Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Senerio posted:

Did that ever get any good? I watched the first episode, but never had any interest in anything past that.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh sorta?

If you divide North American anime viewers into two groups, those who have been watching subbed anime since Kenshin and those who have probably started watching at the start of the current boom where the overlap between gamers and anime viewers starts to take off its mostly the latter group who like it; and only the former if your okay with the idea of "This is what I totes would've imagined as my own anime when I was 18."

Not counting the group of gamers who might be exclusively Roosterteeth and Achievement Hunter fans who watch it because its by the same people as Red vs Blue who I only suspect exist but know it certainly colours my opinion.

The action is nice, the voice acting gets better, the music is fun, the character development and plot is competent at least and the character designs do get creative.

If you liked shonen like Bleach you'll probably like RWBY just set your expectations low; the episodes are generally fairly short so its not that much investment.

The problems stem more from the technical side of things (Poser for animation) and some animation and writing goofs; but the writing goofs aren't egregious if you've been willing to let a lack of dramatic tension slide in Bleach.

I like it, I know there's a lot of 'better' stuff out there but whatever, how I choose to waste my time is my choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread