Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I always had two going in every tier, I guess maybe the 1.5x applies to your personal ones too so it's kind of okay still? It was the only reasonable way to get jewelry fortifying stuff though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I think hard mode for lab is exactly what it was before?

Guess I'll try the next level up tomorrow. Though if they all give the same amount of rank points I'm going to assume easier is better because the lab rewards once you get to 9500+ points become really good.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I was getting like 6-23 per stage which I swear is more on the lower end at least. Also boss cooldown is down to a minute which owns.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Opened some set out bags and got jewellery fort mats from one.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Patch 2.8

--New Features--
+ New Constellation system to help your main characters.
Has 4 fights you can do 6 times a day, 10 diamonds for more attempts, that drops new evo mats for starters.

+ New Heroes Gate system with 4 difficulties. :siren: ONLY DO ch2!

+ More Heroes can be upgraded to 7 Star.
Exodus, Razerswine, Athur

+ New 6 star Hero are being added in shop.
+ New Fate Spin system along with a brand new 6-Star Hero.
Razerswine, Mr.Wite, Deer White, Gorgor. Majority of Magic Diamond/Courage Gem Heroes go for Pink Gems.

+ All shops are being organized in one place. New stuff added:
Booster: has 3* e stones/d crystals, Hero souls, adv/master hero stones and hero evo mats.
Courage: Event Chests, 3* fu/refined stones, Gear souls and 3 types of enchanting stones.
Pink: Tons of old spin/magic diamond/courage heroes added.
Royal Door: soul/super soul stones, mastery/astral stones, Reborn rune box(buy all these, runes for 7* heroes) and Normal Totem activation card.
Lab Store: All jewelry crap now. :rip: easy gold
Fate Store: Has hard to get hero pieces hero/jew/gear souls.
Fate Spin: Like the old spin but uses fate vouchers. Can buy for 10 diamonds or a fate chest for 25 diamonds(has a voucher and astral stone blah). Current hero takes 200 pieces to get.

+ New Power up system and Enchanting system.
Basically you can use the new hero/enchanting stones

+ VIP 14 with brand new hero.
Arthur who looks like Zoey threw up a hairball.

--New Totem System--
+ Equipped totem provides 75% of stats to hero, unequipped totem provides 20% stats to hero.

Faster combining of mats. x100 up from x10

Underground has skip button!

--Game Balance Fixes--
+ Log-in Gift being removed.
+ Goal system being removed.
+ Offline Gift being removed.
+ Daily Tasks gone.
+ Runes System (You no longer need 6 runes for 1 attribute per hero).
+ Bounty Quests (refresh your quests and auto finish them).
Tons of quests. Great amount of gold and exp. MAKE SURE AND ACCEPT THEM FIRST!
+ New warehouse page, now organized by:
- Item
- Piece
- Plan
- Buy Back
Fuckton of more space for your hoarding pleasures.

Patch 2.7

3 6-Star Heroes can be upgraded to 7 Stars.
- 3 heroes can be upgraded to 7 star! Additional 7 star upgrades will come soon.
Rebirth in hidden train to make 7* heroes, Fortify>Rebirth Fortify to level them. Mats drop from Epic dungeons and Nopo Chests.
New Epic Dungeons
- Challenge yourself in these new epic dungeons with increased rewards! These dungeons will challenge even the most veteran of summoners.
5-Star Jewelry can be upgraded to 6 Stars.
- 5 star jewelry can now be upgraded in power to 6 stars!
Mining system can choose either 8 hours or 24 hours.
- The mines have been updated with the ability to choose 8 or 24 hours of mining.
New Jewelry Albums.
- New albums to help increase your power as you collect jewelry gear.
Brand new UI.
- We have completely overhauled the UI and players will find a new Pocket Knights experience after logging in after 2.7!
New Nopo Chest.
- New chest that can be purchased with gold for new rewards!
Alchemy Lab and Magic House merged into Castle. Blacksmith is in Hidden Training. Market is in Lucky Shop.
Bounty Quests got a huge buff.
First time x10 summon for new people get a guaranteed 6* hero.
Labyrinth slightly harder.
Fortify>Refine>Items Refine lets you refine chests/pearls/jewelry 1k at a time.
New daily arena awards in Cross Server Tourney.

Patch 2.6
+ Cross server Hero Gates.
+ 1.5x mining productivity.
Elites are back to having 2hr cooldowns on occupying.
+ Labyrinth Store: 25 stones to refresh
+ New Albums
Just 1 for Octender+Peyton.
+ Labyrinth has 4 NEW different levels! Players can even change the difficulty.
Need more info on this.
+Recruits in Alchemy Lab give more gold.
+Event boss cooldown is 1 minute.
+Hero setout bags have a chance for hero/gear/jewelry souls.

Patch 2.5:
+World Boss
+New 6-Star Gears
+Ability to enhance stats on your gears
+VIP 13 hahahaha
+New 6-Star Heroes
+New Mining System
+Optimized Labyrinth Levels

Random poo poo returning people should read:
We merged and are in a new guild,Pirated Goons. We still have the old guild and a mine in demon battle grounds. New guild gets ton more resources so you should head on over.
Destiny Shop overhaul. 1 static 6* for a week with 3 other pieces you can refresh. Piece costs 300 spin vouchers.
Dungeon Mines overhaul. Make more gold and mine mats.
Labyrinth takes a couple minutes to run and gives more gold.
Summoner's Gate: Chance to get one of three different 6*s everyday. Special vouchers can summon courage heroes. Use 20k pal points or 500 special vouchers at once, 1-3*s auto-fusion stone.
Fortify heroes/gear from fortify menu. No going back and forth to warehouse.
Elite dungeons can be ran in 5 taps.
Awards added to normal/elite dungeons for 16 32 48 stars.
Underground: battle with only your level and tier, sub in heroes in between rounds.
Demon Battle Grounds, guild dungeons and guild mine.
Jewelry gear, more totems and astral powers.
Auto tower/dungeon no longer requires VIP.

I'll update this post and link it to the top of the OP as we figure all the new stuff out.

Wet Bandit fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 23, 2015

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Can maybe get the ~19mil gold one for free? I also snagged 1.44mil honor from the claim.

Glad I have 4k tickets and no spin heroes needed

edit: yep, you can get it

Herewaard fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 4, 2015

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I think you can just keep doing it forever with how much gold you get :aaa:

Better make the most of it before it's fixed!

e: Maintenance now, heh.

fisting by many fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 4, 2015

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

fisting by many posted:

I think you can just keep doing it forever with how much gold you get :aaa:

Better make the most of it before it's fixed!

e: Maintenance now, heh.

HAD TO SAY SOMETHING! But yeah it would've been an endless cycle.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Yup, it was definitely going to be an infinite gold loop once you got the start-up funds going

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hey if one of you goons wants $50.

io_burn posted:

I'm looking for people to write free to play game guides on TouchArcade, as that's really the only thing that generates significant amounts of traffic anymore :suicide:

Some examples of what I'm talking about-

http://toucharcade.com/2015/01/15/wwe-immortals-guide-tips/
http://toucharcade.com/2014/12/16/seabeard-guide-tips-and-tricks/
http://toucharcade.com/2014/07/28/world-of-tanks-blitz-guide-tips/

It's tricky finding folks to write these guides as you've really got to be invested in a particular game to be able to write a decent guide on it. It's not like I can just assign someone to play Clash of Clans to write something up as you'd need to play the game for weeks to have a good enough understanding to put together anything intelligent which just isn't realistic for freelance writers who aren't already playing said game on the reg'. I'm looking to do a whole series of guides on games like Clash of Clans, Game of War, Dragon City, Injustice, Heroes Charge, and basically any of the other huge free to play games out there.

I know these types of games aren't that popular around here but I figured I'd see if any goons were interested before doing a wider casting call. This would be a freelance position paid in US dollars via PayPal. If you're interested, shoot me a PM here or email jobs@toucharcade.com

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I adore their facebook page

quote:

POCKET KNIGHTS OFFICIAL U MUST ROLL BACK OR CERTAIN PLAYERS NIT ON WILL BE PUNISHED WHILE EXPLOITERS OF THE GLOTCH PROSPER ROLL BACK PLEEEEEEEEEAS

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Speaking of:

quote:

Update 3:09 pm: We are still researching the issues from this morning and looking for possible solutions.

Based on what someone said in the comments there, it sounds like they will need a rollback. Someone was claiming they got billions of gold worth of stuff. Which sounds plausible from what you guys were saying. Hope they give some decent compensation... not even sure what I'd consider that to be, but I'm sure I'll know it's poo poo when I see it =-p

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Looks like hell mode lab does what it says on the box. 15m power, couldn't beat the 1* guys to complete first stage :v:

Also, it seems like alchemy lab got a buff too maybe? Got 600000 from a good shard combo at 120%, don't think I've seen it that high before

Inge fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 5, 2015

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Inge posted:

Looks like hell mode lab does what it says on the box. 15m power, couldn't beat the 1* guys to complete first stage :v:

Also, it seems like alchemy lab got a buff too maybe? Got 600000 from a good shard combo at 120%, don't think I've seen it that high before

I think alchemy lab did get a boost yeah.

Is hell mode the 4th stage? Yikes. I just managed to clear "Hard" entirely so I'll try the next one tomorrow but will probably just stick to Hard.

It is pretty embarrassing how they manage to have obvious gamebreaking mistakes in every patch but the facebook comments make it all worthwhile.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It's great because we're multiple versions behind the Chinese one or whatever. We should be code stable on a decent build that's free of game breaking bugs just waiting for the strings file to be updated. Yet almost every big patch has something sizable hosed up majorly requiring extensive downtime or rollbacks.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

quote:

Update: 7:09 pm: Summoners, unfortunately due to some outstanding issues in the latest build of Pocket Knights we are forced to rollback the server to 2:30 am PST 2/3. We do not yet have an ETA on when the servers will return, but we will update once we have a confirmed timeline for our players. Thank for your patience and understanding. 

So there's that I guess.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Alls I can think of is some code gets lost in translation and or just really bad testers. Only 2nd rollback which for zq is surprising :v: should get a decent comp.

And thanks shwqa I'll probably have to rewrite some chunks of this thread anyways .

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

DemonMage posted:

So there's that I guess.

I DEMADN RECOMPESNE

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Servers are up, compensation coming later.

[Edit] It came. 50 Large Energy/Action. 2k Diamonds. 10k courage. 20 mil gold. 1000 Astral Stones.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 5, 2015

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
Comps in and generous!

E;fb

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I think easier lab is definitely the way to go. My rank is tanking after doing the hard mode (whichever one is how is the same as last week's lab) today. Scored the same as normal but a whole bunch of people who are usually below me are shooting past me.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Can't get it back up and running on Android. Keeps saying Package file is invalid. Tried getting apks of earlier versions and update those but same thing. Uninstall/reinstall ect. Someone mine grabbing my ID number so I can harass zq? Also run gates for me tia.

BrightGreenLine
Sep 2, 2004
oh :gonk:
It looks like the best way to run labs is take the easiest one you can full-clear, and then go to the next level.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

BrightGreenLine posted:

It looks like the best way to run labs is take the easiest one you can full-clear, and then go to the next level.

Yeah this sounds right. I get roughly the same number of points from Nightmare as from Hard.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Wet Bandit posted:

Can't get it back up and running on Android. Keeps saying Package file is invalid. Tried getting apks of earlier versions and update those but same thing. Uninstall/reinstall ect. Someone mine grabbing my ID number so I can harass zq? Also run gates for me tia.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I will skip gate11 until you can log back in

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

BrightGreenLine posted:

Do the hardest lab that you can successfully use 3x/10x to floor 90.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Wet Bandit posted:

Check PK Facebook. They have instructions there that may work.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Largepotato posted:

Check PK Facebook. They have instructions there that may work.

Yeah no, no worky for me.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

If you're level 140+, think about taking 4* Elite Jewelry Soul mines (or Gear.) They're completely empty and you get a reasonable amount of jewelry EXP out of it. Eight hours of mining without friends yields 800k jewelry/gear EXP before bonuses (5* is 1.6m and 6* is 2.4m) That's a lot more useful than 1m gold or level 1 runes, and you never have to worry about someone kicking you out (if you get a 5* mine stolen after 4 hours, then you'd have been just as well off getting a 4* mine)

And if you do, I'll mine under you so you get even more :)

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

^^^Was planning on that. Good to see the numbers.

So after zq's duct tape way of getting back up didn't work I went with amazon's version and it's working fine. :iiam:

Anything else about this patch I should know so I can update the OP?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Hmmmmm...

For my own 6* Elite jewelry soul mines, a level 1 T1 6* hero gives 6/hour and my level 130 T11 Jansen gives 7/hour. Not much difference.

When mining in a friend's 6* elite jewel soul mine, a level 1 T1 hero gives 1/hour but Jansen gives 4/hour. Which is nearly as good as owning the mine outright.

When mining my own 4* elite soul mine, Lv1 T1 4* hero gives 43/hour. When mining a friend's, Lv1 T1 S 5* hero gives 47?

I wonder if it's worthwhile to beef up a few 5* heroes for mining if it means that much more loot.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Are any of the 6 star heroes you can buy with courage gems worth it?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Long term no but Candy and Charon are great until you can get Eliza and Ethnia.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DemonMage posted:

Long term no but Candy and Charon are great until you can get Eliza and Ethnia.
Those are pink gem heroes though. I have a shitton of Courage gems as well so any advice on what to get there would be good. I could just buy Gorhams to eat but I want to be sure that's best.

I am running Rhee, Nexara, Mulch, Rogas and Candy. Currently working on awaken for Candy and to get a Brend for whoever I was supposed to replace that I already forgot.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Courage gems are for courage chests

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

The courage heroes are pretty much just good for filling out albums. Einstina isn't bad, but you're much better off spending your gems on Gorhams

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Basically get courage chests till you have all Kings Gear then go for Gen. Gorham. Almost all the 5* courage heroes drop from summoning. The 6* courage heroes are only good for mines and albums. They are a lower % to use to awaken other 6*s and not worth using unless you summoned it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Wet Bandit posted:

Basically get courage chests till you have all Kings Gear then go for Gen. Gorham. Almost all the 5* courage heroes drop from summoning. The 6* courage heroes are only good for mines and albums. They are a lower % to use to awaken other 6*s and not worth using unless you summoned it.
Thanks, that helps, I wasn't sure what I was looking for in the chests, but Kings gear would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

CrashCat posted:

Thanks, that helps, I wasn't sure what I was looking for in the chests, but Kings gear would be great.

You'll roughly get 1 event chest (that has Kings Gear pieces) per 50 courage chests. The rng on it is dumb.

• Locked thread