Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Rebochan posted:

...actually, I still haven't watched much of SF Debris, so I guess it says something about how much I hate this episode to come and watch him tackle this. I... really need to watch the rest of his stuff. Any recommendations on where to start?

Maybe his Star Trek film reviews? You can watch them straight through because he reviewed them in order. I occasionally put them on for noise because his commentary is just enjoyable to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

I like your reviews. They are worth my dollars. I am presently watching you read Sonichu Anatomy. Why am I paying to be hurt in this way.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Does anyone know, or has he announced, where SF Debris is moving? I'd be immensely disappointed if his body of work is lost. And if no one has picked him up, why on Earth not?!

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Arcsquad12 posted:

Moviebob has a new television program length video talking about why National Lampoon's Vacation and how it's the greatest thing in existence. Honestly, what is the loving point of these videos? If the films are "Really that good" as the title purports, most people know they're good and why they're good. What new insight is Bob going to give apart from orgasming for a half hour about how great his childhood movies were?

Call me uncultured swill, but I don't mind the "Really That Good" series. There's something to be said for not having to feign hating everything. I think he's probably attempting to turn the reviewer format around by dissecting good pieces, which, like you said, don't necessarily have as many easy targets as bad works. Now, you are right that he's so far been picking only works he's already familiar with. It would be an improvement to see him look at some more modern works that us fogeys-in-waiting will poo-poo when the drat kids get older.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

I'm glad you got clear. But I'm also still on your Patreon and am still willing to chip in to listen to you talk about stuff. I for one really enjoyed the Sir Billi review. But no malice if you'd rather just be out for good. Thanks for the ride.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

DStecks posted:

I'm just done Sonichu. This summer has gotten me into a very productive place, and I want to start channeling that into other efforts. I'm planning to start working on a video game that I'm making with a coworker. And eventually there will be more Bad Reviews. But I'm probably going to take a nice long hiatus now.

That's cool. I had hoped you weren't launching a new website just to retire. Be well!

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

With Rogue One I've started to notice these clickbait "explanation" videos, which seem really baffling because they're always for the simplest things. CGI Tarkin Explained, Rogue One Ending Explained.

RIght now I'm looking at a thumbnail of a video titled "Star Wars Carrie Fisher RIP Princess Leia and Rogue One Explained". I really want to click it, but that would mean I've already lost.

Could this be the return to the "Reply Videos" that plagues YouTube years back? I almost kind of miss them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

I know we're not supposed to like anything around here, but I'm really disappointed to learn that Jafari is yet another internet rear end in a top hat. The one video he did was p funny. gently caress him, racist prick.

• Locked thread