Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
See, I like the idea of the town building but it feels like it should be used in a game about settling a frontier.

If they want to do that kind of thing set the game in a spot where humanity hasn't lived a long time. Maybe have a central hub or two town and you build up a handful (but they'd actually need you know memorable NPCs and such to make it work.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
CDPR also gets massive art grants and tax breaks from the Polish government.

Someone did the math and estimated the game would cost 2-3x as much to make in most of North America.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

NikkolasKing posted:

I wasn't the biggest fan of Inquisition but it undoubtedly has the best implementation of the dialogue wheel to date with by far the greatest variety of choices for characterizing your PC and discussing matters with other people.

It's probably the best we're getting while keeping voiced main characters and a reasonable budget.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think I had read that certain options were cut out of FO4, like making peace with all factions? Because as it is in FO4, you have to piss someone off to finish the story, whether it is the Institute, Brotherhood, Minutemen, or Railroad.

The closest you can get is everyone except the Institute.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I think what really sells the NV dlc is that they were all very different experiences each with a mostly self contained story.

The Bethesda Fallout dlcs on the other hand mostly felt like more of the base game (though I will say Far Harbor actually comes pretty close to the NV ones if it didn't have those weird memory sections.)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

To be clear, the Down the Rabbit Hole guy isn’t that weird, awful stalker dude people ITT have been complaining about, is he?

No. He's generally good.

Folks were put off on the Spoony vid because of the subject matter. Spoony is a very rough topic to cover.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Congrats Lindsey for getting tons of extra exposure for the Hobbit videos. It's well earned.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/4/17198246/hobbit-movies-what-went-wrong

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

corn in the bible posted:

Many of those places were meant to have quests but they got cut for time. The fighting arena where you meet Cait, for example, was supposed to be an arena of the fo3 variety where you could fight radscorpions and do some questing, but nope

The other really obvious cut like this is the robot race track.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bakeneko posted:

She co-hosted the show Shark Jumping, I believe.

Yeah she says that somewhere in the thread.

EDIT: Marzgurl reacts to the non-apology Language gets really strong, understandably.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 4, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i'm watching fredrik knudsen's live reading/reaction to the channel awesome document and holy moly y'all need to watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yIjg17A6Oo

e: but don't read the chat 'cause it is real bad

Holy poo poo the stuff with Dan in Lindsey's section...

I'm so sorry you had (and hopefully are not still having) to go through that.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 5, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Brad has said he's staying because he considers the Walkers friends, but I haven't read a single negative thing said about him. He just strikes me as the type of person to stay away from the conflict.

Given how popular that stream was yesterday I'm not sure if he'll be there in the long run.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
They were DMCAed by Dahiir themselves.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I suppose he at least has the patreon now.

Good luck Phelous.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The two big remaining ones besides Doug are Brad and Angry Joe (and Guru Larry but he's shrinking on YouTube due to hosting a gameshow)

I'm surprised Bennett hasn't said a thing but I guess he's the type to keep his head down and avoid drama.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 7, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah, when he used to do LP stuff he dropped the character.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

business hammocks posted:

It’s been at least a week since I have heard anything about Ready Player One. I feel pretty good about that. That and Channel Awesome dying with so much light and heat makes this an ok week.

Jenny summed up my feelings on it pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07w3u8iLa-s

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’ve been pretty disappointed in the lack of response from Brad during this whole thing.

This is Brad. He has a tendency to ignore the faults of friends until it blows up.

He's also currently at Empire Comic Con, so he's probably not going to comment at all for a bit.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 8, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

If he's the fellow I'm thinking of he used to basically make it his business to tear into any of the reviewers who dared to leave or criticise CA.

But if it's the same guy, he's purged his channel of all those videos and has gone professional. Good for him.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

SatansBestBuddy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSU82afy1w

I watched the first episode on YouTube but since I don't own a TV I haven't been keeping up with it, that first one was pretty drat good though.

Yeah it completely captures the spirit of the original. I've made sure to get my nephews watching it as I'd far rather see them watching DuckTales over a lot of the braindead stuff that's out there.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Probably originally intended to give other producers some cross promotion but Doug had to be Doug about it...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Jackula is a full gamergater chud and possibly mentally unhinged.

Like his chudness managed to get him booted from CA. That should be all you need to know.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

lornekates posted:

Suggestion for a re-cut, all of which include editing out Doug:

1) Just a 15 minute loop of you slamming down the VCR and jamming the A Talking Cat dvd in.
2) The review, but have Phelan overlay OldMan on top of Doug, and replace all of Doug's dialog with "EEEeeeEEeeEeeeEEeeeeEEeeeEEeeeeeeeEEEeeE"

Find a way to combine these two.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Lornekates, Jackula is one of those types who says they're not with gatorade due to the harassment angle but does believe what they believe.

At least going by the streams I saw from him.

And yeah his videos are real quality which is a shame.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

business hammocks posted:

I thought he left already. But yes, ditching Doug is a great way to loose 200 pounds of dead weight.

He hasn't commented on things at all. His twitter's full of wrestling stuff as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Yardbomb posted:

I put it down to him being a good deal more likable in his 'out-of-character' type stuff, at least for me those have been his enjoyable videos.

Yeah when he's not putting on the persona Joe's kind of a lovable doofus and I haven't heard anything bad about him.

• Locked thread