Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Oh yeah, and Kyle, I wanted to say, despite me not quite getting the existentialism talk, I really liked how you framed it using Skyrim. I think I'll watch that part again so I can better my understanding of it and for fun. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I miss Billy Warlock. Eyebrows, Summer, and Bland Surfer Dude just don't compare to his weenie-ism. :(

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Miss Wallace posted:

Nothing can ever compare. At least he comes back for that Baywatch Nights episode and the movie!

I am full of anticipation! :)

In all seriousness though, as an actor, Billy Warlock definitely seemed to have a one-up on these guys. I mean, yeah, Slade was already not-good to begin with, but Eyebrows and Summer don't have the same energy.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's really a commercial for the new Dragon's Lair movie Don Bluth is a part of. And the real Don Bluth appears in this video.

Whoa.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Infamous Sphere posted:

Alison - excellent review of LIFE SIZE, what the hell was that movie.

This was a good Movie Nights episode though because I actually seen this movie. Several times. Man, I watched weird stuff when I was a kid.

Although this got me thinking about what Phelous and Alison said about the end of the movie where the doll line is saved because of a haircut although there's also the fact that the Tyra doll no longer talks about how great she is. They make it so that the doll says encouraging lines to the girls instead if memory serves me correctly (if not, its been years, slay me)

That said, it was a dumb movie, but somehow very watchable.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Miss Wallace posted:

Okay but how? How did the doll pass on its knowledge to the doll makers??? Did they just find this new haircut doll with new catchphrases and steal it??

The Dark Arts are a frightening supernatural force, I hope our lord and savior Mitch can look into this perplexing case.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Phelous reviews are fine every now and then for me. Like, I just need a phase of the dude ragging on terrible horror movies/cheap animation and then I move on to something else when it gets too grating.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

The real life princess sounds amazing.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Hello is nice.

But I do agree Todd's working with an even more bare bones list this year.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
New BHH video on youtube is good.

edit; gently caress cried at david bowie and winter soldier hayley atwell, CGI IS DUMB.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 21, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I suddenly remember I only visit this thread for Baywatching and BHH, thanks guys.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Late-ish, but finally watched Todd in the Shadows Best of 2k15, I'm stupidly happy Style is no. 1.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Puppy Time posted:

I don't always agree with his taste, but I appreciate how well he expresses it. It's actually kind of a shame the "best of" vids are so unpopular, since I like them about equally to the "worst of."

Yeah, even if I don't agree with him at times, his list this year is pretty solid. #1 song I really love because I can see it staying strong over the years unlike the other songs from the 1989 album.

That, and it's a great song to listen to while driving down the road as the sun sets. Rather specific, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Jsor posted:

Man, there's a difference between the clips Todd shows and the real thing. I didn't get why he hated Shawn Mendes' Stitches so much. But now that my doctor is 45min late and I've heard the office radio play it like 3 times? Holy poo poo play anything else.

At first I was okay with Stitches, but it really starts to grate on your nerves with multiple hearings.

• Locked thread