Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The Attitude Era Podcast is back with Summerslam 2000! Witness the start of Right To Censor, Vince McMahon's embaressingly heavy handed jab at the Parent's Television Council who inexpicable win almost every PPV match they ever appear in. Watch ECW veteran Tazz fight an old wrestler/announcer.

Also the loving incredible TLC match. Seriously, even if you've never watched wrestling watch the TLC match from Summerslam 2000 because holy loving poo poo it's incredible. Then you have perhaps the biggest quality dropoff in PPV history with a....'stinkface' match between the Kat and Terri.

The main event of Rock, Angle and HHH is pretty awesome as well which leads into the absurd love triangle storyarc.

https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast/summerslam-2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Jay O posted:

Puh-reach. Saw a facebook friend's early review from an Age of Ultron screening, and he said it was super-duper lorey and overcomplicated and bloated, with that specific homogeneous Marvelverse tone as homogeneous as it's ever been. This is a guy who's really into the Marvel-movieverse for that reason, so it was a kinda-positive review, just cautioning others. But his take was "Guardians of the Galaxy times 20, in both the good and bad ways." Uggggggggh. Not my bag. Will be so glad when the superhero movie bubble pops and we maybe get some kind of trend that's not so much the exact same bowl o' cereal in every film. I know it's all product, but give me a different flavor every now and then for chrissake.

Have you checked out Daredevil yet? It's Marvel really shifting tone and it's probably the best thing they've done in a while. It's not lore heavy at all, as I recall it mentions the greater MCU but it's very much used as a backdrop for a street level hero. The fight choreography works amazingly well and it's really moved away from the sort of "punch a guy through 40 walls" thing you see in a lot of the main line movies, it's got a very dark and at times brutal feel to it.

It's Marvel trying something new and drat if it's not a breath of fresh air, the Jessica Jones and Luke Cage shows are gonna be so awesome :allears:

It also helps that the main villain loving rules.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 15, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The Netflix series are probably the only really interesting superhero stuff to come, since their very formats demand something different.

Except maybe the eventual crossover.

Do you mean the crossover with the main MCU films or the Defenders series the Netflix stuff is leading to? Jessica Jones is also planned to have a very different style as well, it looks to be an Alias sort of detective/spy story and the actor playing Luke Cage said his show is much more adult than the other MCU stuff so I see the crossover with all three of them working out pretty well. I don't think there are plans to bring them to the main stuff if I recall right.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The Defenders, because I don't see a crossover being interesting for 13 hours.

Well it all depends on, of course, what they do with it. If we're talking Avengers style quips and poo poo yeah that'll suck after 13 hours, but first it's just a miniseries PLUS I think if it's a street level situation like we see with DD it could work really well. A good writer can make anything work.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

The Vosgian Beast posted:

One person's fun is another person's tv troper elbowing you violently in the ribs and telling you how much fun we're having.

I mean, is the glut of superhero movies THAT bad? There's plenty of other blockbusters, horror films, comedies, indie films and stuff out there to watch. Superhero stuff makes up a fraction of what is out there.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo guys I think Marvel can handle one dude saying he wishes they stopped making movies, he didn't say he wished the a charity would stop existing or something.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I mean, there's literally hundreds of movies beyond those though. Yeah people love em and there are a ton of them, but this whole idea that the very fabric of cinema is being destroyed by superhero films is dumb as hell. There's more than enough indie, interesting, out there stuff being made. It Follows just came out and it's outstanding.

It really seems like people are really desperate to not just dislike comic movies but to act like they're literally killing film as an artform when we've had bubbles and film trends since the literal beginning of cinema. If it wasn't superhero films it was going to be sci fi or horror or detective films or something. This isn't exactly a new thing here.

V-----It's....super easy to not talk about them? Just bring something else up or just not talk about them. Like are people in the street punching you in the stomach if you deviate from "Oh man Age of Ultron is gonna rule!" It's really not that big a deal dude.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 15, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Is there a worse dub/hack job than Escaflowne? That'd be an interesting video to look into, the only one I can really think of is the 4Kids One Piece with that awful rear end Pirate Rap and the weird changes that made guns into insane hammer contraptions.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Netflix's selection is slowly getting pretty awesome. Both FMA, Erureka Seven, , All three ARISE films (those any good?), Death Note etc.

Youtube has both Ghost in the Shell series on in full too in dub format uploaded by Funimation.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Okay let's....try to steer this thread back.

Anyone have any ideas/thoughts on what year you'd like Todd to do a Worst of list for? I'm personally hoping for some early 90's stuff, maybe 90-91. When you start reaching the mid 90's you're getting some pretty great rock, some amazing R&B and some phenomenal pop music. I generally roll my eyes at "Oh man, you KNOW you're a 90's kid when...." poo poo but I really miss that sort of chilled out pop we seemed to get back in the mid to late 90's. "Always Be My Baby" is one of my favorite pop songs of all time :allears:.

But you were also getting some really loving terrible stuff in the early 90's. The horror that is Bryan Adams, Color Me Badd, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, loving SNOW.

Though my taste is probably terrible because I've seen Sugar Ray's "Every Morning" on a list of the worst 90's songs of all times and I stand by that song :colbert:

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 20, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I legitimately can't believe SFdebris is going to be able to do 52 loving episodes of Full Moon, he has so little to actually talk about. It really sucks that the moment the dude said "Hey, maybe anime isn't awful! I'll check this out!" he wasn't given a bunch of awesome stuff but a couple great shows and 2 long rear end, boring shows he has literally nothing to say about and he's now obligated to power through. I'd love if he basically said gently caress it and videos from now to 52 are just "Still sucks, seeya next time!" because good lord.

He hasen't even done FMA yet or even Attack on Titan for gods sakes someone give the poor bastard a break.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
^--------Holy poo poo is that Jim Ross on commentary yesssss

I'm surprised there aren't any anime reviewers who are willing to do videos on poo poo like this. We've got enough ~wacky hijinks oh boy this show sure is bad huh!~ shows to last a lifetime, why don't more people put out poo poo like Oancitizen, ComicHistorian, SFDebris or hell even AE Podcast? Really get inside and explore the background, politics, history and ideas in a show/movie/wrestling thing/comic/etc.?

I'm honestly really tired of the TGWTG style of "Hey let me simply describe literally the entire film but with jokes!" thing. It can be done well no doubt, all the people I went over do work in that style and people like Lupa can make it work, but it's just kind of getting stale to be honest.

I'd love for a show to not even go into specifics in a film, like do a retrospective on found footage, explore how the Blair Witch used it's marketing campaign to a genius extent and made it work, look at how films like Unfriended are pushing that idea even further, explore the V/H/S series.

Hell, we're on an anime track here, do a series on the role of voice actors, the background of famous series and what they did/why they succeeded/failed etc. There's just so much fertile ground to explore and work with that it sucks so many people are stuck in a weird rut.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Jay O posted:

This is not what brings in the clicks, though. My most-watched videos are "reviews" of titty shows and the Digimon retrospectives. Play to the children/adult-children, that's the bread and butter.

I'd argue your retrospective is in the vein of what I mean, you're still doing kind of an episode by episode thing, but poo poo that series 3 retrospective was legitimately really interesting, mainly because the subject, a really trippy way too dark show for kids, was interesting on it's own. I guess I just don't want people to keep making plot point by plot point breakdowns because at the end of the day are you're really doing is just making a MST3K thing.

Linkara does VERY clearly wanna be MST3K, but unfortunately he's honestly not that funny. Where he excels though is going into the nitty gritty of why things are terrible. His absolute best videos are easily his Identity Crisis ones with the Titans videos being a close second. He had some baffling point that he doesn't do modern events and things because "it pisses people off?" which is absurd.

Again, comics has a ton of poo poo to explore that isn't another review of Kool Aid Man issue #45 or whatever. If he wants to do a lovely event he can get mock angry at and still be interesting he can do Blackest Night, Fear Itself or hell, he can do Civil War.

SFDebris has hit that sweet spot of doing comedy and interesting looks into the deeper thoughts and issues in what he looks at, he's not just going for easy targets for jokes

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 20, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Jay O posted:

But yeah, the Koolaid Man comics and whatnot are a complete waste of everyone's time. He might just genuinely not be interested in talking about better material, but given the Longbox of the Damned type stuff, I'm not sure that's true. The I ONLY "REVIEW" (RIFF) BAD THINGS hill is still a crap hill to die on, though. Talk about bad things, then talk about mediocre things, talk about good things, round yourself out, open a dialogue. None of them are MST3K, I do not understand the nerd obsession with wanting to be comedians despite not apparently knowing what jokes are.

I truly don't understand that weird "UH, I BELIEVE YOU FORGET IT'S CALLED WHERE BAD COMICS BURN?" thing. Why would you be so adamant about limiting yourself? The dude can review a video game that's in no way based on comics or do a long rear end Pokemon LP but talking about non poo poo comics is where he draws the line?

I honestly just rewatched that Kool-Aid thing for a refresher and good god it's the same "This doesn't make logical sense!" joke a million times over. There's literally nothing to talk about, why is that worth looking at and not Infinite Crisis, Watchmen, From Hell or a million other actually interesting things?

If you're actually interested Jay, check out Comics Explained, he actually goes deeper into topics of storylines and things and is very beginner friendly and interesting for example, here's a look at Ultron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT2W4wi66kQ

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

I'll go ahead and say wrestling analysis belongs in this thread, since that medium hits more nerd checkboxes than you'd think (obsessive fans, peaks and valleys of mainstream coverage, complex and sometimes convoluted mythology).

Work of Wrestling is a pretty good attempt at treating pro wrestling like a legitimate art form and analyzing the storylines with a straight face.

http://www.workofwrestling.com/

Personally, I think pro wrestling is at a fascinating period right now. WWE and their outdaded philosophies still dominate the mainstream view of wrestling, but there has been a resurgence of indie wrestling, New Japan is gaining more American attention, and Lucha Underground is breaking ground with the way they inject grindhouse/telenovela elements into wrestling, creating a product that's fresh and exciting.

Basically the way JO feels about anime, I feel the way about wrestling. There was a dark period for a long time, but things are slowly recovering and today there are more ways to watch wrestling than ever. A new boom period feels like it's just around the corner if the right stars click and the booking is on-point.

By "right stars" I mean Shinsuke Nakamura and Prince Puma. Sorry Vince, nobody cares about Roman Reigns.

NXT is going to have a hand in securing that boom period in my opinion. A lot of the reason WWE is so stagnant now is Vince is stuck in a mindset of "I know better than the fans, they'll take what they get." which is where you'll get rewrites that happen literally right before the show starts, Roman getting crammed into people's throats, people just sort of falling off the face of the planet after being fan favorites. It's all that brass ring bullshit.

HHH is running NXT and it's clearly heads and shoulders above the main product, I feel like as soon as Vince retires and HHH takes over we're going to see WWE get a giant increase in quality. Add to that New Japan's general amazing quality and Lucha Underground slowly getting amazing, I really wish it was on another channel in all honesty so it'd be easier to catch, and we're very clearly getting close to some amazing stuff in the future.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

achillesforever6 posted:

Brad's been posting some images of the shoot for the AT4W movie and its good to know that Linkara probably paid people to make his movie look good

That looks....shockingly well done.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DStecks posted:

South Park targets people indiscriminate of the political spectrum, in theory the Daily Show isn't any different; the difference is that when Jon Stewart does it, it's a matter of "we make fun of stupid wherever we see it", whereas South Park often comes off as "anybody with a strong opinion on something is dumb".

This is pretty much the main issue. It's not taking shots at both sides, that is really not an issue at all, both Liberals and Conservatives do dumb poo poo, but this stupid idea that literally every single issue, no matter how clear cut, is between two sides full of raving lunatics and the ~truth is in the middle~.

South Park in general is really really REALLY embarrassing when it does political stuff.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Mine is Where Do Broken Hearts Go? by Whitney Houston.

Whitney Houston is one of the greatest musical talents in history so I'm pleased by this.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DoctorWhat posted:

sup boyz II men brother :smith::respek::smith:

Boys II Men rule though, this isn't a bad thing.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
TVTropes biggest sin is that it's created a whole lot of people who no longer will look into the deeper meanings and ideas behind technical choices, plot elements and themes in a work and instead will go "Well that's obviously a Draco in a Leather Coat who is a Complete Monster dealing with the Moral Event Horizon and...". Essentially turning film, books and games into a checklist of tropes they recognize. It just seems boring to me.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
All you need to know about DSP is that he's a grown adult who still blames his controller when he loses fighting games online. He will then call anyone who beats him either a scrub or a fat loser who is too good at a video game.

To go into more detail: DSP's biggest problem is that when he fucks up or dies in a game, he will immediately jump to it being bad game design or some sort of malfunction with his controller even if it was entirely his fault. He does this for every single game he has ever played.I think making 5 hour long compilations of his poo poo is kinda weird, but I've never in my life seen someone play games worse than him.

Like, he'll play Metal Gear Solid 2 and the game will straight up say "Don't bump into or touch enemies while disguised or you'll be caught" and he'll immediately jump into the first guard he sees and start screaming about how unfair it is because the game never told him that would happen.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 6, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Wheat Loaf posted:

:stare: Sometimes I wonder if I'm being a sucker for making law school my target...

In all fairness there's no loving way the dude can afford all that with his level of popularity. I'm checking his videos now and he has thousands upon thousands of videos and a ton of them have maybe like 5,000 views at the absolute most, with most of them sitting at 1,000 views or so. Maybe he's getting cash due to the sheer volume he produces, the guy has over 34,000 loving videos but I can not imagine the guy can live high hog on that level of money.

Maybe someone with better knowledge of youtube views=cash could help but I have a feeling he's assuming he's gonna make a boatload of money and he's about to get into a whooooole lotta debt.

V----Just checked, he does have a Patreon which sits at $1,220.07 per month. Yeah, he's about to get himself into some money issues if he thinks he can afford a car and a home in a gated community with that.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 6, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Calico Heart posted:

I don't know if they count but I legit had to stop watching Video Games Awesome because Fraser is so dumb. He actually sees the world through a child's eyes and watching him play games with any kind of choice system involved is boring because he always picks the most immoral option and says "It's what needs to be done!"

I had to stop because of him as well. Watching someone do bad is funny sometimes, but it's pretty amazing to watch someone who isn't DSP be so baffled/bad at video games and then throw tantrums.

The best moment was when he was playing Walking Dead and people jokingly called him a sociopath for choosing all the immoral/hosed up options and he got legitimately really angry and started banning people in the chat.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Calico Heart posted:

This particular instance was he had to choose between two guys in the Game of Thrones game to be his Sentinel (Idk I assume like a General or something). When he chose Guy1, Guy2 was a little pissy but fine. Guy2 then said "hey we shouldn't go to war with a much larger army that would obviously beat us with ease when we have the option to negotiate peacefully" and Fraser's moron brain could somehow only interpret this information as "Haha this guy is jealous I didn't pick him, what an rear end in a top hat.

I'm kind of hoping that he gets put in his place and all his men die but he was honestly so irritating and stupid in that moment I had to stop watching.

Fraser's biggest issue is that it seems like he's way more intent on trying to be a WACKY CHARACTER instead of just playing the game so he loses focus. This is pretty evident whenever they play RPGs and he just skips a ton of dialogue and then acts confused when he doesn't understand what the hell is going on or why things or happening.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Honestly, even professional reviewers use footage from films and media in their reviews. This idea that needing footage is somehow an indictment on the person's ability is pretty absurd. Angry Joe nearly crying in that video was really stupid I'll admit though, the dude should have just said "Welp, not doing Nintendo stuff anymore!" there's a million more non-Nintendo games he could look at.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I feel like the only person who really really really likes Into Darkness. I've seen people spit pure venom at it and I found it to be a really fun sci-fi action movie. I guess I can see that that's almost the opposite of what Star Trek should be, but I find Star Trek in general to be intolerably boring most of the time so I guess I'm biased.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

OldMemes posted:

Star Trek Into Darkness honestly rides a lot on Beneditch Cumberbatch's performance. He doesn't nail Khan, but he's fun as the bad guy. Honestly, it's ok as a "sci fic action film that uses the Star Trek mythos". The biggest issues with it are Peter Weller's awakard War on Terror analogy character, the GET IT?! GET IT?! reference/inversion to Star Trek 2. Oh, and the fact that the final showdown with the bad guy happens OFF SCREEN.

They've got a fine set-up for the last action scene - Kirk is seriously injured, and needs Khan's blood. Fair enough. Khan and Spock are having an exciting fight! How will Spock overpower this superman? The suspense!

And then the film cuts, and we're told that Spock won, Kirk got better, and Khan just got sealed back into his pod. Ok? Did they lose a few pages of the script?

JJ Abrams did pretty good with those two movies, honestly, but Into Darkness has issues. I'm looking forward to what he's going to do with Star Wars.

I will easily admit the ending was really weirdly rushed and them immediately going for a remake of Spock's death in Wrath only to immediately reverse it was incredibly lame but I REALLY liked Cumberbatch's performance as Khan. I would have much preferred if you took out Weller's entire villain turn and just stuck totally to Khan as a villain. As it is we get and awesome performance of Khan who gets undercut when he has to be an ally for way too long.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

PiedPiper posted:

Can I appeal to the collective mind of SA? I want to check out some good comic book videos (reviews, video essays, etc.) but don't know where to start. Also, the less "humor" and sketches there are, the better.

Comics Explained is a good start, he has literally no sketches and looks at a ton of different stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/fluidicbeats

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 3, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Youtube is telling me that this does not exist

For some reason the forum was cutting off the name or something

https://www.youtube.com/user/fluidicbeats

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Spoony seems to be really stuck in a rut about being his Spoony "I HATE EVERYTHING" character.

Guys live AVGN and Nostalgia Critic have side projects where they discuss stuff they love. Hell, James' Monster Madness stuff is actually way more interesting and fun than any of his AVGN stuff, the same could be said of Disneycember for Doug.

I'd really like if Spoony started a side project on stuff he actually really loved, I've mentioned before but I'd bet he's have a ton of fun reviewing old wrestling shows he actually loves or even games he enjoys. The Ultima stuff was actually really fun before he got to 9, even 8 was fun because he outlined concrete reasons why it failed.

Him having a side project like Monster Madness would also increase his output since he could easily do it fairly quickly if he really loved what he was talking about.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
JP3 is best described as an amusement park ride. It feels like the director is behind you at all times going "LET'S GO LET'S GO LET'S GO MOVE MOVE MOVE NEXT SCENE" for most of it. You'll get slower scenes but they are drowned out by the film moving at a breakneck pace. This leads to an incredibly abrupt ending that feels like the director ran out of time and just said "gently caress it."

Lost World feels like it takes ages and is just boring most of the time. It is WAY better than 3 if only because the raptors in the grass sequence kicks rear end.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Haven't not seen JW yet and going off trailers but wouldn't the excessive gore and violence also coincide with the face that the trailers say the new dino is killing purely for sport? Not so much 'being a freak' more that they've managed to create a dinosaur that thrives off violence and death? Also, does the new dino really give orders to other dinosaurs like the trailer implies? That's really kind of stupid

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Aren't all the things being killed in Doom literal demons and monsters? How is this some horrifying indictment on modern gaming? Doom's been doing this poo poo since the 90's.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I understand being grossed out and I;m totally fine with finding it stupid or juvenile, but it's when people act like fans cheering for a Doom trailer showing gore is this terrifying indictment of modern gaming and go "This is modern game design" :smug: that I roll my eyes.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 15, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

e X posted:

Wrestling cameos in any 80/90s show are the best thing ever due to the fact how loving serious everybody treats them.

In fairness you have to keep in mind how loving absurdly massive wrestling actually was in the mid to late 90's.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Impermanent posted:

Who are the good game reviewer types similar to Jimquisition? About the only vidja gamez people I follow are him and Bunnyhop guy, who is great for different reasons.

Kimble Justice posts in the thread and is pretty great. If you want a nice variety of topics explored, including tv shows about video games, Kimble's a great choice.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Beefstew posted:

Okay, people are apparently too slow to get it, so I'm going to link the version that's more your speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcvfPGORYI

Okay am I the only one who is honestly getting tired of this joke? It was funny at the start, but this weird thing about "Better steer the conversation back from this one topic!" using it is grinding the joke into the ground.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 8, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

dreezy posted:

So what exactly is the deal with the Your Movie Sucks dot org guy? Someone linked me his After Earth review and it was mostly memes and labored bullshit

While I agree he does overdo it with memes at times, he does have REALLY good Top 10 movies lists which are full of really interesting foreign and indie films that are really awesome for finding out films you never heard of. His After Earth review isn't his best, I'd say check out his SAW retrospective and his Top 10's, the SAW one is really fun and you can tell he had a blast looking at those dumbass movies and his Top 10s, as I said before, are really awesome looks at lesser known movies of the past few years.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Does Doug still do Chuck Norris jokes because holy poo poo that's one of the most dated jokes I've ever seen, it was dated as hell back in 2010 when he was doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Writer Cath posted:

Would you mind posting a link to this? I remember being so completely :geno: by the revelation.

I feel like it's one of those things where you can see a kernel of a really interesting idea that, with a really good writer, could have been a loving awesome feud" Rikishi was super over then and a heel turn could have been really well done. The problem was it lasted, poo poo like a month? Then Austin went straight into a HHH feud and Rikish became a lovely midcard heel. The worst part is that we're VERY closer to Mania now so Austin being mega pissed at HHH and then teaming with him happen in an absurdly short amount of time

Mania X7 is loving amazing and I reccomend anyone who is even barely interested in wrestling check it out, but good lord aside from Austin's frankly amazing heel turn (his promo with JR on Smackdown is some of his best work ever . We enter into some dark times afterwards.

• Locked thread