Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Multiple endings are incredibly important in game narrative nowadays. Why shouldn’t I have an ending that changes depending on the narrative choices I made? Heck, the internet flipped out because the endings of Mass Effect 3 weren’t different enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

FoldableHuman posted:

I've been meaning to revisit 13th Warrior since my Beowulf stream. Haven't seen it since it came out. I remember at the time it felt disjointed, kinda hacked up and scrambled, but I wonder if my compass for that has been completely recalibrated in recent years by crap like Fant4stic, Suicide Squad, and Justice League, and 13th Warrior will look pretty okay in comparison.

I remember that the earlier part of the movie feeling weirdly paced. Most of the movie takes place in the viking village, which I am pretty sure covers few days or a week of time, but they start the movie by quickly glossing over the two long voyages the main character took from the Middle East to get there and how he learned their language along the way. There’s a HUGE shift in the passage of time.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

So basically the marketing departments are pushing for higher graphics because they can convey that aspect of the game in 15 second commercials far more practically than they can convey qualities like story or gameplay.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

The conflict in "Sub Rosa" is resolved when Geordie and Data sneak out into a churchyard in the dead of night and dig up an old lady's grave.

Don’t forget that the energy being ghost possesses the dead old lady’s body and attacks Geordie! That was hilarious and I wouldn’t blame Allison for doing that episode just for that scene.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

An old favourite YouTube channel of mine is Cooking with Dog, a Japanese cooking show made for English speakers starring Francis, a poodle. It’s mostly Japanese food as, lots of close up shots and clear directions.

Also the dog is cute.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

I mean, I would definitely call that a derail, and I think it speaks to how much of a mess this thread is that name calling and flaming has to happen in order to qualify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

“Oops”

Jesus loving Christ, some people...

• Locked thread