Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Does anyone else have a hard time watching videos on phelous.com on mobile devices? When I try to watch videos on my iPad the sidebar covers up part of the right part of the video player and makes it so I can't fullscreen the video. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Cool, I like the sound of a more casual, off-the-cuff style comedy review show. Maybe you could even occasionally bring in a guest or two. Kind of like what RLM does with Best of the Worst but focused on a single movie. Good luck with the new(ish) show!

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

BigRed0427 posted:

(After last night WWE just isn't for me anymore, I have to start watching other companies.)

Not to start a huge derail but what the hell happened with WWE the other night? I keep hearing people refer to it in grave tones on Twitter and elsewhere but I can't figure out what exactly happened. :confused:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Miss Wallace posted:

Also they only just now bought a score board.

I'm going to reserve praise until I know whether or not it's just a piece of butcher paper taped to the wall.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Miss Wallace posted:

The premiere of Movie Nights, Kindergarten Ninja, is now public! The ghost of Bruce Lee must set a NFL superstar on the right path. There are also children.

http://phelous.com/2015/01/29/obscurus-lupa/movienights/movie-nights-kindergarten-ninja/

Holy cow this movie looks amazing. I need to track this down.

Also if I had to guess this movie is probably called Kindergarten Ninja to capitalize on Kindergarten Cop, which only came out... four years prior.

Look I never said it was timely capitalization.

Great first episode. :)

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
By the way Allison, have you heard of the Librarian trilogy? I just saw my copies of it and they strike me as something you'd like. They're a trilogy of campy made-for-TV movies that were more than a little inspired by Indiana Jones with a tiny bit of Warehouse 13 sprinkled in. They also partially star a magical Bob Newhart.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Miss Wallace posted:

I've watched some of the TV show; it's alright.

Wait, there's a TV show now? And it doesn't even star Noah Wyle? :psyduck: Thanks for mentioning it I need to go check that out.

Oh wait no I can't because TNT won't let me watch online unless I have cable. Thanks TNT you're a real peach. :argh:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Kunster posted:

Did F-Plus stop doing poo poo like supporting Autism Speaks?

What? I'm pretty sure you have them confused with someone else. The F Plus is a podcast about reading gross poo poo and bad poetry on the Internet.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

PresidentBeard posted:

Hey I'm not willing to assume. Maybe he hangs out with people who are just not pathetic enough to want to appear in his super embarrassing videos.

I mean, he seems to be popular with people I follow from the Channel Awesome crew, like Lindsay, and seems to be a decent guy in other contexts. I just wish he'd be a little more self-critical. Realize stuff like, for example, that his weird hang-ups about "dudebro jocks invading my games and ruining them! :argh:" is just a specific facet of the mindset that causes many gamers to react with extreme hostility to anyone they perceive as trying to invade and alter their culture like, say, a woman critiquing video games from a feminist perspective.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Kunster posted:

Stuff reminds me of this poo poo.

Actually that person is also wrong. Poe just enjoyed writing literary markov chains onto pieces of paper. Any resemblance to reason or conscious thought is purely accidental.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Rebochan posted:

I think most girls in the 90s either had an Olsen twins phase or had a friend was into it. I guess that extended to the early 2000s as well.

Actually, it's kind of impressive that neither one of them has had some kind of dramatic self-destruction as adults given how hard they themselves were pushed as a product.

You obviously missed Mary Kate's battle with anorexia and the resulting media frenzy. There was a good year where I couldn't walk past a checkout counter without seeing a picture of her looking increasingly like a skeleton.

I think she's okay now, thankfully.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
poo poo, we summoned the Care Bears. Dammit.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Everyone stop arguing right now and watch this Phelous video with adblock disabled so he can recoup the $300 he spent on this.

https://phelous.com/2015/02/18/phelous/bootleg-zones/bootleg-zones-evil-stick/

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea people like Scar because he's a great villain, he revels in being a poo poo, has a catchy song, and looks neat and distinct. If the intent was to go 'lookit this gay HATE HIM' they really hosed up.

I think the intent was more "lookit this Fop HATE HIM" but unfortunately for the movie society doesn't really consider "acting fabulous" and "aspiring above one's position" to be inherently wicked traits anymore. So take away his Fop qualities and he's practically Macbeth, which thoroughly upgrades him to "tragic hero" status. :v:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

They're asking if he's autistic.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
You know what? Never mind. This isn't a dialogue I want to enter.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 13, 2015

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Hey look Allison, Phelan, and Brad round up the gang again for Puss 'n' Boots aka A Stalking Cat!? in which Ash wishes to contact her agent.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Mreoooooowwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrr

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

ApeHawk posted:

Because he found himself early in high school with the only clique that would accept him and he hasn't separated himself from that ever since in hopes that he would find more friends that way.

Good lord. Imagine The Debbies from The Oblongs except everyone's dressed like a pirate and carries a full glass of whisky around everywhere.

Another hilarious video btw, H-Bomb. I should check out out your Let's Plays some time.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Your bitch!? When did she get to be your bitch!

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Zephirum posted:

Rich Evans sounds exactly the same

If anything his voice was slightly deeper when he was younger.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Gyges posted:

Mostly the former. They have an automated system that actively looks for potential infringement and have their dispute system set up in favor of complainants.

In favor of "complainants" is the important word here. Not "copyright holders", and there have indeed been problems with people getting their own original work on YouTube claimed by a third party and being kinda stuck because when disputing there's no option for "Actually I own this content" or even "The complainant doesn't own the content they're claiming" which has created a system that accommodates copyright trolls who claim content on random things and bank on the people they target being too scared of copyright strikes to contest, using that to steal ad revenue from people.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Kalos posted:

I honestly appreciate everyone taking the time to do synopses, categorize things, and find their favorite recommendations but holy poo poo I could not watch a single one of these all the way to the end.

Did you try watching one of his Bootleg Zone episodes? Those are probably Phelan at his most low-key.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Darth Walrus posted:

I've already quoted parts from this section, but Imma just quote the whole thing here because it's so deeply, deeply strange:

This article writer is so good at willfully missing the point she beat Aban Hawkins and the 1001 Spikes with zero deaths.

e: WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN MOVIE NIGHT'S EPISODE 2 ON THUNDER IN PARADISE GOES WILD ON YOU?

The next episode on French Puss and Boots is up on Phelous' website too.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 23, 2015

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

stillvisions posted:

Or 45 minutes stuck on an airport shuttle to MAGFest while someone talked at me about Battletoads.

Sheesh, did Diabetus at least give you an autograph afterwards?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
e: Whoops, didn't mean to post.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Apparently Brad is going to be involved with the AT4W: The Movie. He's just about to go on a 10-day shoot.

You know, Brad, when you said "Everyone needs a Battlefield Earth on their resume" that's "a", as in "singular". :cheeky:

(Joking aside I can see the AT4W movie being fun as long as it's self-aware about how goofy it is. Though I am concerned that the movie's going to be completely impenetrable to someone (like me) who hasn't really kept up with AT4W's increasingly elaborate backstory)

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Mraagvpeine posted:

This isn't related to the Escapist, or anything/anyone in particular, but just in general. Is it weird to dislike someone/something for any number of reasons, but still respecting their thoughts and opinions about any subject, be it anime or movies or novels or what have you?

Of course. I have that relationship with Yahtzee Croshaw. I don't agree with most of his opinions, and I strongly suspect he's a bad person ("la la la I can't hear you if I pretend social injustice doesn't exist then it doesn't") but I still enjoy reading his opinions because of how refreshingly different they are, and how he at least has salient reasonings behind them.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Tracula posted:

Not to bitch about Radiodrome (like I always do) but is there any rhyme or reason to how they censor that show? I hear oval office and gently caress get bleeped out but on the latest episode, 244, Josh called someone a "little ginger human being" and it got through no problem. :stare:

Why on earth are you still listening to Radiodrome. Brad isn't even on there anymore.

e: I am genuinely curious. I never listened to Radiodrome because Josh sounds like a repugnant human being and I'm curious if the rest of the show is actually good enough to make up for his presence.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 21, 2015

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
WTF I've never even heard of SWV or their apparent hit "Weak".

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
One time he uploaded a video that still contained multiple takes of the same line. Dude's just kind of a sloppy editor. I wonder if it's a problem with his editing software.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

lornekates posted:

Just saw this posted on Twitter:

BTW Brad's posting about it on Twitter now and he seems to have things taken care of.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Jack Gladney posted:

He subjects himself to a much worse strain of cultural detritus to get those jokes too. It took his health. And his hair.

The movies Brad reviews are like a steak, in that most of the time an animal died in the production.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Miss Wallace posted:

And another Baywatching! I know, it's not Jurassic Park, but it'll have to do.
http://phelous.com/2015/06/12/obscurus-lupa/baywatching/baywatching-big-monday/

I can see Mitch's soulmate being a mysterious man who gives Mitch the credit for all his own saves. :allears:

Also I know the episode isn't public yet but holy cow the Gilligan's Island episode is amazing. :magical: I hope this doesn't mean the show has peaked already, 'cause that's gonna be hard to beat in silliness.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
At least TGWTG doesn't pretend to pay its content producers, which doesn't make them less scummy but it does at least make them not crooks.

Though TGWTG makes up for it in emotional abusiveness.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Spark That Bled posted:

Rantasmo's done a video on Boat Trip. It's a comedy about two loser straight guys who go on a gay cruise by mistake.

Man, videos like this are why I never got into Rantasmo's videos. Like, sure, this movie exists. So? I feel like he could have spun out the idea of "gay panic comedies" into a longer video examining their place in our cinema and in our culture at large, giving some other examples of media where it has popped up or, like this movie, been the central conceit of it. Or just gone a little more in depth into the culture that spawned this terrible movie. Or just riffed on the drat thing. But he never does anything like that. He never really makes any broader points, or if he does, never expands on them. It makes his videos seem really shallow to me and it's frustrating because I'd love to see more queer cinema critics like Infamous Sphere but Raz just doesn't deliver for me. :(

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 28, 2015

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
The fact that Lindsay and Todd haven't been dating for a year makes all the morons on Twitter constantly going "Lindsay is using her vagina powers over Todd to turn him into an SJW! :byodood:" even more hilarious.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Miss Wallace posted:

Hahaha, okay, here is the actual script excerpt, I screen capped it because it needs to be seen to be believed:

Oh my god are you kidding me Doug you complete manchild.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

WickedHate posted:

I don't care to watch the video poparena, but is the channel you trash Twin Perfect? Their fans are obnoxious some times but all the points TP themselves are pretty great and as far as I'm aware don't get anything wrong.

Nah, TP are also toxic people who have an alarming tendency to create a conclusion first and then seek out evidence that supports that conclusion while ignoring evidence that contradicts it and then declaring that they are right and anyone who disagrees with them is a, quote, "retard".

WickedHate posted:

Similarly, just because geeks can be insufferable doesn't mean everything in with "Silent Hill" in the name that isn't made by Team Silent is a billion times worse than the Star Wars prequels. That's not even hyperbole, they make Attack of the Clones look like The Empire Strikes Back.

"Everything with "Silent Hill" in the name that isn't made by Team Silent is a billion times worse than the Star: Wars prequels." is an opinion held by TP.

It isn't, however, an opinion espoused in the video so I'm confused as to why you brought it up.

e: I just finished the video, so my thoughts. I liked it. It was a good overview of the Silent Hill series I thought and an interesting discussion on canon and fan expectations and how they can stifle creativity and stagnate franchises. I thought the Twin Perfect rant was unnecessary and bogged down the video, as I'm of the opinion that TP deserves as little attention as possible, but it was only a small part of an otherwise interesting video.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I remember it being funny.

I do not know why it's still going.

Spoony.txt :smith:

• Locked thread