Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
You have an angelic singing voice Hbomberguy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Alacron posted:

Am I the only one who's favorite MST3K is This Island Earth? It was the first one I ever saw when my best friend got a copy on VHS. We wore the poo poo outta that tape.

That same friend later got bootlegged DVD's of every episode, which awesome.

For the longest time this one was the only legitimate exposure I had to MST3k since we've never gotten the series where I live, so it does hold a special place in my heart.

"Shatner, Shatner, Shatner... okay he's not in this one, we're safe."

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Them ockers are too busy turning over their shrimps on the barbie and swilling their Four-Exes to save some yobbo from drowning.

Just call the flying doctors, she'll be right.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

BigRed0427 posted:

I kind of have this idea for a somewhat parody of it, where instead of killing people you have to perform random acts of kindness. I've been writing a bunch of comic scripts and wanna try making this. :shobon:

The one thing that this brings to mind for me is Mega64's Doug Huggem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YGu4zQgTvg

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I used to like Thunderfoot back when he just made fun of creationists. Guess that well ran dry a long time ago.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Mokinokaro posted:

Barter Town and a lot of the first half or so is actually very good. It's the second half where the kids become much more prominent that drags it down.

I didn't think the part with the kids was the problem so much as the return to Barter Town where it becomes a Disney slapstick adventure briefly remembering its a Mad Max movie enough to have a chase sequence.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Oh hey, one more thing about Mr Nobody on the 'already done by' pile.

Character aware of the consequences of every future decision he could possibly make, overwhelmed to the point of indecision?

That's an episode of Duckman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DHb03sY1KY

Edit: the one thing I've watched and could stand made by Max Landis is his youtube video about the career of Triple H.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 25, 2015

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I could not stop watching that Golden One guy continuously flex his pecs while he complained about homosexuals.

Also good to know you were able to up your popcorn budget.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Just watched the latest Half In The Bag, and DiCaprio's character sounds an awful lot like Mr Plinkett.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Puppy Time posted:

"Rphcking Phhilphsphphy."

This perfectly encapsulates what that guy is like: a continuous spray of spittle.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Archer666 posted:

Also with how obsessed Moviebob is about nostalgia and his insistence on having a live action Mario movie that's "true to the source material", I'm not sure I'd trust him with co-writing an episode on video game movies.

So what - 2 hours of a fat Italian eating mushrooms, knocking his head against brick walls, assaulting reptiles and trying to hook up with a girl way out of his league?

Cos that sounds like something that might make a good episode for either. Brows Held High or Cinema Snob.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

When they said in their pitch video they needed a lot of swords they weren't kidding.

That's a lot of swords.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dSW62oi6nw

There's more skulls in this Movie Nights review of House 2 than a Davis Aurini video!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

BigRed0427 posted:

Dammit, now I wan't a Captain America game with Chris Evans doing the VO work.

Your wish was granted about 5 years ago, as long as you had one of the consoles it came out on.

Unless by that you meant a better one, then sure.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 21, 2016

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
TVTropes is the slab upon which fiction is dissected by first-year medical students with inexpertly-wielded tools, hoping to transplant the innards into their own creations, hoping to give them life with only the surface understanding of what makes those parts work.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
More like animAIDS am i right

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It was kind of funny having one guy say "Give me my longsword!" and reaching for a shotgun with "Longsword" on a nameplate.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Going to assume this was run by whoever handles the Sonic Twitter account, with the same level of attention to quality.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The TV series Batman is the best version because he's a legally deputized member of law enforcement.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Kyle , I could have sworn you'd made a video looking at Rosencrantz & Guildenstern. Was it someone else or am I just imagining things?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Miss Wallace posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7XWDKKKDRg
I bought a dryer lint portrait of Dean Stockwell

You're doing a public service, this thing doesn't deserve to rot away in some LA pawn shop. IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM

Or failing that, the home of someone who reviews old TV shows on the internet.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
For more Jim Sterling content he also contributes to an improvisational comedy podcast about a publicity relations company called Fistshark Marketing that I've started listening to recently and its pretty entertaining. One of the co-hosts also joins him in his podcast about video-game movies The Movie Boys Spinoff Doctors.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 27, 2016

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

TheMaestroso posted:

This gives me flashbacks to MGS:V pretty hard. Is Squeenix the new Konami now?

Not until they fire the original developers and announce Deus Ex: Lever Pulled.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

StealthArcher posted:

Hey look everyone it's Phelan's favorite episode of Movie Nights!

Advertiser friendly.

Everybody got aids and poo poo just from watching this movie.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Maybe it's the ear problem I've been having lately but his voice started to get on my nerves.

The fashion show segment was funny though.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Am I the only one who didn't get the Alt-Right Dogs video? I just... didn't get it.

A group of MRAs modelling themselves on a movie about of morally dubious characters planning a venture that implodes with everybody turning on each other due to mistrust and one guy running off with their ill-gotten gains? What's not to get?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I don't think I've ever seen the Golden One move his facial muscles. Like not even one.

In the mean time I look forward to seeing the progress HBG makes developing his reptoids or whatever those are he's lifting with.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Max Wilco posted:

Y'know, I was going to post some kind of dig at Doug Walker, but I noticed a video posted by Count Jackula. I don't know if anybody follows him (I don't, but I've seen him shown up frequently on the CA homepage), but I recall a video he posted a little over a year ago. The title took me by surprise, but I didn't watch it, and since I didn't see anyone in the thread say anything about it, I assumed it was supposed to be a satire or something. I watched that video, along with the new video, and, uh...

Yeah nah, not watching those. The thumbnails alone make me want to pants him and take his lunch money.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
People not smart enough to recognise satire? I'd buy that for a dollar!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
That very special Jimquistion we've all been looking forward to, probably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS-LXvhy1Do

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Dude, source your quotes.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Kim Justice posted:

I pray for the day when we get back to more blockbusters that don't feature someone who can shoot fire out of the end of their cock or whatever but apparently it's all REALLY MEANINGFUL and deserves page upon page of analysis as if it was a bloody Ingmar Bergman movie

You say that like it's not something the movie industry should strive for

But then I remembered we'd already gotten that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH1GHSLtbxY

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I remember reading the book a long time ago, I recall the Richard Dreyfuss character has an affair with Roy Scheider's wife and gets killed by the shark instead of surviving at the end and the shark doesn't get blown up, it just kind of sinks and dies because sharks always gotta be swimming or else.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
There's going to be two people left to be in the special, and one of them needs to work the camera.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I might be misinterpreting him here, because I deeply resent having to watch that IHE video anymore than I already have, but when he complains about the hamfisted feminist message he somewhat comes across as dismissive of the idea that problems arising from gender inequality exist. Also he uses SJW unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The 1000th page anniversary special has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances

• Locked thread