Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Wet Bandit posted:

Basically get courage chests till you have all Kings Gear then go for Gen. Gorham. Almost all the 5* courage heroes drop from summoning. The 6* courage heroes are only good for mines and albums. They are a lower % to use to awaken other 6*s and not worth using unless you summoned it.

I don't have any 6* heroes yet. Would any of them be worth it in that situation?

Nosthula fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Nosthula posted:

I don't have any 6* heroes yet. Would any of them be worth it in that situation?

Nope, as it takes 200k courage gems for 1 6* courage hero and that's a chance at 40 Event Chests for Kings Gear. You're better off going for Candy Can for pink gems to replace Shi Fu and save spin tickets for Ethnia to replace Hanada to start, going off your setup. Then look into getting Eliza and Brend.

Gear is forever p much tho. The sooner you get all 5* gear the better. Also I updated the gear section in the OP a bit. Wasn't too clear on some things.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

CrashCat posted:

Those are pink gem heroes though. I have a shitton of Courage gems as well so any advice on what to get there would be good. I could just buy Gorhams to eat but I want to be sure that's best.

Ha, yeah. That's what I get for posting while falling asleep. Sorry!

Also since awakening supposedly transfers to Ancient/Zodiac gear, does duplicate kings gear give better % awakening increase like duplicate heroes? Or just throw a ton of guardian/knights gear at it?

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 7, 2015

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

DemonMage posted:

Ha, yeah. That's what I get for posting while falling asleep. Sorry!

Also since awakening supposedly transfers to Ancient/Zodiac gear, does duplicate kings gear give better % awakening increase like duplicate heroes? Or just throw a ton of guardian/knights gear at it?

Yep, 3 matching kings pieces will awaken. So 3 bows will awaken a bow.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
In and applied as heisenbeer

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Didnt realize it took that many pieces to make a 6star.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

:allears:

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

^^^lol

Nosthula posted:

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Didnt realize it took that many pieces to make a 6star.

It varies on 6*s.

Courage gem heroes 200 pieces, 200k courage gems.
Pink gem heroes 20 pieces, 700 pink gems.
Spin heroes 20 pieces, 6k spin tickets.
Magic diamond heroes 20 pieces, 80k magic diamonds.

Pink and spin heroes are stupid easy to get and have the best heroes. Courage are dumb and p much only Octender is worth the magic diamonds.

Fiss noticed there was some wording change in the event tower. "...and they will also obtain abundant rewards according to their final Ranks at the end of the event." I'll find out what 2nd place is. No way can I beat BoOty.
I hit 100m score last night and I was able to reclaim all event rewards

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

So what reward did you all get for the event bosses?

I think I was 70th-90th and got

20x Summon Voucher
3x 5* Energy Stone

meh

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

That's not event boss rewards. Those aren't out yet. That's from the Leveling Event that just ended. Clear X stage and get a reward later. Mine was 20x summon and 1x(?) 5* energy.

About an hour before any boss rewards will go out.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Ohh right. I thought it was a bit early.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Nothing for rank 4 unless it's coming later. And still 50 million gold cap. Was amusing to do but that's bullshit.

And by bullshit I mean it's silly and it should have had a ranking reward for a long time. And rewards past 15 million.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 10, 2015

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Anyone crunched numbers for zin? Looks like he'll be out of reach for non whales

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Inge posted:

Anyone crunched numbers for zin? Looks like he'll be out of reach for non whales

Ehh, nobody uses Zin anyways.

You should be easily able to get everything decent from the heart exchange.

As for chocolates, yeah it's only reasonable to get 35 (7th day login gift + spend 3000 diamonds (everyone else is hoarding them too right?))

If you're ranking in the labyrinth then I guess 50 Zin pieces from the hearts gets you a lot closer. If not then I guess you're hoping you can get more pieces in another event (you'll probably have a full team of spin heroes by the time this happens anyway)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

fisting by many posted:

As for chocolates, yeah it's only reasonable to get 35 (7th day login gift + spend 3000 diamonds (everyone else is hoarding them too right?))

If you're ranking in the labyrinth then I guess 50 Zin pieces from the hearts gets you a lot closer. If not then I guess you're hoping you can get more pieces in another event (you'll probably have a full team of spin heroes by the time this happens anyway)

If you get all of the hearts from dungeons/tower/login, I think you can get just over half of the pieces (138) plus whatever you manage to scrape up from elite dungeons plus whole 3 pieces if you spend your chocolate on zin. On the other hand, you can get close to two candy cans if anyone cares about that

edit: oh wait limit 50 and 20 rip

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Feb 10, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Candy might be nice just for the "free" awakening fodder.

And I'm not hoarding diamonds since I missed the cheap 5* jewelry sales, I've been burning them on boxes for that. Gonna start getting dupes soon. :(

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

fisting by many posted:

Yeah, I managed to hoard about 40k diamonds over a few months and blew it all on the new years 90% off sale, so not really wanting for much. Got 8k atm, tempted to just blow it on 6* fusion stones because seriously gently caress that noise

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

DemonMage posted:

Candy might be nice just for the "free" awakening fodder.

And I'm not hoarding diamonds since I missed the cheap 5* jewelry sales, I've been burning them on boxes for that. Gonna start getting dupes soon. :(

dupes are good, you gotta awaken them eventually :unsmigghh:

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
I just bought Candy Can with pinks right before the event. Would it make since to get another candy can from hearts. She is my only 6 star so far. Or would I be better of using the hearts on summon vouchers?

Is there any trick to getting a lot of spin vouchers besides flipping lots of star chests? I see comments about how easy they are to get but after almost a month im only halfway to a spin 6*.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

You can make moon chests with the recipes you get from star chests if you want to focus on tickets primarily too. And spend all your Booster gems on tickets. When you can start making 50+ million gold a day it's a lot easier. I make 3-4k spin tickets a week roughly.

A second candy wouldn't be bad, if nothing else you can keep her around for awakening fodder. You're very very unlikely to get a 6* from a summon let alone a good one. It really depends on the whole rest of your team as getting a Chiron from pink gems would be pretty solid potentially.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Pinks are for getting 6*s fast while you're saving up spin tickets for like Ethnia ect. 2 Candys tho tears up front lines.
The gold really starts snowballing as you power/level up more.

BTW one thing about events like Valentines, use the currency on the last day as they've been known to change things during the middle of the event. Also any left over currency save for a week or 2 at least.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nosthula posted:

I just bought Candy Can with pinks right before the event. Would it make since to get another candy can from hearts. She is my only 6 star so far. Or would I be better of using the hearts on summon vouchers?

Is there any trick to getting a lot of spin vouchers besides flipping lots of star chests? I see comments about how easy they are to get but after almost a month im only halfway to a spin 6*.
You can buy spin tickets with booster gems too, I get way more tickets out of buying them with booster gems than the tickets I get from the chests outright.

If you haven't awakened Candy Can then you'll want doubles for that, I am still working on that myself. Also somehow the last two posts didn't load until I wrote this, thanks forum.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Very slight correction for the OP, but it's 6 energy/action potions from the Royal Door.

Also why do you recommend against raising guild techs? 0.5% damage per tier isn't a ton, but getting a total boost of 23.5% when it's maxed seems pretty drat solid. Unless it's to some pre-gear base damage stat or something instead of a multiplier to the total damage an attack does as it implies.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
We don't really know if they apply to anything beyond guild tower and guild war. Or if they even do anything in those...

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Gold and exp are worth raising for maske tower (this is the only place it has any effect.) I think gold might apply to the gold you steal from people during maske tower too, I don't know how exactly it works but I see 180k-300k+ occasionally. Attack is probably useless unless you need help killing the guild bosses.

The only other thing guild stars are useful for is buying the stones to do demon battleground so if you have enough of those might as well raise your techs.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah Battleground stones was my plans if techs were not worth it. We've still got stages left to unlock for guild bonuses and I'm enjoying clearing all the stages I can every day for the extra General pieces.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Even all these months later I still get confused by the interfaces in this game. I went to look at some of the heroes I picked up to see which ones use which weapon, and realized I can't figure out how you tell hero classes from inside the game. Obviously it's easy to Google but I just couldn't believe I looked everywhere in game and still didn't figure it out.

Finally hit 100 and unlocked the backup slot and Underground, so I gotta figure out what the hell to do with those.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

You can tell what class they are but what item type they need to evolve, which yes is stupid.

Underground is largely useless, backup slot is super good since it gets you an extra hero in battle similar to calling in a friend (make sure your backup is in an open slot in your formation).

Ocanthus
Sep 29, 2009
So when/where do you use Master Hero/Gear Souls? I've got a few building up in my warehouse but not 100% sure how to use them.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

During fortification, they're the bottom right of the materials you can select.

Ocanthus
Sep 29, 2009
Great, thanks.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Here's my entry to that dumb Valentines Facebook event.

:v:

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

Largepotato posted:

Here's my entry to that dumb Valentines Facebook event.

:v:

Perfect! :golfclap:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DemonMage posted:

You can tell what class they are but what item type they need to evolve, which yes is stupid.

Underground is largely useless, backup slot is super good since it gets you an extra hero in battle similar to calling in a friend (make sure your backup is in an open slot in your formation).
:doh:

And I've obviously seen the evolve mats, but it's so backwards that when I was trying to figure it out it didn't occur to me. Cause why would they actually show it anywhere else. :saddowns:

Should the backup be a tank then since they're going to probably die first? I'd have to go digging through my fives for something.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Your backup comes in on turn two as long as the slot you put them in is empty, so it's not really about who dies first. Ideally having an Awakened Eliza come into your tank row is where it's at, but that's probably a bit away for you. So a tank would work for now yeah.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DemonMage posted:

Your backup comes in on turn two as long as the slot you put them in is empty, so it's not really about who dies first. Ideally having an Awakened Eliza come into your tank row is where it's at, but that's probably a bit away for you. So a tank would work for now yeah.
Oh. That's kind of a hilarious oversight that it works that way. I guess third tank coming in second makes the most sense since you want to deal damage early and often. Not to mention if you do have the invite come in on that slot instead, you'd want it to be replacing someone whose damage you don't miss.

When I finish getting the Brend (to replace Nexara, I think?) I'll have to look into Eliza or whatever the hotness is by then and bench Rogas or Mulch over to the front backup spot.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Today is the last day to turn in v-day stuff fyi. Should be getting a Chinese New Year event this week. Hopefully Nian isn't loving impossible to get.

Loving the refined stone plans. 20 mil to make 2k then having to combine them is a lil steep but at least I'm making better progress on gear now. Finished evolving all jewelry so dumping gold into refines while waiting on 6* evo mats.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
CNY event! Easy 6* Nian, great offer, envelopes and crackers oh my!

Also elites are double dropping so 6* mats should be (slightly) more plentiful over the next few days.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

:wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Note she's from the Advanced Monthly Pack, so you know anyone with her is pretty dumb.

• Locked thread