Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

01011001 posted:

wait why does it not come with an ac adapter, what the hell

it's retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
Will the New 3DS allow older games to run faster and replicate using the Circle Pad Pro?

I'm saying this because I got Snake Eater 3D for Christmas.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

1upclock posted:

Will the New 3DS allow older games to run faster and replicate using the Circle Pad Pro?

I'm saying this because I got Snake Eater 3D for Christmas.

yes

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I hope they change it to include an AC adapter. At least it doesn't have a proprietary headphone jack. I hated that thing during the SP days.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Are there any good places to pre-order them? Amazon doesn't have them listed yet and they usually ship Nintendo stuff a day or two late in my experience.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I hope they change it to include an AC adapter. At least it doesn't have a proprietary headphone jack. I hated that thing during the SP days.

It was a really long time ago but I remember using regular 3.5 MM headphones with my SP.

e: you're right, it had an adapter. weird

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mad Man Pusco posted:

It was a really long time ago but I remember using regular 3.5 MM headphones with my SP.

Which one was it that had the stupid proprietary one then? I remember one of them being a pain in the rear end. It was a long time ago so I could be wrong on it being the SP.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
im gonna buy the monster© ac adapters when they come out

do you need to include your adapter when you trade in at gamestop?

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
nah you're right i googled it, I'm thinking of the original DS

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

hubris.height posted:

yes

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

hubris.height posted:

Is that the same monster that makes the overpriced audio cables

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah why not just get a nintendo ac adapter that's five dollars and will probably outlive you

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yes but that is (hopefully) not a real thing

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Is that the same monster that makes the overpriced audio cables

you can really hear the difference

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

hubris.height posted:

yes but that is (hopefully) not a real thing

I didn't get the joke

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
it was more in reference to this

Lemming posted:

Cheap knockoffs that will burn your house down are even less!

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Nintendo does the no charger thing in Europe already I think lol

quote:

Iwata -
According to the original specifications, if you were playing while charging, you were surpassing the capacity of the existing AC adapter. For that reason, there was a time that, you thought you might have to prepare a special version.

Koshiishi -
Yeah. But later on, through cooperation with the manufacturer, we were able to get by with the existing adapter. We also discussed cost and whether we needed to include the charging cradle. And you suggested not including the AC adapter.

(Editor's note: The North American version of the Nintendo 3DS XL does include an AC adapter.)

Iwata - That's right.

Koshiishi -
We worried over it, but during that time, all the groups within the company naturally shared a desire to separate what was absolutely necessary and what wasn't. In the end, we decided that it was best to sell the AC adapter and the charging cradle separately.

Iwata -
About the AC adapter, this is the fourth of this type since the Nintendo DSi13 system, so I think many people have the previous AC adapters. That being the case, we thought we should make it easier, even if just a little, to buy the system. However, you have to have the stores notify shoppers that this product doesn't come with an AC adapter, so if you don't already have one, you have to buy it separately. This project required the sales division to be thorough on that point as well.

Koshiishi -
That's right. I was relieved that everyone on the staff understood that we were saying to the players, "We won't make you pay for something you don't need."

Fairly loving retarded, Iwata.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
though monster does make power strips and claim they provide 'a more clean power' so i would not be surprised if they did start making the ac adapters

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i got a 3ds xl last week, and i didn't realize they were already coming out with a new version.

i hope there will be a trade in option available in gamestops and such. my 3ds was a nintendo referb so i don't mind shelling out a few more bucks for an upgrade.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got my XL for 100 dollars so if gamestop lets you trade it in as a 100 dollar credit or even 80-90 im golden.

i cant believe i'll have the new monster hunter in a month

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

metroid prime trilogy for $13 is loving amazing

now i need to get an external hard drive for my wii u

is there a thing that would let me use my synology for that?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

i got my XL for 100 dollars so if gamestop lets you trade it in as a 100 dollar credit or even 80-90 im golden.

i cant believe i'll have the new monster hunter in a month

$18 for shipping and $20 sales tax was lame but considering my XL's thumbstick was all hosed up it was a good deal fo rme

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i made a huge mistake downloading smash bros instead of buying a physical disc. it takes up like half the loving 32GB the wiiu comes with and gently caress if im buying an external just for the wiiu

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ordered a 32gb micro sd for my new Nintendo New 3DS XL.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
just get a flash drive on sale on new egg at some point

e: w/r/t wii u storage

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

hubris.height posted:

I considered doing this but when you look it up people seem to hem and haw about how you really want a full blown external hard drive with it's own power source because flash drives aren't meant to handle the constant rewriting that occurs with save files? Are they just full of poo poo basically?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

hubris.height posted:

new egg doesn't ship to australia so they're useless

and yeah the ports are stupid low power ports so you can't use a portable external hard drive, its got to be one with a power adaptor

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

chaosbreather posted:

new egg doesn't ship to australia so they're useless

and yeah the ports are stupid low power ports so you can't use a portable external hard drive, its got to be one with a power adaptor

buy from well-rated chinamen on ebay

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
idk i just bought one for like 20-some bucks and it works nicely

i don't really listen to idiots concerns with wii u flash driving on the internet, especially when it comes to things like 'omg the rewrites will ruin the flash drive' pttth

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The no charger thing would make sense if they didnt use their own special snowflake plug for their chargers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx posted:

The no charger thing would make sense if they didnt use their own special snowflake plug for their chargers

it's like the wiimotes for the wiiu. they felt there were already enough "in the wild" that they didn't need to include it and drive up the pricepoint/their losses.

it really isn't a big deal. if for some bizarre reason you've never owned a DS of any kind or a 3DS, you can buy one super cheap.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think there is a good case to do it, but it is a bit weird to buy a consumer electronic that literally will not work unless you also already have something or buy something to go along with it. Not bad or wrong, but jarring.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

its totally worth it, it makes the box super tiny

its like the size of a video tape, its awesome

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's like the wiimotes for the wiiu. they felt there were already enough "in the wild" that they didn't need to include it and drive up the pricepoint/their losses.

it really isn't a big deal. if for some bizarre reason you've never owned a DS of any kind or a 3DS, you can buy one super cheap.

the regular DS chargers won't work, only DSi chargers

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
MAJORAS MASK version is up on Best Buy right now still

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
What if they come uncharged? :v:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

MAJORAS MASK version is up on Best Buy right now still

I'm preordering this, thanks for the heads up gamer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I considered doing this but when you look it up people seem to hem and haw about how you really want a full blown external hard drive with it's own power source because flash drives aren't meant to handle the constant rewriting that occurs with save files? Are they just full of poo poo basically?

I just have a regular rear end flash drive that is a dedicated Bayonetta 2 storage machine and haven't had any problems yet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Is the New 3DSXL worth getting if I already have a 3DXL (I'd sell it obviously)

if you want to play monster hunter it's a big upgrade because of the c-stick.

otherwise it loads everything a lot faster and has non-hosed up 3D. if you dont care about any of this, don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Is the New 3DSXL worth getting if I already have a 3DXL (I'd sell it obviously)

It's basically a $100 upgrade to the new system that will likely be their next major handheld focus. Im going to get it but only because I use my 3DS a lot and don't mind paying now while I can sell the XL for value. Idgaf about xenoblade but I know nintendo will make good games for it eventually

• Locked thread