Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How do you guys feel about ChaosD1 with his show MMO Grinder and Tyger with his show MUD2MMO? Just tossing out a couple of names.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I was skimming the older thread and noticed that no one talked about his Inuyasha review. I would've thought there would be some reaction to his... skit in there.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

... the former...

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Some of my favorite Phelous videos are the Pulse ones, especially where he rages over the Internet Ghosts and the in-canon(?) reason why he wears red.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Tyger runs a show called MUD2MMO where he talks about aspects of video games, gamers, the culture, the industry and, on rare occasions, nostalgic music. I watched his videos before he was on Channel Awesome (and the old stuff can be found here) and his newest one is about nostalgia. He also has a Patreon.

I learned about him from ChaosD1 and his MMO Grinder show, which I'll put up later.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

With the drama at CA, I'm a little paranoid at what might have really gone down at Mythbusters. Probably nothing as dramatic, but you never know.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What song was Todd playing at the beginning?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I would think Wiggle would have that spot, if not in the top 5.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Called it, Wiggle is #1.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Wasn't there a fan theory that the "real world" was part of a Matrix? That there were different levels of the Matrix and humans were given the illusion of freedom.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

http://marzgurl.tumblr.com/post/109013296182/thoughts-on-our-premiere-of-farewell-famikamen

I wish I could've been there to see it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Miss Wallace posted:

Thanks for the support on the first Movie Nights ep! Filmed another one today on a terrible sasquatch movie.

Did you get Brad in on the action?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Sorry, but who's Nash?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Is it bannable in the rest of the forum?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I love Todd's love/hate relationship with Katy Perry.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

That's sad to hear.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Huh, no one (including me) noticed that SF Debris is looking at System Shock 2 for the next 3 weeks.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm still waiting for him to do "What is Love?" by Haddaway.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I know people have a sour opinion of Doug and Channel Awesome right now, but I was curious to see how he was going to end his Matrix month. I gotta say, the plot twist at the end was surprising.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Would American Pie (the song) qualify?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Vicas posted:

The Top 10 Worst Hit Songs of 1942

I thought the earliest Billboard was 1946.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

How do you feel about Bennett the Sage?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Thankfully she ended up better off than Lindsay Lohan. Now there's a tragic story.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

As long as no one requests him to look at any of the weird (Sci Fifantasy and/or magical fantasy) anime Bennett looks at, I think his sanity will stay relatively the same.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

@ the people complaining about the Nostalgia Critic: I want to say that the show is hit-or-miss. Sometimes he makes good reviews along with goodish skits (The Last Airbender, Les Miserables), and other times he doesn't (Matrix month, though I admit I liked the Animatrix one). And despite sticking to his schtick, he does try different things every now and then. I would give examples, but it's late and I'm too tired to think.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but have the Cinema Snob and Linkara stuck to their schticks for about as long as Doug has?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Political correctness is a very ugly game where plenty of people cannot keep up with the ever changing rules.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

So to move away from this "topic", I found this person who looks at current anime. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to read much and can't guarantee if he's good or not.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Jay O posted:

Screencap culture blog with one short paragraph of plot summary and one of "opinion" except kind of they're both the same, followed by twenty million screencaps? I can answer that question for you! :v:
It was a quick search. I didn't want these people to drown this thread with stupid stuff.

quote:

Also, that poor soul is still watching Cross Ange. :stare:
Well someone has to see how deep the rabbit hole goes and how brutally murdered the rabbit is at the end.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

You know, the word "hate" makes people feel bad. You think we should stop using it?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Cyron posted:

people forget that while some of the TNG movies where enjoyable, it was a prototype to what '09 and Into Darkness turn Star Trek into.

You're suggesting more than one?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I like internet critics because I like hearing other people's point of views on subjects, especially if they articulate their positions well.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Does that apply to the people who say that Let It Go is a metaphor for coming out?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

What exactly is the negative if people believe that?

I'm not saying there is a negative, I was just trying to give an example.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Isn't he the guy who writes his female characters as some kind of hooker?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I remember one of Phelous's earliest videos where he freaks out about A ZOMBIE FISHERMAN!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I've heard people talk about Libertarians, but I keep hearing different things. Who are they and what do they stand for?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'll look at that thread later when I have time.

Rebochan posted:

Todd's patreon pushed past $1000, so we should be seeing a new Top Ten Worst Songs list.

Hooray, I'll be looking forward to it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Are there any video games with moral choice systems where the "good" side isn't the right side?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Smarty gives a heartfelt farewell to Channel Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

They were doing that show for weeks already, it's not new.

• Locked thread