming up Sun, Feb 8 and Mon, Feb 9

thanks employee of the amc network!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i really liked her as a character in the movies so im looking forward to this show (is it the same actress??/

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Nonsense posted:

No.

Brian Williams about his daughter's hot rear end getting eaten out on TV posted:

She’s always been an actress. For us, watching her is the family occupation and everybody has to remember it’s acting, no animals were harmed during the filming, and ideally nobody gets hurt.

quote:

Yeah! Let’s do it! Let’s go there! Let’s explore all the cavities. Yeah, 2015 is the Butt Year. There is some type of sexual revolution happening, and maybe that’s one of the cliffs or peaks that we need to begin to incorporate into our societal representation of this revolution, specifically in television. This could be the year of the anus.

2015 :yearoftheanus:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Flash is actually a really good show, sorry haters.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
Agent Carter is actually pretty good OP, you should try watching it.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Fonzarelli posted:

stop watching these stupid c-rate superhero shows, its straight up embarrassing

you don't have to watch everything with a superhero in it, you really aren't gonna miss anything if you don't bother with this garbage

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

make everybody who watches dr. who homeless plz tia

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Nonsense posted:

The first part of TARDIS is tard. *nods sagely*

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Agents of SHIELD is an awesome show and anyone who doesn't like it is a tremendous human being.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Actually, it's runoff Whedon-lite garbage for retards. Arrow and Flash are cheesy but in the best kind of way. No twee, quippy dialogue, no winks at the camera. That's the good kind of stupid comic book shot, sorry you don't get it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Nonsense posted:

stan lee didn't know what drugs did to you so he drew a kid smoking weed who believed he could fly off the top of a skyscraper. and spider man was not able to save him
because he really flew right

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

jhorphear posted:

Agent Carter is actually pretty good OP

She really is...

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Nonsense posted:

theres no work left to be done

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

enraged_camel posted:

She really is...

came here to post this

Agent Carter can die, but Hayley Atwell FOREVER

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

black mirror

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Every time I log in hulu is like "maybe you'd like to watch Agent Carter? :kiddo: " and I'm like " lol no bitch I'm here for Frasier"

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Johnny Aztec posted:

pretty much all of the Netflix Original shows are good, I really liked Lillyhammer

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Black mirror.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
So she's like a feminist hero who proves woman can do everything that men can do as long as they are hot and have huge tits.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Im guessing that its about as lovely as all the other shows but because its about a strong woman who don't need no man all the pop culture commentator faggots are jumping on it in support

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
actress is hot, show is whatever. probably not gonna watch it.

love my preemies!
Sep 26, 2004

jhorphear posted:

Agent Carter is actually pretty good OP, you should try watching it.

If something like this happens

some agent jerk: "jeez women amirite :rolleyes: "

*agent carter proves herself in a fight or at a meeting or whatever the hell*

agent jerk: "wow ha ha hoo boy guess I was wrong :shobon: "

then I probably won't

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Toad Tunnel posted:

then I probably won't

spoiler that poo poo rear end in a top hat

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

xutech posted:

Black mirror.

TONIGHT, ON WRAITH BABES

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Toad Tunnel posted:

then I probably won't

It's more like

"Women are stupid and inferior"

*agent carter saves the day, nobody notices*

*agent carter threatens to murder a guy for being a dick to women*

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Shinjobi posted:

It's more like

*agent carter saves the day, nobody notices*

*agent carter threatens to murder a guy for being a dick to women*

"These sure are period-accurate sexist issues that were illustrative of the period"

*rear end in a top hat is on a car phone in 1946*

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They're spies of course they have access to car phones and other secret technology the public didn't have in the 40s

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Has she posed for GQ yet?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ein cooler Typ posted:

They're spies of course they have access to car phones and other secret technology the public didn't have in the 40s

Deus Ex Car Phona

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

5er posted:

A budget, retro Black Widow for serial tv, with people talking on the phone in the car in the 1940s because the writers can't comprehend how to write for an era they weren't born in.

I haven't watched and so I will reserve judgement on the show itself as to how they're used, but seriously, You know that there were car phones before 1990, right?

^^^^ (That's Humphrey Freaking Bogart on a Car Phone)

"Car Phone posted:

This service originated with the Bell System, and was first used in St. Louis on June 17, 1946. The original equipment weighed 80 pounds (36 kg), and there were initially only 3 channels for all the users in the metropolitan area, later more licenses were added bringing the total to 32 channels across 3 bands (See IMTS frequencies). This service was used at least into the 1980s in large portions of North America. On October 2, 1946, Motorola communications equipment carried the first calls on Illinois Bell Telephone Company's new car radiotelephone service in Chicago. Due to the small number of radio frequencies available, the service quickly reached capacity.

Yes, they were expensive, so they were the domain of the Rich and the Government, but they have existed for quite a long time.

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 14, 2015

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

gnarlyhotep posted:

Are there any shows or movies that aren't based on comic books now?

there are shows that licensed comicbooks for the name but aren't based on them like iZombie!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

My Q-Face posted:

I haven't watched and so I will reserve judgement on the show itself as to how they're used, but seriously, You know that there were car phones before 1990, right?

Yes, they were expensive, so they were the domain of the Rich and the Government, but they have existed for quite a long time.

Alright alright. I stand by the 'budget Black Widow' assessment though.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

midnightclimax posted:

Has she posed for GQ yet?

you mean playboy

and maybe even hustler

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

My Q-Face posted:

You realize that for James Bond it was literally all just Deus Ex Machina technology, right? They just made up whatever they needed for the scene, then went back and wrote it into Q's demonstration.

So while there may have been car phones in certain cities that only the ultra rich could afford, them being in a James Bond movie isn't really a supportive argument.

And it's still a dumb show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Doc Block posted:

You realize that for James Bond it was literally all just Deus Ex Machina technology, right? They just made up whatever they needed for the scene, then went back and wrote it into Q's demonstration.

So while there may have been car phones in certain cities that only the ultra rich could afford, them being in a James Bond movie isn't really a supportive argument.

You realize that James Bond Deus Ex Machina technology stuff didn't start until the third movie, right? I mean, what wild technology did they use in From Russia With Love? A suit-case with a pop-out knife? A tape recorder disguised to look like a common camera? Oooh, really reaching with that Sci-Fi technology!

And since the argument is "Car phones didn't exist", showing that they pretty clearly did exist is about the most substantial argument you could come up with.

• Locked thread