Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tracula posted:

Exactly. It's not perfect but KOTOR2 actually empasizes that the universe is grey. Kreia doesn't want you to be good or evil. Interestingly if anything she's a genuine mother figure to the Exile and her whole point is that she wants you to think for yourself rather than follow any sort of rigid light/dark bullshit.

Didn't you still get loot hosed if you didn't end up either light or dark side by the time you reached the end? I'll have to go back and look, but I'm pretty sure if you ended up a Grey Jedi/Sith/Whatever you once again didn't have access to the best stuff. Though I seem to remember it being better than the complete piece of poo poo armor the neutrals got just before Malak in KOTOR 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't really think an Amazon has to be built like a brick shithouse

I mean hell just look at how the Greeks drew Amazons in their vase art
https://www.google.com/search?q=ama...iw=1366&bih=643

Aren't her superpowers basically magic anyway? She's from a Hellenistic warrior society so she should be fit, but the magic means she doesn't actually need muscles. I'd prefer a strong looking Wonder Woman, but as long as it's not Twiggy in a tiara it's likely ok.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I noticed that the Supergirl show is about 24 year old Kara. Does that mean they're ignoring the Kara Zor-El from the prequel comic that explained how the Kryptonian ship got to Earth for Man of Steel?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jack Gladney posted:

That is appalling. Mara Wilson hasn't even been in a movie since 1995. Why would these horrible loving nerds go harass a private citizen for being a bad kid actor? And she was great in that video with Lindsay Ellis' gang where they ate dunkaroos, by which I mean she was a normal person with funny things to say about Fruit by the Foot.

It's a well established fact that people on the internet are the worst. Digital pseudo anonymity makes people dicks and allows them to otherize those they are attacking to a degree that history's biggest psychopaths would find disturbing. Our monkey brains just haven't evolved fast enough to keep up with our technology.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mraagvpeine posted:

Why is there a part of our monkey brains that condones this?

That's just how monkey's are, man. Flinging their poop, fighting and loving. That's the monkey way.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man of Steel is the best Superman movie.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I find that people over emphasize and inflate the amount of "grim dark" in Man of Steel. Especially in the fight between Clark and Zod in Metropolis.

MonsieurChoc posted:

The best superman movie is the Fleitcher cartoons.

While great, they aren't really a movie. I need to go back and watch those again to see if Lois is still awesome in them or if other versions of Lois are infiltrating my memories of Fleitcher Lois.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's two macguffins to blow up. One is in the middle of the ocean and an easy airborne kill. The other in a densely-populated city and much tougher to take down. They sent Superman to the one out in the ocean :cripes:.

They sent Superman to the one on the other side of the world while they used the magi-tech worm hole machine that was just miles away from the city macguffin. Unless you think the Malaysian(Indonesian?) armed forces are going to fair better than the US military against alien super tech. Also the one they sent Superman to destroy was the one actually terraforming the Earth, while the US took on the regular alien space ship.

It was a pretty reasonable plan. Especially since relaying all the necessary information to the militaries in the Oceania area would take longer than Superman just flying there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Alacron posted:

So having never seen MoS, why does kid-Clark whear a cape and do a Superman pose? I remember it in the teaser trailers and wondering this, do they show him reading comic books and wanting to be a superhero? Are there already superheros in that universe? Does he have Alan Scott's autograph on his copy of Green Lantern or something?

Or is it just mindless "IT'S loving SUPERMAN!!!" imagery?

While capes and hands on hips as a pose have become associated with Superman in our world, they did predate Superman. Knights, nobility, kings, Robin Hood and others have all worn a cape. Hands on hips is a pose that is associated with confidence, power, heroism, and assertiveness. For us they've largely become linked with superheroes, but there's an underlying reason that they adopted those to begin with.

Also, yes it associates him with Superman for the audience.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Asuron posted:

:barf:

You're attributing way more thought into it than someone like Zack Snyder is capable of, please stop.

The real answer is that it was Superman imagery because it looked cool to Zack Snyder. Much like how he spends the whole movie trying to make the audience believe that Clark is a god and a force of absolute good and then has him engage in wanton destruction of the town and city without even an attempt to move the fight with Zod and his goons somewhere where people can't get hurt because he wanted a big epic fight scene in a collapsing city.

Zod was the one driving the fight into the city. Superman did make at least one attempt to move the fight, but since Zod also was a god it didn't do much. Plus the fight was actually pretty brief.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Asuron posted:

Not really. The first time they face off he literally slams Zod into the nearby town and then proceeds to keep the fight there even though at one point he's literally fighting in a diner with lots of other people crouching around them. They just keep slugging it out until he gets blown through a wall.

Yes in Smallville Superman is temporarily blinded by rage. He stops talking to Lois in mid sentence and takes off. He then yells at Zod for a good 5 miles about attacking Ma Kent. It's only after he sees Pete Ross that he realizes what he's done and then he does try and minimize the damage. Personally I rather like this fight because it shows him learning, realizing that he always has to be in control and can't let his emotions get the better of him.

quote:

The second time he just punches Zod into every building he sees. I mean on its own this shouldn't be that big a deal right? But that's the problem with the movie , the tone is all over place. They try to glorify Superman as a hero but he never really does anything heroic other than beat Zod and causes more destruction by keeping it in the area. In the Avengers you had the same type of city wide destruction but you had multiple scenes where the Avengers were helping citizens, trying to move fights way from them and making that the priority. Superman is never shown to be doing any of that except to save Lois Lane repeatedly when she falls from the air which just clashes with everything the movie tries to portray him as.

Superman punches Zod into exactly 1 building in the fight, which is the station at the end on their reentry from space. He scraps Zod's face across the glass of another and does cause an explosion into the side of a third building, which Zod is in the process of destroying, through the force of hitting Zod. The initial act of moving the fight from the ruined crater portion of the city to the ruined portion is also the act of Zod and not Superman.

Zod is the one who is knocking Superman into buildings and causing maximum collateral damage. Superman repeatedly tries to keep the fight in the open streets, in the air, and finally in space. Zod thwarts this each time. Finally Superman manages to gain the upper hand during their reentry impact and pins Zod in the train(?) station. At which point Zod starts eye lazering in an attempt to kill people.

The big problem with the Metropolis fight is that the editing doesn't work. It's supposed to be slightly confused as these two gods fight each other, often switching direction and control multiple times in the space of one attack. However Snyder, or the Editor, or whoever, fails to maintain coherence between cuts. Superman hits Zod to the right, cut, Superman flies through a building from left to right from Zod hitting him. The way the shots are cut together makes it look like Superman just knocked Zod through a building instead of it being the other way around. This happens multiple times in the fight, forcing you to work against what your brain expects from a movie. With each cut you have to reexamine the scene and ignore the previous scene's composition. If the cuts where located when we see Zod and Superman writhing around in mid air they would work better, instead the cuts most often happen with one of them knocking the other away and then cutting to a scene where their positions are reversed.

CelticPredator posted:

There is none of that in Man of Steel. Death and destruction with a poo poo ton of cynical product placement.

Was there more product placement in Man of Steel than usual? Yes, Sears was slightly awkwardly framed into a couple of Smallville fight scenes, but by and large it was more unobtrusive than other movies I've seen. I don't think anyone awkwardly held a soda with it's label always facing the camera or name dropped products in an unnatural way.

But product placement is kind of a weird thing where what bothers one person doesn't bother another.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hbomberguy posted:

Personally I think the Zod fight owns because it's this disorienting struggle. Gods are fighting, and the film cannot keep up with them. It is visually disturbing in this really great way. Viewers detect this and attribute it as a flaw, but it's clearly very effective. It would be like arguing that the scene where Zod's mask gets broken and he starts to see with x-ray vision was disorienting. Like, yeah!

I don't think it's like Zod's x-ray vision at all. That's clearly representing the disorienting effect and the actual effect from Zod's point of view. The editing of the fight is like bad shaky cam. It's making things unclear beyond the intended usage. A muddled mess isn't an effective visual information method. You have to maintain enough clarity for the audience to be able to pull out the story.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hbomberguy posted:

For me at least, the disorienting-ness of the fight reflects the themes of the conflict being represented and I found it knocked me off-kilter in a really entertaining way.

I think I approach the film from a different place though: I don't try to pre-judge the 'intended usage' and then measure the film against it, I just take it for what it is. If I wanted to use the intent argument, though, I'd bring up that we're dealing with the master of slowing things down to show total clarity, the guy behind the speed-ramping of 300 and the ultra-close-ups of Dawn of the Dead. Not slowing down, not giving you time to focus and not getting a money shot of slow motion punching is totally purposeful on the part of the creators. Snyder is a master of visuals and film is a visual medium. The film is the way it is and it conveys what it conveys.

I don't so much disagree as I think the method utilized was not optimal for that result. To go back to shaky cam, good shaky cam still allows to you understand what is going on. Bad shaky cam prevents understanding. More information is always better better and I think the information lost was greater than what was gained from the confusion.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hbomberguy posted:

Confusion, and information loss, was the point of the scene.

It was not the only point of the scene.

HorseRenoir posted:

Isn't a huge point of shaky cam that it prevents understanding? How would a found footage film change if the camera's movement was steady and you knew what was happening at all times?

No, the point of shaky cam is to put the audience into a similar frame of mind as the characters. To emphasize the the confusing and frenetic nature of the situation. However the point isn't to turn the entire scene into a visual collage of indecipherability. A good found footage film, which is practically an oxymoron, utilizes limited and controlled shaky cam. The camera is not fastened down and is allowed to wander more than in a traditional film. Since the character with the camera is trying to film the events, and doesn't have late stage Parkinsons, the overall watchability of the scene should not be impacted. When you're filming something on the camera do you pointlessly move it all over the place so as to make the footage unwatchable?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rebochan posted:

Meanwhile, Lindsey launched a Patreon for Loose Canon and also put a post flipping the bird at everyone getting mad that she put up a Patreon because making money on the Internet isn't a real job like the Olive Garden.

Also it pretty much explains why her output plummeted (she DID get "real" jobs.)

How can you possibly get mad at someone for putting up a Patreon, Kickstarter, Indigogo, whatever crazy flavor of donation aggregator? Oh no, they want money for whatever product/service they're offering. Those fiends!

At best I can see discussion of how many people are supporting someone/something and whether or not it's a silly amount. But never actually getting emotional about it. That's just weird as poo poo.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rebochan posted:

Now I want to see a BHH on Ishtar. No joke.

I think the 2 hour trailer would make a more interesting episode. Pawns, or messengers of God?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If you want to name your toy skull and put it in all your backgrounds, fine with me. But it has to be a good toy skull that is crafted to look real, metallic, or crystal. Also, have the dignity to own the pretend skull of a person who went to the pretend dentist when they were pretend alive.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Annointed posted:

But people literally believe that god is real. Not a 'minority' thing but a LOT of people do. As in milllions believe that God (Yahweh in this instance) exists as a deity with a heaven and a hell.

The vast majority of religious beliefs are based on the existence of a literal being or collection of beings of divine nature. Even among the more shamanistic faiths there are generally actual spirits of whatever that are real. It really only among "spiritual" groups, select Buddhist sects, even more select Hindu sects, and the various philosophy "religions" that you're going to get general agreement that the divine is a concept and not a being.

Granted the divine is rarely a literal being of organic material, though it can manifest itself thusly, but rather a non corporeal being. Christianity even goes out of it's way to have a spirit, an avatar, and a being beyond puny human comprehension in order to cover all the bases!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

KayTee posted:

Alright, I give up - can someone please explain this joke to me.

Take the next 2 hours and meditate on this truth, then all will become clear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLKZtppbm_Q

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jack Gladney posted:

I think you'll find that most mainline American Protestants don't really give a poo poo and are fine with the Bible being stories that use metaphor and God being a feeling or whatever.

Mainline American Protestants, as sects, are more likely to actually critically think about the religion and observe the teachings of Christ rather than use the bible to simple reinforce their own beliefs in whatever(Prosperity Gospel, Moral Majority, Dominionism, etc.)

They are generally not more likely to believe that God is just an idea. Less of an angry old man in the sky keeping notes on all your filthy sins, closer to a spirit perhaps, but still an actual being. Unitarians, sure, but the other sects all have a divine being as part of their dogma. They are probably more likely to keep agnostics and closet atheists coming to services than Evangelicals though. So you're more likely to get a higher rate of "sure god is just, like, a concept, man" responses from them than Evangelical sects.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

e X posted:

Eh, I hope Supes can catch up. As a pop cultural icon he is just vastly more interesting than Cap, who, outside of the last 5+ years, never really had a huge public presence or many different adaptions, which is the core of the whole show after all.

But since Marvel movies are currently big with what is essentially the target audience of LC I am somewhat pessimistic.

There's years worth of Superman examination though. There's like nothing outside a couple internet posts about the evolution of Captain America. Plus Captain America as the American Ideal and the resulting changes is better than another rehash of immigrants and religion.

Also I just really love that in the beginning Captain America snuck around so his sergeant wouldn't find out Private Rodgers was really Captain America. It's so ridiculous, and would end up with him getting KP or something. Punch Hitler in the face, and get ordered to peal enough potatoes for the entire platoon as a result.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

As in "gently caress fair use!" insane or are they simply more strict (but in the right) compared to everyone else?

http://youtubedoubler.com/b9ly

Mostly the former. They have an automated system that actively looks for potential infringement and have their dispute system set up in favor of complainants. Plus if you jump through all the hoops after getting a take down notice you can just get slapped with another one anyway. Also they allow dick moves like Nintendo just claiming all revenue for videos with footage of their games.

There's a lot of legitimate, are you making GBS threads me, piracy and infringement going on on youtube. However the system in place seems to use that as a justification to be draconinan in their response. Which is probably due in large part to the automated nature of it. Youtube's big and they can't employ enough people to look at everything, but they've set up a system that defaults to simply accepting the claims of the complainant.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
In content related news, SFDebris takes a look at Lynch Dune

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Miss Wallace posted:

Because sometimes people don't want to put their personal lives out on the internet.

I have a right to know all the goings on of the peoples I watch on the internets from the comfort of my basement lair, though.

It'll all probably come out later though because nobody knows how to keep a lid on it. Social Media is the Geraldo Riviera to privacy's Al Capone's Vault.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
"Santa's gonna cut you, man! Santa's a blade man, man!" was what introduced me to MST3K when flipping through the channels one day. Of course then Comedy Central cancelled it and I didn't know Sci-Fi picked it up until I happened upon it again a couple years later.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm kind of surprised they've never heard of Cynthia Rothrock. I thought she was pretty famous for a B movie star. Then again I could be in a different age cohort where Hong Kong imports were the thing you picked up at your local movie rental place. Just all martial arts imports, Cinemax style American titty action movies, weird poo poo horror, and the one time you picked up Faces of Death and then gave which ever friend suggested it poo poo for the next month.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PresidentBeard posted:

Self-employed people pay taxes as a business would. So they end up paying at the maximum possible tax bracket in the US most of the time. So equal to what people who make 400k+ a year pay, and yes sadly that is the highest income bracket in the US.

Incorrect. They pay taxes based on their income just like everyone else. They do have to pick up the matching percentages that their employer normally would for Social Security and Medicare. Additionally you can write off any expenses you incured for creating your internet videos. Including percentages of rent and utilities.

If they were to incorporate their channel, then that corporation would be subject to business taxes which would vary depending on location. Otherwise they file as 1099 same as someone contracting or freelancing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Leal posted:

Those are... extremely high rates. So does that mean you pretty much to set aside 30% of your income each paycheck to hand over to taxman the following year?

I would assume they are taken out of foreigner's pay by the foreigner government just the same as when the US withholds taxes from each of your paychecks. When contracting you of course don't get that, though you would probably be able to use an estimated tax form and/or file quarterly so as to not be tossing all your taxes to the government at once.

Or you could Wesley Snipes that poo poo and then walk around with a dead calve in your arms for the media when the government comes for you. Your results are probably going to be closer to Wesley Snipes than Cliven Bundy though. Really don't suggest you try and Bundy it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Also, I don't bring up SFDebris enough, but somebody asked him to do Gurren Lagann, which is probably gonna be entertaining as hell because it's just so dumb.

At least he's getting anime requests that aren't some sort of dark punishment.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BigRed0427 posted:

I REALLY wanna request Evangelion. It's a classic, and yet the lesbian moon princesses are kinder to it's viewers than that show. :getin:

Done and Done

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I've found that reading the replies for SFDebris reviews on Channel Awesome tend toward amazing. Never before would I have thought DS9 was the worst Trek, with a distinct lack of characters. Among the reasons the characters suck is "Kieko's blatant feminism". Also Ferengi not being 100% about profit all day every day is apparently dumb.

It's a view into an alternate universe of near complete wrongness.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

OldMemes posted:

I actually feel really bad for Brad, Tamara and Malcom watching this.

There's a lot of potenial in the idea of an Internet gameshow, especially with Brad hosting, but this is awful. Why are the contestants not introduced? Why is Tamara doing a really unfunny skit? Why is there no real structure to the rounds or questions? Why is the editing so bad? Why aren't there any sound effects to get the feel of a game show? Why is it 30 mintues long?!

Brad hosting a game show should be gold, but this is just incompetant. It's just Brad reading out cards in an empty silent room, and just feels bad. At least I laughed at a few of Brad's zingers, I guess?

Comedy Central has a fairly successful internet game show that comes on @Midnight.

Mr. Fowl posted:

Cash Cab got away with low cash prizes. But then, you didn't have to dress up for Cash Cab. You were getting into a cab and suddenly eligible to win dozens, nay, hundreds of dollars.

All that these "contestants" have to do is realize that there are gameshow laws, get a lawyer, and Michaud & Co. are hosed.

Cash Cab also had the bonus of a free cab ride. The only downside was that if you lost you had to get out and hail another cab while being closer to your destination.

Also you really only have to worry about game show fixing if you're on broadcast TV. Otherwise the FCC ain't got poo poo on you. Same as cursing and nudity. Basic Cable is only really governed by subscriber outrage and self imposed standards and practices.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jack Gladney posted:

Last Man on Planet Earth is astounding and everyone should watch it right now. Possibly the first recorded instance of some familiar MRA rhetoric. Maybe today's shitlords saw this as young kids and they imprinted on it or something.

It's so astounding that I remember having some of the same issues with it that GoingRampant did, and I was a Rush Limbaugh listening, traditional family values, young Republican idiot at the time.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

i am tim! posted:

Goddamn, I'm glad the anime I latched onto in High School was .hack//SIGN. That one is alright, right? I mean, I'm pretty sure the worst thing to come out of that was a couple of grindy, dull video games.

It's really better if you just accept that High School you had horrible taste. If by some chance it turns out something you liked in High School is actually good, well that's probably just a coincidence. It's not High School you's fault, they had way less life experience and their brain/body was actively loving with them.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

OldMemes posted:

picking at Brad for his marriage not working out, Spoony for having mental health issues, or Linkara for having a trans person as an ex-girlfriend,

I see the route of assholishness with the first two, but is the Linkara thing just weak gay jokes or something?

littleorv posted:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is the best anime

100% right. And you get your choice of at least 3 different giant protagonists. Also the sweet perfection that is Speedwagon.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Calaveron posted:

So hey I hear that despite of (or due to) his patreon Moviebob owes an absurd amount of taxes
Can we talk about taxes again

Actually, does Patreon count as gift money or some sort of contract payment? If it's the former, as long as no individual is giving you more than 10(14?) thousand a year you shouldn't be responsible for any taxes on it. Unless Patreon counts as the entity being gifted the money, in which case they're just giving the content providers however much a year. Which might be tax free for the first 10(14?)K?

Jack Gladney posted:

Which is not the same thing and also what actually matters.

I think the argument is that by "shaming" the actions of a fiction character you can be seen to be shaming those same actions in the real world.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

stillvisions posted:

Projection is one of the hallmarks of fandom - anyone who's been cornered for ten minutes while someone tells you about their favorite anime/D&D campaign/"funny" story about meeting some convention celebrity has been on the wrong end of that projection. Or 45 minutes stuck on an airport shuttle to MAGFest while someone talked at me about Battletoads.

Battletoads has a fandom? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I just remember it as that game with the vehicle level that cause me and my brother to quit playing because we couldn't beat it. I remember it being pretty fun up until toad destroying application of inertia via walls.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

stillvisions posted:

I made the mistake of trying to strike up conversation because we had a boring shuttle ride to a gaming convention and from the guy's conversation with who I could only assume was his dad it was obvious he was going there. The dad gave an apologetic look after it began and any attempts by myself or the dad to drag the conversation back to non-Battletoads hit a wall.

He had started by talking about how he needed to meet various streamers and LPers because he was trying to do that as his living and needed them to follow him, so I can only assume he was giving me a sampling of his online work by doing his schtick, which mostly consisted of a blow-by-blow account of how the levels progressed. Given the dad accompanying someone who looked old enough to travel on his own and his inability to recognize hints to change the subject it felt like there was some sort of social deficit going on; it's kind of an unfair example of projection but it's probably the worst example I've hit by virtue of being trapped in a van going at highway speeds for it.

You need to always be on the lookout for a soft embankment or lake along the road for use to tuck and roll to safety. If necessary, employ Salinger Captain America's patented car theft method.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Testekill posted:

We just need more series' like G Gundam with the Tequila Gundam.

EDIT: I actually kinda feel like playing Armored Core For Answer now or DW Gundam.

G Gundam is the only true Gundam. Holland's Gundam has a windmill on it, Sweden's has long blond hair, and Denmark's is a giant fish, because why the gently caress not? Most nations' Gundams are similarly designed by people whose only knowledge of the country is based on the accounts of their cousin's extremely racist and insane friend's international travels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PassTheRemote posted:

Is it ever explained why Mitch hates dogs?

St. Bernards are world famous for stealing his saves.

• Locked thread