Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Is there one of those ever-growing gifs of :stare:?

Because that's what it feels like reading the Channel Awesome doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Came for the salt, stayed for the victim blaming song.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

lornekates posted:

I love how in their minds, it's just to make CA look bad. Not:

1) CA's own actions make them look bad
2) As a way to educate future producers about the bad behavior
3) To bring to light the fact that many, many avenues of remediation were attempted already, so this is the END of the long chain of events, not the only chain in-- umm-- a single chain.

Not surprising, since from all the stories I've heard, dudes seem to have genuine trouble with the idea that other people are humans with lives and minds of their own, outside of whatever the CA three want.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Augus posted:

who the hell just grabs a random cinnamon bun sitting out in a place full of people

Doug Walker, apparently.

ETA:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Has there been any info on who the accused sexual predator is? I keep seeing it mentioned and its weird to me that they haven't named him for whatever reason.

Probably because outing the predator risks outing the victims, and people- especially internet people- don't have a good track record regarding interacting with victims of sexual predation.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Leal posted:

Yeah, this thread is getting way too "Lalala, plug my ears, can't hear you!" about literally anything about Spoony. Its like when people would talk about a certain anime in various mock threads of the past, don't know what this anime was but it was always brought up as "That anime that shall not be named" or "tatsnbn". Is Spoony going to be this thread's "That reviewer that shall not be named"? Its ok to talk about him guys, he isn't a pedophile anime.

What do you want to say about him?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Is that stream do any more than read the document? Because I already read that, and it wasn’t something I really want to read again.

He comments in reaction to things on it. It's nothing super unusual, though, from the bit I watched, so... eh. Marzgurl's stream reading the "apology" was better for entertainment. This stream seems just like something for people who haven't read the thing.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Leal posted:

Yeah I didn't realize just how popular "reading something" is on youtube. I checked out youtube to see people's different opinions on the matter and... I saw like 3 of those? The rest were just people reading the document, not even adding their own input. Just an A to Z reading of the document. Its not even like they were doing in a sultry voice or in ASMR. I don't get youtube.

I tend to like things like that because I do a lot of drawing work, so it's more efficient to be able to listen to someone read aloud while I work than to read a thing on my own, where I have to not be working.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Max Wilco posted:

So are we not supposed to like Brad, or that Tyger guy who got mentioned earlier? I don't know anything about Tyger, but I really like Brad and his videos. However, I don't think people are going to be happy if he stays with CA.

I mean in terms of personal ethics and morality, that's your own call to make.

In terms of what those involved have been saying, sure, keep supporting the creators who are still with CA, just don't support CA.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Kim Justice posted:

Have we mentioned that the reason why Doug doesn't like going to cons is because he once walked into a room he was going to do a talk in, saw some cinnabons, shouted "HEY! FREE CINNABON!!" and ate it only to be told that it had been frosted using a Bad Dragon dildo?

I don't know if that's THE reason, but it's funny as hell.

Frankly, I'm hoping we get some more stories in that vein, because dumb jerks owning themselves is always the best thing.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Archer666 posted:

Lol no way are there people that actually believe that.

The age of the internet should have taught us all by now that, just like there's nothing so mundane that some poor pervert doesn't wank to it, no belief is too stupid for some weirdo to passionately hold it.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

That's not Welshy, that's Sad Panda.

:thejoke:

Because Doug mixed them up. Somehow.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Kim Justice posted:

I kinda got tagged into their own square go for a bit after I had my own argument with Goldmark, and it wasn't pretty - just constant escalating. Goldmark is just...dunno, man. Seeing as he's clearly so bitter about feeling like he *has* to leave, maybe he should have just not bothered. Even in leaving he's burning the crap out of anyone who's percieved to have slighted him.

He said something earlier about wanting to avoid burning bridges because of a bad choice in his youth... seems like he's flipped to "gently caress it, burn everything!"

Which... is a bit worrying. Hope the dude's gonna be OK.

ETA: Holy poo poo, that whole thread tho :stare:

Puppy Time fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 8, 2018

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Kim Justice posted:

It seems like there's another wave of people who act virtuous all the time in public suddenly getting badly exposed for who they actually are. Between this and Brandon Boyer and obviously the CA stuff...hoo boy.

Positions of power and prestige tend to attract the kind of people who want power and prestige, which is often the kind of person who's inclined to be abusive. This isn't to say that every person in power is an abuser, just that it's no surprise that some abusers make their way into positions that enable abuse.

Frankly, I'm just glad we're in a place where people CAN speak out and get abusers outed, rather than have it all hushed up. At least, more than we used to see.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Seriously, why did crossovers become a Thing in the TGWTG review community? Like, specifically the idea of "you'll be a guest on my show, but your contribution is limited to saying the lines I give you and also there is some kind of skit plotline." I never thought about it much, but that poo poo's weird.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

No like I understand the reason you'd do guesting stuff for cross-promotion, I'm more confused why it took the really idiotically specific form that it did.

Though I suspect the answer probably boils down to "Doug has stupid ideas and is a goddam control freak."

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Gorn Myson posted:

I'm more confused that anyone is so invested in this thing that they've been talking about it for about 30 odd pages now.

Parasocial relationships, my man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

business hammocks posted:

This is a good culmination of our years-long contempt for Doug Walker. Let him not darken our new thread unless he continues to be a cowardly, destructive, talentless moron in some fresh aspect.

I mean we mostly ignore him here, too, he's just mildly relevant because of Recent Events and everyone loves an excuse to dunk on annoying people who are inexplicably popular.

• Locked thread