Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
For brand food reviews, there's this really great blog called Brand Eating; the guy updates with what chains or supermarket brands are going to release, with details like locations, dates, special deals, etc. And if it's available nearby, he'll buy the product and try it himself. There's even updates to what chains release in the international sphere, it's pretty fascinating since it's stuff you probably won't ever see in the States since we're marketed to differently.

http://www.brandeating.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Equeen posted:

I don't really follow Paw, but that baby :kimchi:

Same, the kid's shaping up to be a healthy lil' guy. :3:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Assassination Classroom is kind of a better read than it is a watch in my opinion.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Brad deserves better and I pray for the best for him.

Also love the new Baywatching. drat, that ep was just... Talk about sending all the wrong messages. :psyduck:

edit: drat that dog is adorable though

Compendium fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 14, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I recall that Kana Ueda mentioned at this year's Sakuracon, that the studio ufotable has the actors voice the lines and then they do all the art and animation. Another small exception

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Can't say I didn't see that coming, but not for the reason I thought it would be.

On a more on-topic side of things, I haven't been watching any NC lately, not since the dramabomb even if there were some things I agreed with some of the insights in the reviews. Still going strong on Cinema Snob and Baywatching though.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

DoctorWhat posted:

why did this forum tolerate a known incest-pedo for so long, especially one as insufferable and incessant as WickedHate?

The dim hope of developing self-awareness and tact? :frog:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Black or White by Michael Jackson for me.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I like eggs.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I've been burnt out on Marvel Movies after being satisfied with Guardians of the Galaxy so I didn't follow any news for a while. I think it helped because I came in with no expectations for Age of Ultron so I was able to enjoy it for what it is and hey, it got me to watch Daredevil on Netflix to soothe that comic book hero itch and I'm glad. Daredevil is good.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

KayTee posted:

No one I have spoken to has a problem with the Magic Pool of Dreams at the Centre of the Earth. The film has a Magic Pool of Dreams at the Centre of the Earth.

You'd think some people would, I certainly did since it was super contrived even with the film being contrivance 101 itself.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Tracula posted:

I know there was an Ask/Tell thread a while ago about artists taking commissions but it went into the abyss pretty quick when they talked about having to draw all kinds of fetish stuff and how at a point, regardless of the money, they had to say no.

Yeah, there are people out there who will throw ridiculous amounts of money at artists if it means they can get their fetish drawn. I remember having a discussion with a friend about how the furry fandom have people that spend ludicrous amounts of cash for furry art.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Miss Wallace posted:

New Baywatching! Eddie is accused of statutory rape. Hilarious!
http://phelous.com/2015/05/14/obscurus-lupa/baywatching/baywatching-the-trophy/

The punchline is, "Baywatch!"

No, but seriously, good god. :stare:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Arcsquad12 posted:

Because you guys got me talking about Extra Credits and the Escapist, I decided to see what their forums were up to. One thread was a weaboo complaining that western animation studios get bigger budgets to work with and how unfair it is that anime does stuff cheaper but still looks just as good and would look better with western budgets. The big thing I noticed however was that they have a new forum called the Games Industry Forum.

It's all Gamergate threads and psycho watchdogs jumping at everything they don't agree with. That shithead site owner has his little playground all set up.

That's pretty funny considering some anime studios are known for being terrible workshops. So yeah, it's cheap, but at the cost of unreasonably exhausting their manpower.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
These behind the scenes revelations are pretty :stare:

Whenever Youtube tries to recommend me anything from Channel Awesome now, I just can't watch any content from them in good conscience anymore.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Well you can still watch videos at least. As previously established, no one on Channel Awesome is a true content creator.

Zing.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Uh guys....?? :stare:

Anyways, I watched the video of Sage's panel at Fanime 2015 and I felt so much secondhand embarrassment at the guy who suggested Sister Princess to him to review... It's always that one guy.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

KKall posted:

If that's how people will react to any toy skull, I'm worried about how the toy skull I've been working on for the past month is going to be received.

Go the 50 Cent route and make sure to cover it with diamonds.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Jay O posted:

Quick notes on the sequels: Fate/stay Night UBW completely Shat The Bed Oh My God You Don't Know You Just Don't Even Know, and it wouldn't be so bad except that Type-Moonies are the literal worst fandom in creation short of maybe bronies but I think they could give the bronies a run for it, because they made managing that show and its editorial a living hell from the beginning but became ten thousand times worse in its second half. Anyway, the second half of FSN UBW was so sanctimonious, anticlimactic, gross, and just plain un-fun that it totally soured the first half for me and a lot of other tentative fans of the new series. (But we're filthy secondaries, so we don't matter to the True Fans.

As someone who followed the ANN reviews from the first season and saw the shitstorm that went down during the second season on the forums... yeaaaah, things could have been better all around, but that's just being optimistic. I'm a fan of the material and I think my criticisms of that anime come from a different place than what was put up.

I will say that I respect you guys for sticking to your guns though. Now, onto Heaven's Feel!! :buddy:

Miss Wallace posted:

And another Baywatching in which Eddie's unbalanced brother comes to town.
http://phelous.com/2015/07/14/obscurus-lupa/baywatching/baywatching-sharks-cove/

Awesome.

Does everyone in the cast have some sort of unbalanced relative/sibling that comes to Baywatch to cause trouble throughout the series? It's a wonderful running theme nonetheless.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

KKall posted:

re: the blip thing,

I have no clue exactly when the site will go down, but I've been in the process of getting my backlog Youtube ready for months now. I might just spend all of September reuploading copyright-friendly edits to my channel. But yeah, the sky has been falling for a while.

It might just be crashing right about now. I can only play my own videos through the Chez Apocalypse site. I can't play it on the blip player at all.

Man, that's gotta take a lot of work and it sucks Blip's about to well, blip out. Still, if your stuff is gonna be on Youtube, I'll be able to marathon it more easily! :)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, Hotel Transylvania was actually pretty decent and a good kid's film.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm not sure what happened in this thread, but I saw a picture of Chris Evan's man chest and that pretty much made up for whatever bs went on in the previous pages.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

KKall posted:

I hate to self-promote on this forum, but I just want to say that I'm very very proud of this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH-E3LsLnaw

That was a wonderful video. Now that you're on Youtube, it'll be easier to marathon your series now!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

MonsieurChoc posted:

Instead, you should feel happiness at learning something new! LEarning and discovering stuff is wonderful and amazing, and you shouldn't feel abd that there'S stuff you don't know. Instead feel great that you're going to experience it for the first time!

That's pretty much how I feel whenever I watch BHH. I love learning things or being reminded of bits of knowledge I even forgot I had in regards to films and their influences.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

KKall posted:

Summer of Shakespeare is finally, FINALLY done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=judjEmaTJAs

Great work as always, especially near the end where you show all the sayings that have melded themselves into our everyday lingo, it's wonderfully fascinating.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
This thread has been going places.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
88 replies, must be GG talk again--

:yikes:

I mean, not that I get to judge really, I post in ADTRW all the time so oh well.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Miss Wallace posted:

Mitch's gold prospector uncle is one of my fave Baywatch trivia facts, I love it so much.

The newest Baywatching eps btw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlvYbL0Sm4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMeJJWi6buI

I just had a crappy morning so I'm glad to see these. :unsmith:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Ah, GG talk, I didn't miss you.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

achillesforever6 posted:

We can do Voice Actor Strike talk, I've come to the realization that so many people hate Troy Baker :smith:

But his voice is so dreamy :smith:

Rhonne posted:

I think it's fair to be tired of him being the main characters in almost everything, but that's not really his fault. It's the fault of the casting directors who keep hiring him to do the same voice in every game.

But that's understandable too.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
GG talk is the worst because it's literally the same repetitive spiral of the same bullshit.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That Midnight Screening of Goosebumps wasn't bad.

edit; I would also like to add that they had a point about the Goosebump books; the illustrated covers were way creepier than what actually went on in the stories.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 17, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

paradoxGentleman posted:

That is certainly trrue, but I remember young me being decently terrified by the puppet ones. He was much crueler than anything else I had read about up until then and it really left an impression.

I would have to reread some Goosebumps in order to refresh my memory about some of the stories because I don't doubt there were some successfully spooky tales; I just remember being more underwhelmed than not.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

i am tim! posted:

Yes, heaven forbid this thread goes on a tangent relevant to a piece of media covered by an internet critic.

KKall posted:

This is why I don't usually talk about video games.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I still remember Kyle's review of "What Is It?" and how it spawned that video of the reenactment of a fanfic where he became a snail.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

FourLeaf posted:

I watched/listened to the Nostalgia Critic's review of Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows while cleaning and I actually laughed. Like, a lot. I forgot he had reviews that were actually funny. Yeah, even this one devolves into screaming/ranting at the very end, but it was still an overall good job lampooning a horrible movie. How things change.

Yeah, for all the past and current faults, there are some NCs that are just, well, fun to watch or listen to. Not much beyond that, but it's a something.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Mraagvpeine posted:

December starts about 2 weeks from now, and that means Doug's Disneycember for this year. I've enjoyed the past Disneycembers (though I felt last year's Studio Ghibli ones were lacking) and looked forward to them each year, but learning all the stuff behind-the-scenes at Channel Awesome left a bad impression, and I'm not sure how to feel about the next month.

Probably not watch them? I haven't watched any new NC stuff for a while after knowing what went down, it's no skin off my back.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
SGF'S Deadly Premonition LP holds up ridiculously well and I keep going back to rewatch all of it a lot of the time.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I would say that this thread is starting to consume itself, but it's always consuming itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

KKall posted:

Ah made a fing about a Jared Leto moovee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2dOuLR-BkI

I watched the review yesterday. Loved it although I will admit my brain started to short circuit when it came to the existentialism explanation. :zombie:

• Locked thread