Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radlum
May 13, 2013

Cubey posted:

Nonono, he's talking about the brand of HIS underwear while she is wearing them. It's a very clumsy-sounding line, although yeah that line in Deuces and HEFTY BAG are probably worse.

I thought that Chris Brown lyric on the next song was worse. For a dumb boy band song, that 5SOS was standard, I expected worse. Anyway, good start so far. I love these lists, though I find myself liking the "Best of" ones more, pop music is mostly terrible, so it's nice to see someone finding some value there (even if we get the ocassional Katy Perry or Flo Rida on the list)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013

ZakAce posted:

List time! I already dissected the list on my blog, so it's potted summary time.

10) gently caress Macklemore? More like gently caress YES Macklemore. Haters all the way to the left, please. Not saying people can't criticise the guy (for one, he's a major dork), but I think he gets way too much hate. The only nitpick I have here is that I wish Todd had mentioned the hip-hop legends on the track: Kool Moe Dee, Grandmaster Caz and Melle Mel.

9) I have 1989 on my iTunes, so I've listened to this song a lot. I like it, it's pretty.

8) Yes, Elle King is related to Rob Schneider, but she was brought up by her mum, so don't let him get in the way. Besides, this song is fun.

7) Ah, Big Sean. This song is too stupid to hate.

6) Yay, The Weeknd. (Although I like 'The Hills' a lot more than Todd does).

5) Some people think this song is boring: not me.

4) Diplo may be an obnoxious dickhead, but he knows how to craft a good beat.

3) I don't care if this song is too 'commercial' or w/e, I'm too busy bopping.

2) Remember when Demi Lovato was boring? I'm sure even people who don't like this song can agree that it's better than 'I Kissed A Girl'?

Hon mentions:
I've listened to 'Hello' properly now, and this song gives me the shivers. No wonder Adele can't properly replicate the singing on this song when she does it live.
Carly Rae Jepsen's management are incompetent, end of.
Still love Uptown Funk!

1) Oh holy poo poo YES. I love this song so much.

Man, I like pretty much all of the songs here. That's never happened before.

(Link to the post on my blog if anyone's interested: https://zakace.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/todd-in-the-shadows-best-songs-of-2015-list-commentary/)

Agree with pretty much everything here, except for the number 1, mostly because this was the first time I heard the song and I knew all the other songs on the list, including the Honorable Mentions. Still, pretty good list; the last couple of years I've liked Todd's list more.

• Locked thread